Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    random, and not justified by anything beyond the fact that I like them:

Blue Marvel
    Dr. Voodoo
    Luke Cage
    Photon (two exes on the same team- yeah, I'm here for it!!!)
    Cloak & Dagger
    Blade
    Valkyrie (Runa)
    That sounds too much like a team would get along! lol
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A few years after Civil War a lot of the classic Defenders were unavailable in their classic forms. Stephen Strange wasn't the sorcerer supreme anymore, Bruce Banner wasn't able to become the Hulk and Silver Surfer was once again the herald of Galactus. But they all had solid options for replacements, so i imagined a pretty fun Defenders line-up during that era.

Skaar: The Hulk's son with his lover Caiera from Sakaar. Basically a Hulk-style barbarian teen from space.
    Firelord: My personal favourite of Galactus heralds, and one of the more heroic ones.
    Doctor Voodoo: Strange's replacement as the sorcerer supreme with his own style and flair of magic.
    Namor: Grabbing one of the old-school members here and I love the idea of seeing Namor butt heads with his new teammates.
    Dani Moonstar: During this time Dani had regained her Valkyrie powers to deal with the Dark Avengers. That's the version I'm thinking of as the Valkyrie for this team.

That's the team. Lots of hard headed and powerful people that would barely function as a team. But if they get their act together they're damn dangerous. Like a different take on the classic Defenders team.
    I dig this... not sure if this was intentional or not, but your team also has a bit of an Invaders vibe to it as well

here's another variation I thought of...

DOC VOODOO
    HULK (Amadeus Cho)
    NAMORITA
    NOVA (Richard Rider) Rich might not be a herald, but he shares a code name with one and his power levels are high enough to justify him here. he's also been on teams with the Surfer. the former couple working together again adds a nice tension to things

VALKYRIE (Jane Foster w/ the Undrjarn vambrace) I liked this "super-hero" interpretation of Jane best out of her various guises so here she is
    MOON KNIGHT filling the Nighthawk slot, their silhouettes are similar enough and he's probably more effective when he's not dealing with mental struggles
    TIGRA tagging along with MK to help keep him in check, Grant takes care of the Hellcat slot
    GHOST RIDER (Robbie Reyes) gotta have someone with the Hellfire connection. maybe he and Amadeus could bond over their mutual "legacy" status
    NOCTURNE (Talia Wagner) initially thought of her pops, Kurt, for the Gargoyle slot - demonic looking dude with religious beliefs - then I remembered Talia. as Kurt's daughter she still hits the general theme, and with Scarlet Witch being her mom, she gets some mystic skills out of the deal as well. she might be from another universe, but that's hardly the weirdest of "alt-reality" shenanigans the titular team has dealt with lol
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-19-2024 at 01:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I dig this... not sure if this was intentional or not, but your team also has a bit of an Invaders vibe to it as well
    I'm not really the Invaders and their members so that wasn't intended on my end. But cool if it gives that vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    here's another variation I thought of...

DOC VOODOO
    HULK (Amadeus Cho)
    NAMORITA
    NOVA (Richard Rider) Rich might not be a herald, but he shares a code name with one and his power levels are high enough to justify him here. he's also been on teams with the Surfer. the former couple working together again adds a nice tension to things

VALKYRIE (Jane Foster w/ the Undrjarn vambrace) I liked this "super-hero" interpretation of Jane best out of her various guises so here she is
    MOON KNIGHT filling the Nighthawk slot, their silhouettes are similar enough and he's probably more effective when he's not dealing with mental struggles
    TIGRA tagging along with MK to help keep him in check, Grant takes care of the Hellcat slot
    GHOST RIDER (Robbie Reyes) gotta have someone with the Hellfire connection. maybe he and Amadeus could bond over their mutual "legacy" status
    NOCTURNE (Talia Wagner) initially thought of her pops, Kurt, for the Gargoyle slot - demonic looking dude with religious beliefs - then I remembered Talia. as Kurt's daughter she still hits the general theme, and with Scarlet Witch being her mom, she gets some mystic skills out of the deal as well. she might be from another universe, but that's hardly the weirdest of "alt-reality" shenanigans the titular team has dealt with lol
    That's fun line-up as well. I like the alternate modern update of the Defenders team.

Astonishing Member

A few years after Civil War a lot of the classic Defenders were unavailable in their classic forms. Stephen Strange wasn't the sorcerer supreme anymore, Bruce Banner wasn't able to become the Hulk and Silver Surfer was once again the herald of Galactus. But they all had solid options for replacements, so i imagined a pretty fun Defenders line-up during that era.
    I don't think a new Defenders should just be based on archetypes. One, maybe two could work. But one original members with the rest of the team being news would lose a lot of original team's dynamic. I don't see Firelord working unless the stories become more cosmic. Again, he could work as a non-member for a story arc and then go his own way.

I do like the idea of Wonder Man and Moon Knight as members -- since they had roles in David Kraft's stories (Simon's was really just as a guest star for a single story).
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-19-2024 at 07:50 AM.

Incredible Member

The Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit: Cunning, manipulative and sometimes even cruel. Which helps make up for not being as physically strong as his green skinned alter-ego.

Ms. Marvel- Kamala Khan. Optimistic teenager. A mutant/Inhuman hybrid with "embiggen" powers. Ms. Marvel’s primary super human ability is the power to shape shift. She can transform her body, or parts of it, to aid her exploits. Kamala usually uses this power to elongate her limbs or enlarge her fists.; possesses healing factor and can recover from serious injuries when she reverts back to her original self.

Mockingbird: Barbara "Bobbi" Morse: Superhuman strength and agility Accelerated healing factor Halted aging Expert markswoman and master of various other weapons, especially two trademark battle staves Proficient in armed hand to hand combat, espionage, gymnastics and martial arts.

Firestar: Angelica Jones. Firestar is an Alpha-level mutant. Microwave Energy Generation: ability to tap into Earth's electromagnetic field and convert it into microwave radiation emissions, which she can utilize in different ways.

Night Thrasher: Dwayne Michael Taylor. Skilled acrobat and aerialist
    Skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
    Skilled inventor and computer hacker
    Expert detective

The last two, of course, know each other from their time with the New Warriors.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

I'm not really the Invaders and their members so that wasn't intended on my end. But cool if it gives that vibe.

That's fun line-up as well. I like the alternate modern update of the Defenders team.
    thanks! I've always wondered why MK and Tiger didn't end up with the Defenders already age some point, considering they deal with a lot of the same types of threats. same with Nova really

The Defenders of Doom…:

DR. DOOM
    Doom only calls this secreter than the Illuminati team together when he needs someone to watch his back as he executes one of his perfectly laid plans and saves the world without anyone being the wiser.

NAMOR
    The two Monarchs have a long history of joining forces out of mutual respect and to better achieve their own goals. That’s way better than just friendship.

VALERIA RICHARDS
    Doom’s superhumanly intelligent adopted niece has kept her involvement w. the team from her entire family. This pleases Doom.

LUKE CAGE
    Anyone who can forcibly collect $200 from Doom for services rendered has earned the Monarch’s respect.

Wonderman (Hulk)
    Satanna (Dr Strange)
    Namorita (Namor)
    Air Walker (Silver Surfer)
    Black Knight (Valkyrie)
    Moondragon (Clea)
    Night Thrasher (Nighthawk)

A space based Defenders team…:

THE STRANGER (Dr. Strange)
    If the notoriously antisocial cosmic mystery man’s putting a team together, the stakes have got to be pretty high.

GLADIATOR (Namor)
    The Shi’ar Empire’s personal super-man may be a pompous windbag, but he’s a POWERFUL pompous windbag.

XEMNU THE TITAN (The Hulk)
    The original Hulk can make for a mighty, if volatile, ally.

CAPTAIN UNIVERSE (Silver Surfer)
    The latest host of the Enigma Force doesn’t want to be a part of The Stranger’s team, he just knows he has to.

ANGELA (Valkyrie)
    The mighty Asgardian warrior is surprisingly at home on space adventures.

DARKHAWK (Nighthawk)
    Say what you will about this guy, but he always gives a hundred percent.

HEPZIBAH (Hellcat)
    There’s no way the pistol packing pirate was going to involve the rest of The Starjammers in this sketchy scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The Defenders of Doom…:

DR. DOOM
    Doom only calls this secreter than the Illuminati team together when he needs someone to watch his back as he executes one of his perfectly laid plans and saves the world without anyone being the wiser.

NAMOR
    The two Monarchs have a long history of joining forces out of mutual respect and to better achieve their own goals. That’s way better than just friendship.

VALERIA RICHARDS
    Doom’s superhumanly intelligent adopted niece has kept her involvement w. the team from her entire family. This pleases Doom.

LUKE CAGE
    Anyone who can forcibly collect $200 from Doom for services rendered has earned the Monarch’s respect.
    this is both cute and clever. Val is a super fun character

Since I just listed some random characters I'd like to see together versus direct correlations of the seven classic Defenders characters, figured I'd put together a team directly swapping out those seven for appropriate replacements. With that in mind...

Doctor Voodoo (Doctor Strange) - When you need to replace the Sorcerer Supreme, why not do so with a former Sorcerer Supreme? This is Jericho Drumm's non-team to lead. Thought about Talisman but didn't want to front-load with Alpha Flight members since...

Sasquatch (The Hulk) - Walter Langowski is too good of a character, both in terms of personality and visually, to restrict him to Alpha Flight reboots or cannon fodder for other characters' storylines. Here he takes the role of gentle monster type.

Triton (Namor) - Rather than bring in one of Namor's relatives, I opted for the aquatic Inhuman. Triton and his family have been out of the spotlight for quite a while and this is an opportunity to bring at least him back to the mainstream.

Binary (Silver Surfer) - The new cosmic entity taking on Carol Danvers's previous persona, Binary possesses the same kind of outsider perspective on humanity as the Surfer does, albeit in a different way. Yeah, she's "deceased" right now, but welcome to comics.

Thundra (Valkyrie) - Fierce and powerful warrior woman from another time/place. Aside from a place in any kind of Earth-based mythology, she checks most of the boxes.

Hornet (Nighthawk) - With Nighthawk being one of the more "traditional" superheroes on the team, I wanted someone who fell into that role as well. Enter the former Prowler, who was also part of the "Defenders for a Day" storyline back in the day.

White Tiger (Hellcat) - Marvel has no shortage of cat-based characters, so after ruling out Tigra and even Puma due to already having an orange-furred team member, I opted for White Tiger. Probably put Angela del Toro in the role, versus Ava Ayala.

Dr strange
    Hulk
    Nighthawk
    Death's head for trouble
    Hellcat
    Smasher from avengers
    Rotating 7th member.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A few short years from now, a bloody cataclysm caused by the mysterious Enigma sends the Earth on a death spiral into the gaping maw of oblivion.

Kenuichio "Old Man" Harada, both feared and reviled as the ignominious Silver Samurai, is one of only a handful of people to survive the initial death wave. But a second is coming and time is running out; they are down to mere hours, not days.

Determined to avert the universe's horrific fate, Harada and his allies -- a Zero construct, Project Pegasus Chief Scientist Adrienne Brashear, Kyle Richmond, the Aquarian, Taboo the Mystic, and the Australian mutant named Gateway -- re-engineer Harada's teleportation ring, permitting him to warp back in time.

The cross-time gambit would be a potentially lethal undertaking with slim odds of Harada arriving at the correct locus, even with both Zero and Gateway navigating the timestream. But the fate of all reality depends on them, so off they go, slimmest of odds or not.

After what felt like an eternity of the most excruciating agony, Harada did indeed arrive on the right Earth at the right time. But bloodied and broken as he was, his body charred beyond recognition, Harada lapsed into a coma. At least, that's his limited recollection of events. That was a little over 14 years ago. Harada now has just 3 months to locate and train the special individuals whose combined prowess might help save the Earth.

These are the brave Defenders that Old Man Harada, the once and future Silver Samurai, chose:

The Timeless New Defenders

Mentor
    Old Man Harada, The Silver Samurai

Main Team

Patriot (Eli Bradly) - Looks around the room and wonders how he fits as the only non-powered Defender. But that changes when Harada shares with him Aquarian's energy dampening gift. "There are shields and then there are SHIELDS. But you must first look deep inside to find the Nth power!"

Kid Gladiator - Sent to Earth by his father in an ongoing attempt to develop his warrior scholar skills and make a great leader out of him. Could Old Man Harada be the right man to teach him?

Bloodtide - Young by Atlantean standards, but nevertheless one of "Namor's Own" and a highly-lauded soldier in the Atlantean Special Forces. Her hydrokinesis and ability to convert all substances, even particles of light or sound waves, into liquid borders on the mystical. "You have forgotten the raw power of the ocean. Here, allow me to remind you."

Starbrand (Val Sohn) - Accompanied Kid Gladiator as part of the joint interstellar training delegation. Stayed for the good fight...and because Gosamyr makes the best java.

Geiger - She is to the gamma-irradiated community what Mimic is to the X-men. They are all her powers now and she was born to rock!

Gargoyle - "I never realized all of this time that when I kneeled each night in prayer, I was only empowering the dreaded Enigma. And every time I used the powers that It granted me, I was only fueling it more. Dear God, what have I done??? A gargoyle is meant to scare away demons, not summon them! I have betrayed us all."

Gosamyr - Ultrapowerful empath who finally realized that a moral calling could supersede biological and cultural imperatives. Started out as a team destroyer, but later became the glue that holds the group together.

Supernova (Estrella Lopez) - Because every team should have at least one person whose powers aren't exactly what they think they are. She's supposed to be a miniature sun, but could she be nothing more than the spying eyes of the Enigma? Let's hope she figures it out soon!

Siryn/Morrigan - As Old Man Harada plunged back in time, his death howl was so great that it could be heard by psychic sensitives and death gods across all timelines! A young Theresa Cassidy of an adjacent timeline, in her role as the Morrigan, heard Harada's distress and used her godlike supernatural powers to cross the barrier to mainstream Earth where Harada's crumpled form rested. The Morrigan quickly cradled Harada's soul as it fell from the Limb of Eternity, thus saving his life. But the exertion left her weakened and she could not heal his bodily wounds completely. Siryn instead placed Harada in a healing coma and transported him to a local medical facility. Hers was the first face that Old Man Harada saw when he came to 15 years later; she still looked like she was only 17 and hadn't aged a bit. Siryn, the Morrigan of another Earth, was Old Man Harada's first Defenders recruit.

Topaz – Her parentage to this day remains a mystery. We will soon find out why. (Besides, you can never have enough powerful mystics on a Defenders team.)

GatewayMr. Here and There and Back again!

NighthawkTechnologist and financier. And maybe the only good man you need in a fight to save everything.

ZeroFuture AI repurposed by Richmond Industries to serve all mankind.
    Attached Images Attached Images