Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    or doing much defending, for that matter. defenestrating, maybe. lol
    Figure they could be defending their own goals or maybe their own territory. Maybe even from one another!
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Figure they could be defending their own goals or maybe their own territory. Maybe even from one another!
    ^^^While I agree w. Aarkus, I do like your idea of a villainous Defenders team. Being dysfunctional is a huge part of the team’s M.O. and this team would be that in spades!

Astonishing Member

Doc Strange
    Sif
    Crystal and Ronan The Accuser
    Beast
    Iceman
    Namorita
    Doc Samson
    Dina Soar
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-11-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

could also try a gender-flip:

MAGIK as the ringleader
    ANGELA a Hevenly warrior for the Atlantean monarch? why not. they're practically polar opposites lol
    PHYLA-VELL (Earth-18897 version) cosmic powerhouse committed to protecting this reality from the fate of her home universe
    XENITH cousin to the Strontian Kal'ark (aka Gladiator), whose strength likewise knows no upper limit
    BETA RAY BILL Korbinite warrior, wielder of the Twilight Sword
    IRON FIST (Lin Lie) the latest champion of K'un L'un
    NOCTURNE (Talia Wagner, Earth-2182) reality-hopping, demonic-looking mystic mutant; whose "Brimstone Hexes" have recently begun to alter not just probability, but reality itself, in some cases...
    SATANA everyone's favourite succubus, here for her own reasons... suffice to say, she and Angela do NOT get along. at all.
    Interesting that you say Angela and Satana won't get along. When the two of them last met, they got along VERY well with a whole lot of kissing!

QUESTION:
    What do you get when you put together three C-listers, an ex-Avenger, a talking duck, his gorgeous girlfriend, and a misunderstood muck monster?

ANSWER:
    The Key West Defenders.

After a particularly heinous adventure, Doc Strange and the rest of the Defenders big guns take off, leaving only Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Valkyrie as the core members.

The trio decide they need a change of scenery, some new members, and a new mission, and wind up relocating to the Sunshine State (Nighthawk owns several Florida properties they can use as an HQ) and building an odd new team, the main purpose of which is to safeguard the Nexus of All Realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    QUESTION:
    What do you get when you put together three C-listers, an ex-Avenger, a talking duck, his gorgeous girlfriend, and a misunderstood muck monster?

ANSWER:
    The Key West Defenders.

After a particularly heinous adventure, Doc Strange and the rest of the Defenders big guns take off, leaving only Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Valkyrie as the core members.

The trio decide they need a change of scenery, some new members, and a new mission, and wind up relocating to the Sunshine State (Nighthawk owns several Florida properties they can use as an HQ) and building an odd new team, the main purpose of which is to safeguard the Nexus of All Realities.
    That pitch would be fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Interesting that you say Angela and Satana won't get along. When the two of them last met, they got along VERY well with a whole lot of kissing!
    I must have missed that one lol... what do I need to read?

QUESTION:

ANSWER:
    The Key West Defenders.

this sounds like the perfect team to have running into other characters of that era... like Omega the Unknown!

and of course, if they're guarding the Nexus of Realities, you'd almost be obligated to do a Machine Man story with some subtle nods to the recent claims from the other side of the aisle lol

this sounds like the perfect team to have running into other characters of that era... like Omega the Unknown!

and of course, if they're guarding the Nexus of Realities, you'd almost be obligated to do a Machine Man story with some subtle nods to the recent claims from the other side of the aisle lol
    ^^^Omega, definitely! Him and all those other groovy seventies characters. Aquarian, Woodgod, Mindworm…!

Poor Machine Man, he wouldn’t want ppl fighting over him.

^^^Omega, definitely! Him and all those other groovy seventies characters. Aquarian, Woodgod, Mindworm…!.
    Don't forget Will O' The Wisp!

Poor Machine Man, he wouldn’t want ppl fighting over him.
    nah, no fighting, just a wink and nod type thing... like, he's partially stuck in a "previously unseen" section of reality (hinted but not outright confirmed to be the DCU) and the others are just helping him get back. no inter-portal tugs o war or anything lol

In the years that Spider-Man was unofficially/editorially ineligible for the Avengers, I wonder why he never had a stint in the Defenders.

I'd like to see that change.

He's got a decent enough history with Dr. Strange, in particular.

Strange
    Nightcrawler
    Spider-Man
    Valkyrie (Foster)
    Tigra
    Blue Marvel

Astonishing Member

I must have missed that one lol... what do I need to read?
    STRIKEFORCE #2. There is also a fantasy sequence in a later issue that shows them together, but issue #2 is where they meet and the majority of their interaction happens.

Don't forget Will O' The Wisp!
    ^^^Oh that’s a good one, I love it!

nah, no fighting, just a wink and nod type thing... like, he's partially stuck in a "previously unseen" section of reality (hinted but not outright confirmed to be the DCU) and the others are just helping him get back. no inter-portal tugs o war or anything lol
    ^^^This sounds like a job for…Access!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    In the years that Spider-Man was unofficially/editorially ineligible for the Avengers, I wonder why he never had a stint in the Defenders.

I'd like to see that change.

He's got a decent enough history with Dr. Strange, in particular.
    ^^^Thats a great point.
    Spidey and Doc Strange have always had chemistry, and the Defenders non-team agenda fit Spidey’s (pre-Avengers) loosey-goosey friendly neighborhood style.

^^^Oh that’s a good one, I love it!
    Will O' was pretty powerful too, as I recall - had more or less the same abilities as Moonstone, if I remember correctly

^^^This sounds like a job for…Access!
    oh there we go... he could even be somehow "merged" with Aaron, so we can put all this silliness behind us lol