Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The answer is obvious: Sinister.

He is the villain of the Krakoan era, and with the redemption of Apoc, is truly one of the last remaining villain holdouts. He truly believes in the mutant gene.

I see that people are floating Mystique/Destiny as ideas, but they are too focused on personal gain and don't really have a big picture ideology to create meaningful conflict with. They could care less about the mutant gene; its merely a power to take advantage of for personal gain.

I can't really see Mystique/Destiny having an Asteroid M, complete with goons and followers.
    He is a villain sure ,but he cannot carry a 'brotherhood' ,in a way that Magneto did. Sinister doesn't care about mutantdom IXM/SoS was a classic example of what mutants mean to him. I mean it is possible to reinvent the villain by focusing solely on 'Enigma' as a disembodied presence(like Shadowking) pushing for some way to get corporeal form, but other than the old Sinister is a better species/transhumanism spiel, it's no different than Enigma becoming a god. To me the most interesting thing about Sinister in the Krakoa era came right at the end with the recent reveal of Stasis being behind the Vault project and I actually expressed this idea in an old thread when I thought Sinister prime in life 9 created or accessed the vault and the one who was executed by machines was just a clone(making him and the children a possible menace crossing over from life 9 into life 10). Anyway I just think we need some breather from the Sinister centric storylines.

Exodus has a lot of potential , his worldview and ethos representing a quest for a 'golden age' actually means depending on perspective ,he is not necessarily a villain(although he could make a great one) With an enriched backstory,(Gillen had an opportunity to craft it and failed imo) we could see a more complex character than Eric, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. As for the red colour I actually think it is the only conspicuous mark of his x-gene, but in all other respects at a cursory viewing he is as human as mutants come. His backstory as a warrior for human kings, combined with knowledge of how much has/hasn't changed since then would make for very interesting public addresses.

Maybe I'm the only one here that doesn't think Magneto ever was redeemed. The X-men just started accepting his viewpoint and Magneto stopped attacking so many innocent people. He never made up for it, he just kind of retired.

BUT to go along with the topic of the title...

I wouldn't mind them bringing back Haven from the 90s X-Factor run. The idea that her unborn child was really the Adversary never completely lined-up timeline wise and it wouldn't be hard to bring back a character when reality warpers are involved with their death.

Holocaust could be another good recurring enemy. He wouldn't exactly be a "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" type, but I can see him gathering groups together with the promise that they would burn down humanity (or even the world.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one here that doesn't think Magneto ever was redeemed. The X-men just started accepting his viewpoint and Magneto stopped attacking so many innocent people. He never made up for it, he just kind of retired.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back Haven from the 90s X-Factor run. The idea that her unborn child was really the Adversary never completely lined-up timeline wise and it wouldn't be hard to bring back a character when reality warpers are involved with their death.

Holocaust could be another good recurring enemy. He wouldn't exactly be a "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" type, but I can see him gathering groups together with the promise that they would burn down humanity (or even the world.)
    I somewhat agree with this. It would be interesting if a government sanctioned team were to go after Magneto and other mutant terrorists for their arrests.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-18-2024 at 10:12 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Feilong - The Mutant

Both Feilong/s parents were mutants.

Mystique and Destiny out of spite and revenge should get one of the mutants who can activate the X-Gene to activate his and turn him into a mutant - cancelling his gained cosmic ray powers and giving him a non-human appearance..

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Feilong - The Mutant

Both Feilong/s parents were mutants.

Mystique and Destiny out of spite and revenge should get one of the mutants who can activate the X-Gene to activate his and turn him into a mutant - cancelling his gained cosmic ray powers and giving him a non-human appearance..
    YES.
    THIS. a weird sentence to that Feilong monster.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Magneto killed Red Skull. He's redeemed.
    "Cable was right!"

There can only be one answer to this question and his name is..

The
    Terrible
    Toad
    King
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

There are so many “students”. Too many!

Lots of great characters that could fill roles that aren’t as mutant students anymore.

Have a group of them become disenfranchised from “Xavier’s dream” and become “villains”. Not as bad as Nature Girl but as a Brotherhood type.

Flubber, Ernst, Creep, Onyxx, Basilisk for example.

Or Kid Omega be like Eff this and restart his Omega Gang.

Or have 90% of the kids join The Promise since Xavier failed them.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-20-2024 at 10:40 PM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think they need to be mutants with heavy offensive powers.
    Hazard only appeared in five comics but has potential and fits somewhat.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Selene, and the rest of the X-Ternals can be her Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com