Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Love the use of Crule here as the villain taking on the Proudstar brothers. He and Jimmy have history going back to the old Nicieza-Capullo X-Force days. Intrigued by the idea of another X-Corps series. Hopefully this one with a more interesting cast so it will sell better than the last one, as I’ve always thought it was interesting as a concept. Maybe throw in Logan as its new CEO to boost sales.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Love the use of Crule here as the villain taking on the Proudstar brothers. He and Jimmy have history going back to the old Nicieza-Capullo X-Force days. Intrigued by the idea of another X-Corps series. Hopefully this one with a more interesting cast so it will sell better than the last one, as I’ve always thought it was interesting as a concept. Maybe throw in Logan as its new CEO to boost sales.
    Do you think it is corporate X-Corps? Considering the state of mutant affairs one I think that is more akin to Banshee's or the mutant rescue one after Banshee.

I agree. Assuming Sunspot's involved and given some of his comments, I don't think this is going to be business related, although that may be how Beto funds it.

Yes, this is almost certainly a mutant aid organisation, not a corporate one.

Ah. Gotcha. I saw Sunspot’s involvement and assumed corporate X-Corp. Not the old Morrison era mutant relief organization X-Corps. Thanks.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I hope this is a sign that theyll have an X-Corps book in the new era. And maybe make it a rotating team for each location. That would be cool.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope this is a sign that theyll have an X-Corps book in the new era. And maybe make it a rotating team for each location. That would be cool.
    Second that!

Hope they get an India X-Corps story to see what Neal Shaara thinks of his formed (replaced) girlfriend Karima.
    Or a story including Magma, she, being the most neglected former New Mutant needs some serious focus.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Yes, yes, yes, this is what I wanted ever since they brought Thunderbird back. Just a mean, badass, nosense warrior that will fight you to his last breath. He is Wolverine without the years inbetween that made him more amigable. I love his combo with his brother taking turns fighting Crule. It is amazing that the more intriguing/interesting title for me is Unlimited, but the Steve's are killing it right now. A new X-Corps title with the Proudstars, Dani, some others and led by Sunspot would be a dream come true, but alas, I really don't think it will come to pass with Breevort, who I think will want more traditional teams and lineups.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-16-2024 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ah. Gotcha. I saw Sunspot’s involvement and assumed corporate X-Corp. Not the old Morrison era mutant relief organization X-Corps. Thanks.
    Stupid quirky English language. I once spent ten minutes in a shop trying to explain the premise of Blast Corps N64 to the staff, and eventually one of them twigged and said “oh, you mean Blast Corpse!”.

Most people would know how to pronounce Marine Corps though, cos you hear it on the TV etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    To be honest, I don’t think anything we’re getting in the Fall era is an indication of what comes next as I don’t expect any of the creatives to continue. Brevoort will probably want a fresh new start. In this particular case, it’s disappointing because X-Corps would be an awesome concept to explore further and the Steves have been doing very solid work with Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To be honest, I don’t think anything we’re getting in the Fall era is an indication of what comes next as I don’t expect any of the creatives to continue. Brevoort will probably want a fresh new start. In this particular case, it’s disappointing because X-Corps would be an awesome concept to explore further and the Steves have been doing very solid work with Unlimited.
    Completely agree. As much as I would like an X-Corps title with this creative team and cast, I know is not gonna happen. The Steve's are pretty much closing the Krakoa era in Unlimited, plus is fairly obvious that Brevoort will want to bring his own creative teams and concept, and it will probably be more traditional fare to match the cartoon and eventual movies.

Amazing Member

What does 'Udu' mean that Crule keeps saying?

Quote Originally Posted by IamGroot View Post
    What does 'Udu' mean that Crule keeps saying?
    "Sheep" I believe. He defined it at some point in the issue, calling them udu, and himself a wolf. It's Sumerian, evidently.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-19-2024 at 01:21 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "Sheep" I believe. He defined it at some point in the issue, calling them udu, and himself a wolf. It's Sumerian, evidently.
    Yup. It is actually the Sumerian word for sheep.