Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    These guys would end up jokingly refering to themselves as "The B Team" lol

BLUE MARVEL leader, who spends as much time "moderating" the team as he does finding missions for them

BLACK BOLT the powerful monarch who would rather be at home with his queen and subjects, here begrudgingly out of respect for Brashear

BEN GRIMM another heavy hitter who would also prefer to be with his family, but likewise respects Brashear too much to turn him down

BROTHER VOODOO sorcerer with his own priorities, again taking time out his busy life to participate here out of respect for Brashear

BEAST constantly pre-occupied with his own experiments and his duties as a member of the Mutant community, Hank is once again here reluctantly, unable to say no to one of the most highly respected heroes around

they wouldn't necessarily be at odds with each other by default, but all of them being vocal about their other priorities should still cause plenty of that "non-team" style tension. Black Bolt in particular would likely get pretty tired of Ben constantly joking that he needs to "speak up more often", as an example of the team starting to butt heads over time
    Damn, what a solid cast of characters. Different backgrounds, agendas, personalities, mix of powers…I give it an A+!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Damn, what a solid cast of characters. Different backgrounds, agendas, personalities, mix of powers…I give it an A+!
    thanks! I thought this group would fit the general non-team vibe of the OGs without copying anyone directly... these guys still cover the "archetypes" of the OG team in their own way, but the personalities are always going to differ and that's where the biggest changes would be, I expect

plus, I guess Adam is actually considered the leader of the team as of Al Ewing's recent runs on the title, so I'm even in current continuity with it lol

thanks! I thought this group would fit the general non-team vibe of the OGs without copying anyone directly... these guys still cover the "archetypes" of the OG team in their own way, but the personalities are always going to differ and that's where the biggest changes would be, I expect

plus, I guess Adam is actually considered the leader of the team as of Al Ewing's recent runs on the title, so I'm even in current continuity with it lol
    ^^^Oh damn, I’d forgotten all about Adam’s Defenders status. Great call!

THE SAVAGE DEFENDERS
    Black Panther grudgingly puts the team together, to confront a threat to Wakanda and the Savage Land centered around their vibranium. While Ka-Zar and Bloodstone share similar hairstyles, the jungle King and the immortal great white hunter are pretty much polar opposites and do NOT get along. It’s says a lot when Devil Dinosaur is the most chill member of the team.

PATRIOT
    Just as Steve Rogers is synonymous w. The Avengers, over the next 15 years or so, Eli Bradley becomes this w. The Defenders, assuming leadership and turning them into a more street level team that spends as much time helping the ppl around them as they do fighting supervillains. This is the latest iteration, based out of what used to be the old Gem Theater on 42nd Street near Times Square.

RAGE
    Elvin Haliday’s age has finally caught up to his humongous body. Despite his codename he fights smarter now, keeping property damage down, and spends off time involved in various charities and community outreach projects.

KATIE & JACK POWER
    While their older siblings have gone on to great success as heroes on higher profile teams and as scientists working w. Reed Richards’ Future Foundation, Katie and Jack have gone a different route, working to make the world a better place on smaller but no less important scale.

DANI CAGE
    She’s a Defenders legacy, and proud to serve on the team her dad Luke Cage helped define. The team’s youngest member, Dani is smart and quips nearly as much as Spider-man did back in the day. She combines steel hard skin and strength beyond belief w. elite martial arts skills, having been taught since childhood by her uncle Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist.

THE SAVAGE DEFENDERS
    Black Panther grudgingly puts the team together, to confront a threat to Wakanda and the Savage Land centered around their vibranium. While Ka-Zar and Bloodstone share similar hairstyles, the jungle King and the immortal great white hunter are pretty much polar opposites and do NOT get along. It’s says a lot when Devil Dinosaur is the most chill member of the team.
    love it!!!!

PATRIOT
    Just as Steve Rogers is synonymous w. The Avengers, over the next 15 years or so, Eli Bradley becomes this w. The Defenders, assuming leadership and turning them into a more street level team that spends as much time helping the ppl around them as they do fighting supervillains. This is the latest iteration, based out of what used to be the old Gem Theater on 42nd Street near Times Square.

RAGE
    Elvin Haliday’s age has finally caught up to his humongous body. Despite his codename he fights smarter now, keeping property damage down, and spends off time involved in various charities and community outreach projects.

KATIE & JACK POWER
    While their older siblings have gone on to great success as heroes on higher profile teams and as scientists working w. Reed Richards’ Future Foundation, Katie and Jack have gone a different route, working to make the world a better place on smaller but no less important scale.

DANI CAGE
    She’s a Defenders legacy, and proud to serve on the team her dad Luke Cage helped define. The team’s youngest member, Dani is smart and quips nearly as much as Spider-man did back in the day. She combines steel hard skin and strength beyond belief w. elite martial arts skills, having been taught since childhood by her uncle Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist.
    another good one. keep em rollin!

love it!!!!
    ^^^Thank you!

another good one. keep em rollin!
    ^^^Glad you liked it!

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Witch
    Namor
    Cho Hulk
    Dwayne Taylor
    Valkyrie- Barb
    Her
    Gargoyle
    Black Cat
    Arcangel
    Cloud
    Kyle Richmond around as a benign Maxwell Lord influence. If Max had ever suited up as a good guy anyway
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-02-2024 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Kyle Richmond around as a benign Maxwell Lord influence. If Max had ever suited up as a good guy anyway
    ^^^He (Max) actually did suit up as a superhero once, during the JLI days…!

Incredible Member

Dr. Doom= Dr. Strange
    Attuma= Namor
    Thanos=Hulk
    Annihulus=Silver Surfer

I really don't see any of them getting along! lol
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Dr. Doom= Dr. Strange
    Attuma= Namor
    Thanos=Hulk
    Annihulus=Silver Surfer

or doing much defending, for that matter. defenestrating, maybe. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Dr. Doom= Dr. Strange
    Attuma= Namor
    Thanos=Hulk
    Annihulus=Silver Surfer

The best part of this (for me, anyway) is that where Namor was the lightweight of the original tam, even though he is actually a heavy hitter, Attuma is also the lightweight in your foursome.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

could also try a gender-flip:

MAGIK as the ringleader
    ANGELA a Hevenly warrior for the Atlantean monarch? why not. they're practically polar opposites lol
    PHYLA-VELL (Earth-18897 version) cosmic powerhouse committed to protecting this reality from the fate of her home universe
    XENITH cousin to the Strontian Kal'ark (aka Gladiator), whose strength likewise knows no upper limit
    BETA RAY BILL Korbinite warrior, wielder of the Twilight Sword
    IRON FIST (Lin Lie) the latest champion of K'un L'un
    NOCTURNE (Talia Wagner, Earth-2182) reality-hopping, demonic-looking mystic mutant; whose "Brimstone Hexes" have recently begun to alter not just probability, but reality itself, in some cases...
    SATANA everyone's favourite succubus, here for her own reasons... suffice to say, she and Angela do NOT get along. at all.
    Last edited by Aarkus; 02-05-2024 at 02:42 AM.