Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Time for the Red Skull’s latent X-gene to activate. Much more compelling story opportunities than Ms Marvel discovering she’s a mutant. And zero chance for a redemption arc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I actually really think this could be a great era for Cyclops. He's been portrayed that way in the canon media for so long, and they've done everything possible to neuter him in the last decade. He was closing in on it during AvX / Phoenix Five. I'd love to see it explored. The first X-Man, usually regarded as the X-Men's greatest (field) leader...
    Well, the problem there was that, of course, Cyclops was right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    My bad. I should have phrased that better. Living Monolith is technically a natural mutant, but a lot of his powers are from Apoc and Sinister splicing Havok's genetics with his.
    Which makes him very easy to upgrade in any way you want, actually. It could easily be retconned that Apocalypse and Sinister synced him to Alex Summers as a way to NERF him actually, and if he managed to get resurrected off the page this era in his natural form without the later made alterations 'limiting him' - you could reintroduce him as a brand new player, effectively, but still with all his history, established enemies, etc, but any angle you want for his 'new'/old powers.

Textually, Magneto’s replacement as the mutant supremacist was Mystique. Claremont put her in control of the Brotherhood, except now they were cast more in the mould of contemporary terrorist/freedom fighter outfits like a the Weather Underground, Hezbollah, ETA or Baader Meinhof, while Magnus himself sass remodelled as a former terrorist who laid down arms to find a more peaceful alternative.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion. He was compared to Magneto in his early days, and characters all speculated that he would go too far and become a villain. He's also completely right about everything.
    Julian is absolutely ripe for being at least an antagonist of sorts.

He started out as having a "We're better than you!" attitude and, whilst they may been tempered somewhat after M-Day and the Purifier attack on the school, he's been through the mill. "Abandoned" by Emma and Laura, rejected by Magneto, losing his hands, warning everyone about Karima then saving everyone and still getting reamed by Rogue for it afterwards... if you put all of that into a headstrong teen male body, you have a gift-wrapped "Screw your way, this is my way!" character.

It's almost criminal that nothing's been done with him in years!

Incredible Member

Probably Sauron since he is a race supremacist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Sauron is interesting in that he's basically the X-franchise version of the Lizard, a dude who turns into a monstrous alter-ego that has different goals. Imagine if he incorporates a bit more of the scientist/physician's mentality and starts creating more dino-man/mutant hybrids, perhaps altering the various Savage Land mutates into hybrid-dino-flunkies? It'd be interesting to have the big threat of the week be neither a mutant nor a mutant-hater.

Alternately, some use of the actual 'mutant dinosaur' that bit Karl Lykos and turned him into Sauron initially could be neat. How the hell did a pterodactyl get an X-gene? Did the Celestials screw up when giving the X-gene to humans, and get a few animals / critters as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Which makes him very easy to upgrade in any way you want, actually. It could easily be retconned that Apocalypse and Sinister synced him to Alex Summers as a way to NERF him actually, and if he managed to get resurrected off the page this era in his natural form without the later made alterations 'limiting him' - you could reintroduce him as a brand new player, effectively, but still with all his history, established enemies, etc, but any angle you want for his 'new'/old powers.
    Living Pharoah sounds neat particularly in the post-Krakoan age because he's an Egyptologist in a world that has people who've explicitly lived in ancient Egypt running around. You'd think he'd be super-interested in talking to some of them, or even studying Arakki/Amenthi culture to see what an some heavily altered Egyptian seed ideas / cultural traditions / etc. have evolved into in another universe over thousands of years.

Plus his powers have indeed been modified, by an infusion of mutant genes from Havok, so it would make sense that he'd lose these changes and his abilities could change. Thanks to his ability to telepathically influence crowds of people, he's got a lot more potential than 'guy that can shoot zaps and tank Thor in Monolith form.'

I like how this thread is offering a bunch of options other than the inevitable same names like Exodus, Sinister and Apocalypse.

There's a lot of potential 'big villains' out there, currently seen at lower tiers, that could step up. I'd like to see someone like Phantazia step up, for instance. She's got a lot of power, and seemed pretty influential and effective, and there's definitely room for some lady X-villains to step up, not just leave it always to fall to Selene, Cassandra Nova and Madelyne to carry that torch. (Just not Zaladane. Ugh.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-17-2024 at 04:00 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dinosaur isn't a race, bruv.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Time for the Red Skull’s latent X-gene to activate. Much more compelling story opportunities than Ms Marvel discovering she’s a mutant. And zero chance for a redemption arc.
    U know...

That´s actualy a neat idea.

A real supremacist facist piece of ...... as the new "Magneto" - a Mutant Red Skull give me chills.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Exodus was disqualified cuz he's red so Red Skull's out of the race too.

plus he's Red Skull.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

plus he's Red Skull.
    lol.

Selene or "Present Beast" and done.

Remember that time Rachel turned herself into Dino-Rachel? I don't want to endure that again through Sauron...

https://youtube.com/shorts/cHYFhE6H4...uFX2iTfz8z6Ai0
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 01-17-2024 at 10:36 AM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Remember that time Rachel turner herself into Dino-Rachel? I don't want to endure that again through Sauron...

https://youtube.com/shorts/cHYFhE6H4...uFX2iTfz8z6Ai0

Venomized but with dinosaurs courtesy Sauron. Sauronized!

Red Skull reveals he is a mutant supremacist; pulling strings from behind the scenes for decades. Make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just curious but who would you choose since you've pretty much dismissed any suggestion?
    I wouldn't day I dismissed Exodus and Monolith. Those interest me. Though I would make Monolith look more human. He did start off that way. I think Joseph and Stryfe are decent picks too. Perhaps Black Tom. Shaw too. Could take little-used characters from the Acolytes. I don't know. I think they need to be mutants with heavy offensive powers. You could also hire Claremont or Simonson to create a new villain that fits the specs. Because none of the current writers have what it takes. But I think it's more important right now to dump all of the recent trash canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wasn't really disqualifying anyone. I just think a villain who looks more human is a better fit to take Magneto's place.

And I don't like the idea of Red Skull because that's a pretty massive retcon that rewrites eighty years of comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!