Fantastic Member

Default Would you want a new Superman/Wonder Woman comic?

Like the title says is that something you want?

Personally I would imagine it is for me like it is for most people it would depend on different thing.
    I think now would be a good time with King doing a main book which is doing very well and there is no chance of anything romantic happening.
    What I would be sceptical about is the writer and if they would focus to much on Superman and have to much of a power difference between the two.

Thought it was best to post it here in DC since both Superman and Wonder Woman has different forums.
    Last edited by Skytten; 01-15-2024 at 10:40 AM.

No. I'd rather see either of them team with almost anyone else (other than Batman)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No. I'd rather see either of them team with almost anyone else (other than Batman)
    Me too, but I unfortunately don't think that would sell well.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I rather see a balance of both of their mythos which never happened with the previous volume: Superman and his girlfriend, Wonder Woman. Trash.
    "Cable was right!"

No, the last time they did that it was basically another Superman book with WW as the girlfriend. I don't think they work for a team-up book in general. The characters are just too similar.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Unless it's a continuation of the New 52 universe where they were dating, I don't really see the point. I don't see anyone at DC going for that.
    Assassinate Putin!

No. Even putting aside writers' tendency to reduce her to Superman's girlfriend or merely the diet version of him, they have no chemistry.

They're not the same, but they're similar enough that they don't complement one another. When writers try to force contrast between the two, that's how we get "milquetoast bumpkin Clark" and "angry stab-woman Diana."
    They're not chocolate and peanut butter. They're chocolate and dark chocolate.

In general, I think the greater distance Wonder Woman has from the trinity, the better off she is.

Originally I was hoping for a Jon/Yara led relaunch of that book, but at this point it feels like DC has abandoned both characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The two issues of the Jon/Yara book were pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Originally I was hoping for a Jon/Yara led relaunch of that book, but at this point it feels like DC has abandoned both characters.
    Yeah I thought that would happen or a Trinity book with Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    No. Even putting aside writers' tendency to reduce her to Superman's girlfriend or merely the diet version of him, they have no chemistry.

In general, I think the greater distance Wonder Woman has from the trinity, the better off she is.
    Agreed 100000000%

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Unless it's a continuation of the New 52 universe where they were dating, I don't really see the point. I don't see anyone at DC going for that.
    That N52 romance was so fake and forced, they have no chemistry, she was just a trophy girlfriend

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

They're not the same, but they're similar enough that they don't complement one another. When writers try to force contrast between the two, that's how we get "milquetoast bumpkin Clark" and "angry stab-woman Diana."
    They're not chocolate and peanut butter. They're chocolate and dark chocolate.

I agree in general. My thinking was that if a Superman/Wonder Woman book for example existed then she would at least have her solo book for herself. Take Tom King's current run after 8 issues according to solicits she will have spent two of them with Superman. Superman nor Batman really ever have Wonder Woman in their books playing a big part and they have multiple comics.

Not really as I found Superman/WW a limited option. It was a fun novelty but I rather they explore other options. However having two legacies date is on the table.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2024 at 03:19 PM.