Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Exodus. I don't know what the character is up to these days, but in the 90s he was being primed to be the next Magneto-lite, mutant supremist villain and powerful enough to take on both the X-Men and Avengers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Could this be the return of Factor 3?
    Oooooh . . . I'm up for that.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think Exodus would be a better candidate if he didn't have the red skin. It makes him look too alien to fill the role IMO. But I do think that whoever can fill Magneto's role must have similar destructive offensive powers. Disqualifying Fabian Cortez, Sabretooth etc. And reminder that Sinister isn't a mutant.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

IA with those that said Selene. A good writer is gonna have to give her a good motivation though outside of maintaining her beauty and just having people worship her. I love her as a villian but she's never really had a compelling reason for her villiany and thats kept her from being one of the greats bc she tends to be written very superficially. She needs something that would keep her as a recurring threat

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Besides Selene and Apocalypse, why not make the other Externals, like Candra, Gideon and Crule a shot. Some (not al) can be quite a challenge.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Besides Selene and Apocalypse, why not make the other Externals, like Candra, Gideon and Crule a shot. Some (not al) can be quite a challenge.
    I dont thnk any of them were particuarly interesting to elevate to the level of a Magneto. They arent evel at the level of a HFC Inner Circle

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Cyclops he's a villain in the making & it would make him more interesting for example look at the Age of Apocalypse version. Scott Summers is just waiting for a catalyst to bring him to the dark side
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Cyclops he's a villain in the making & it would make him more interesting for example look at the Age of Apocalypse version. Scott Summers is just waiting for a catalyst to bring him to the dark side
    We already got that with AvX and its aftermath and teh last thing he needs is for him to be percieved as the villian in universe again. IDA that he's a villian in the making as his arc since his return doesnt support that. That trajectory was more believable in the deciMation era than it is now which has reset him back to his formidable heroic years

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We already got that with AvX and its aftermath and teh last thing he needs is for him to be percieved as the villian in universe again. IDA that he's a villian in the making as his arc since his return doesnt support that. That trajectory was more believable in the deciMation era than it is now which has reset him back to his formidable heroic years
    Even at his worst (outside of the flaming cosmic turkey taking over) Scott never came close to outright villainy. He didn't become Magneto (despite us being told he had, it was never SHOWN) but he did become Cable.

Making him an outright villain seems to be off the table, as the attempt to do so was fumbled so badly no one will believe it if they try again.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with those that said Selene. A good writer is gonna have to give her a good motivation though outside of maintaining her beauty and just having people worship her. I love her as a villain but she's never really had a compelling reason for her villainy and that's kept her from being one of the greats bc she tends to be written very superficially. She needs something that would keep her as a recurring threat
    I like the idea that Selene might have beef with the Olympian gods. She's taken the name of a Roman goddess, and I get the impression from her creation of Nova Roma that she isn't welcome in Rome, even after centuries, and yet craves that life she had there, which makes me think that the gods might have had some role in her not just coming back after the 'heat' died down in a mortal lifetime or two. Seeing Selene and Hercules recap some millenia-old grudge match could be amusing (and Selene, to her great disappointment, be unable to consume the vast life-force of an actual god like Hercules or Thor, since their lives don't end (normally...) and she can't fit that nummy treat into her face-hole).

Sort of give this many-thousand-year-old mutant villain some legitimacy outside of the X-franchise (much as how Apocalypse has ties to the Celestials).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-16-2024 at 12:44 PM.

Living Pharaoh/Living Monolith

Amend this guy’s powers. Give him a better, more modern codename.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Monolith is also not a natural mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just curious but who would you choose since you've pretty much dismissed any suggestion?
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    How is he not? He was a mutant as Living Pharaoh.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    How is he not? He was a mutant as Living Pharaoh.
    My bad. I should have phrased that better. Living Monolith is technically a natural mutant, but a lot of his powers are from Apoc and Sinister splicing Havok's genetics with his.