Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don't want heroes to be villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No one wants villain Cyclops.
    The word "villain" didn't even register for me from the original post. Villainy in comics doesn't exist in the same way as it used to. And when we liken it to Magneto, Marvel has been a Magneto Apologist for more than 40 years. So when we look for a "Magneto" style "Villain", I think Anti-Hero Extremist. Not villain.

If you're looking for villainy, the only true villain we have left is Sinister. Marvel is even an Apocalypse Apologist at this point. Sinister's the only one, but his mission is WAY WAY too selfish to represent mutantkind at large.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good point. I’d like to see some new villains created myself.
    This. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I mean specifically as the the leading mutant supremacist villain. I agree that he should not have been regressed in the 90s, but there's no denying that he has firmly held that role in the history of the comics. So, who is the most prominent character who fits that role after him? Which character would you like to fit that role after him? Because I feel like that's a segment that's needed.
    Been done about as well as it will ever be done.

What, exactly, would be the case for bringing that tired old song and dance back?

How have none of you said Beast. He is literally that. Sorry Mungho.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    How have none of you said Beast. He is literally that. Sorry Mungho.
    He would need to be around after the dust settled.

I would not bet on that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    He would need to be around after the dust settled.

I would not bet on that happening.
    Since when has death ever stopped the X-Men?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Apocalypse would be the most fitting but for fun I'll go with Fabian Cortez.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Since when has death ever stopped the X-Men?
    "Not Being Around..."?

Not exactly the same as "Death..."

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    I feel like Stryfe has the potential to be a great villain. Then, he should reform the Mutant Liberation Front to be formidable with a roster such as Phantasia, Emplate, Sienna Blaze, Pyro, Avalanche, with some old members like Forearm, Wildside, Reaper, etc.
    He needs to severely recontextualized bc he's never been a compelling vllian and every attempt at using him post-X-Cutioner's Song has fallen flat. Im not sure he really works as. straight up villian and would be interested if they reinvented him as an anti-hero, sort of like Red Hood

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would absolutely love a competent writer to make Selene the next huge villain. Gillenister did her rubbishly this era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would absolutely love a competent writer to make Selene the next huge villain. Gillenister did her rubbishly this era.
    A lot of great suggestions being thrown out and Selene would be one of my top choices. Especially now with the Externals starting to run around over in Unlimited I think she and they can be built up in a big way.

I think there's a lot of potential in mining from all the villains that lived on Krakoa. They tried the peace & unity way and could now have personal vendettas against the X-Men for the collapse of the nation. Someone like Fabian Cortez as mentioned earlier could rise up as a leader of this lot, pushing for mutant supremacy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It needs to be Charles.

If Mags gonna be a saint. We need a new devil. and that Devil... needs to be Charles...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by Gillenister's AiPT interview today...I don't see Charles being a Big Bad. While he (Prisoner X, perhaps?) may be set aside/set himself aside for "atrocities" committed in the name of Krakoa...he's distinctly not full on Villain material. Even when he was Onslaught his journey to that point was, if not excusable...understandable. So to me, he always came across as a sympathetic player much like Maggie but to a lesser degree.

Definitely Fabian Cortez. I would also add S**tbagian Shaw. I could see him, Selene, Fabian and Mystique forming a new Brotherhood of Evil. The Externals would be great addition to the rogues gallery as well.
    Ultimately though...I would love for new, really bad Villains to be created.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-15-2024 at 11:26 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by Gillenister's AiPT interview today...I don't see Charles being a Big Bad. While he (Prisoner X, perhaps?) may be set aside/set himself aside for "atrocities" committed in the name of Krakoa...he's distinctly not full on Villain material. Even when he was Onslaught his journey to that point was, if not excusable...understandable. So to me, he always came across as a sympathetic player much like Maggie but to a lesser degree.

Definitely Fabian Cortez. I would also add S**tbagian Shaw. I could see him, Selene, Fabian and Mystique forming a new Brotherhood of Evil. The Externals would be great addition to the rogues gallery as well.
    Ultimately though...I would love for new, really bad Villains to be created.
    Apoccy - Mystique and Exodus got the Mag´s threatment.

they cant be full evil mustache villians anymore.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Exodus has been useless since Jubilee kicked his ass.
    "Cable was right!"