Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Unlimited #122 - Fall of X #2 - Review/Spoilers

I noticed the title page of the previous issue showed "Fall_of_X01" and this one "Fall_of_X02" so that's what we'll call the story.

We pick up right where the previous issue left off as Crule picks up a handful of soil and notes that it is dry. He was hoping for more than a battlefield left fallow. We basically get an awesome looking, trash-talking filled fight between the Proudstar men and Crule. It's brutal and relentless as no one holds back. The brothers take turns delivering hits but Crule is a powerful External so it's a great fight. John is pissed that Crule is working with Orchis but Crule says, "Orchis. Krakoa. Humans. Mutants. I care not for such words. You are udu - you are sheep. And I am not even the wolf... I am the slaughter."

Dani is working to take down the remaining Orchis soldiers while the brothers fight Crule but she gets bad news from grandma Lozen.

As the brutal fight continues Crule digs his claw into Jimmy's shin knocking him off his feet. John tackles Krule into the camp's small gas station and wraps his braid around his neck. Crule viciously bites John's face then says how he was reborn on the battlefield and ever since it is the only place he's felt at home. He lusts for new heights of fire and blood. He slams his fist into the ground and the gas station is no more.

Jimmy yells for his brother and Dani tells him to lean on her as his leg is all messed up. She says Crule wanted to distract them, keep them busy long enough for his partner to step in and take Camp Gozhoo's mutants. "A butcher. A precog. If they're not with Orchis then we've got new, dangerous players on the field."

We get an awesome panel as John's shadowy figure begins to emerge from the fire.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

X-Corps! Some of you called it after the Sunspot story.

The Steve's, Nick Roche, and Yen Nitro are doing a great job with this story. The action was dynamic and Crule was a great choice to go up against the brothers. So who do we think is this mystery person, this precog, that got away with abducting the mutants in the camp?

I'm really curious about the Precog... Was there one amongst the Externals ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm really curious about the Precog... Was there one amongst the Externals ?
    Yes, Burke. But last time he appeared, in Cable's solo, he was killed by Gideon and reborn as a newborn kid. So, unless it is ignored or he can age quickly it is unlikely to be him. Maybe it is Gideon, he can copy powers, so maybe he copied Burke's precognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Yes, Burke. But last time he appeared, in Cable's solo, he was killed by Gideon and reborn as a newborn kid. So, unless it is ignored or he can age quickly it is unlikely to be him. Maybe it is Gideon, he can copy powers, so maybe he copied Burke's precognition.
    Thanks for confirming! Interesting since he indeed wasn't part of the group in Excalibur when the External Gate was made.

The Externals are formidable foes so I'm glad they're being used for this story.

Im just confused why the Externals would work with ORCHIS. In my mind the Externals are so above it all they would never even work with humans. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Thanks for the infos ! Let's see where it leads !

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im just confused why the Externals would work with ORCHIS. In my mind the Externals are so above it all they would never even work with humans. What am I missing?
    I am not sure he does, as Crule says, "Orchis. Krakoa. Humans. Mutants. I care not for such words. You are udu - you are sheep. And I am not even the wolf... I am the slaughter."
    But perhaps I missed the part where he confirmed working for Orchis.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with Selene because she's been working with Orchis. Perhaps her resurrecting the sacrificed gate Externals has them at her command currently. So they may be following her orders which indirectly are Orchis' orders.

oh thats right. It was there the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am not sure he does, as Crule says, "Orchis. Krakoa. Humans. Mutants. I care not for such words. You are udu - you are sheep. And I am not even the wolf... I am the slaughter."
    But perhaps I missed the part where he confirmed working for Orchis.
    If you missed, so did I. I think there's a new player on the board.

Very nice to see that X-Corps reference. I hope it means this is part of Sunspot's plan. I'm interested in seeing what his relationship with Moonstar is like now that he's doing so much wheeling and dealing.

Mighty Member

Gorgon? He wore a blindfold, but wasn’t he a pacifist once he was reborn after dying in Otherworld?

The other person coming to mind is Caliban which would be something since he used to be in X-force.

Thanks for another great recap since I don’t get unlimited!

X-Corps Unlimited? It looks like I might have been right about Sunspot leading a new version of X-Corps.

Woo! That was really good.
    Can't wait for X-Corps.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Gorgon? He wore a blindfold, but wasn’t he a pacifist once he was reborn after dying in Otherworld?

The other person coming to mind is Caliban which would be something since he used to be in X-force.

Thanks for another great recap since I don’t get unlimited!
    For some reason Caliban was my first thought. Luca, blindfolds brother also came to mind.