Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Why do you ask? Have you seen something to indicate so? A google search turns up no such announcement or even rumor for me. A couple articles published within the last month mention him as director, such as this one. It does say he’s very busy with other projects, so when he’ll be able to make Swamp Thing isn’t clear.
    I was asking because there's no upcoming Swamp Thing on IMDB even James' IMDB shows nothing while The Brave and the Bold and Superman Legacy and Supergirl do show up in a search.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I was asking because there's no upcoming Swamp Thing on IMDB even James' IMDB shows nothing while The Brave and the Bold and Superman Legacy and Supergirl do show up in a search.
    Can’t verify for sure, but I swear I recall a recent post from Gunn saying it was still part of the plan. Like in a graphic he posted or something.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Francavilla

IMG_2541.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Kyle Hotz Sketch.

KyleHotzSwampThing.jpg

Veitch's run is getting new collected editions. Lets hope that the last one icludes Jesus issue since, if I'm not mistaken, it was completed before higher ups blocked it.

Sketch by Francavilla

IMG_2637.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Kyle Hotz Sketch.

KyleHotzSwampThing.jpg
    This is really great. I love the play on the iconic Sasquatch picture/video.

Supposedly someone from DC is waiting for emails to see if there is enough interest for Jesus issue. I'm not sure how exactly that is supposed to work, but I guess it is worth trying?

https://twitter.com/TheBurnham/statu...87088515760166

Marc Laming

IMG_2662.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Supposedly someone from DC is waiting for emails to see if there is enough interest for Jesus issue. I'm not sure how exactly that is supposed to work, but I guess it is worth trying?

https://twitter.com/TheBurnham/statu...87088515760166
    Wild. I wonder how closely DC will be monitoring and reading the email comments. BC ran with the story as well.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/migh...ng-88-in-2025/

IMG_2663.jpg
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 04-01-2024 at 12:10 PM.

James Gunn's upcoming direction for Superman has sparked excitement, showcasing the creative flair he brought to Guardians of the Galaxy and Peacemaker—exactly what the DC universe needs. His willingness to take unique risks with established characters is refreshing. Similarly, his interpretation of Swamp Thing, rumored to have a horror twist, promises a novel approach to the superhero genre, a path seldom taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
    James Gunn's upcoming direction for Superman has sparked excitement, showcasing the creative flair he brought to Guardians of the Galaxy and Peacemaker—exactly what the DC universe needs. His willingness to take unique risks with established characters is refreshing. Similarly, his interpretation of Swamp Thing, rumored to have a horror twist, promises a novel approach to the superhero genre, a path seldom taken.
    Yeah really looking forward to the movie. Was pleasantly surprised to see Swamp Thing as being part of the initial phase. Very cool.

On another note, saw this explanation of YP’s panel designs and purpose.

IMG_2697.jpg