Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blockbuster by Taylor is pathetic, and Nightwing needed the Titans(and Batgirl) to defeat him. Big hero!
    Nightwing 096-014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He used him well. Made him the major obstacle for Dick's goal of the first year, then definitely put him to rest. Thats probably the best use of Blockbuster ever because Dick and Bludhaven can finally move on from him.
    He didn't feel like an effective or compelling threat though because Taylor kept undercutting him every step and he didn't have the personality or charisma of Seeley's Blockbuster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He didn't even use Blockbuster that well!
    He got rid of him. That was the most important part.

He used him well. Made him the major obstacle for Dick's goal of the first year, then definitely put him to rest. Thats probably the best use of Blockbuster ever because Dick and Bludhaven can finally move on from him.
    Exactly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    He got rid of him. That was the most important part.
    I think execution matters more.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Blockbuster by Taylor is pathetic, and Nightwing needed the Titans(and Batgirl) to defeat him. Big hero!
    He beated Blockbuster by himself. You know we all read this book, right?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I get that, it's just Blockbuster was knocked down a peg practically every issue it didn't really feel like as big an achievement.

I'm speaking generally, the criminal organization. It's not difficult to understand!

I get that, it's just Blockbuster was knocked down a peg practically every issue it didn't really feel like as big an achievement.
    He wasn't supposed to be the big bad anyways. They threw him in the trash in the third arc.

I'm speaking generally, the criminal organization. It's not difficult to understand!
    And?

In the last chronology he didn't do anything against Blockbuster, let Tarantula killed him and then got raped.

Using the help of his fellow heroes to finish the organization as quick as possible is a much better option.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-19-2024 at 01:03 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

He wasn't supposed to be the big bad anyways. They threw him in the trash in the third arc.

And?

In the last chronology he didn't do anything against Blockbuster, let Tarantula killed him and then got raped.

Using the help of his fellow heroes to finish the organization as quick as possible is a much better option.
    A better arc than Taylor, even with the controversy. Devin constructed Dick's spiral of self-destruction well, a dark story with real risk.

Taylor arrived saying that Blockbuster was a big threat, this was never seen by his hands.
    Bludhaven never looked like a bad city on Taylor's run.

A better arc than Taylor, even with the controversy. Devin constructed Dick's spiral of self-destruction well, a dark story with real risk.

Taylor arrived saying that Blockbuster was a big threat, this was never seen by his hands.
    Bludhaven never looked like a bad city on Taylor's run.
    No she didn't, lol. Devin's run was a textbook demonstration in poor construction and the difficulties in navigating main stream comics. It was half baked with no pay off. Constantly interrupted. She haphazardly tore down everything the previous run created so Dick could join the mob. Forgetting Born Again was only 5 issue. Her story got completely lost in the spiral only for her to run out of time. She inadvertently sent the character reeling for a decade. That series never rebounded after that run.

Where Taylor saved this series. Taylor re-established the traditional statuesque of Bludhaven, which included traditional elements like Blockbuster at the top, after the slap in the face that was Ric and its rejection of everything Nightwing. It was clearly seen that Blockbuster had control over the city. I think a lot of you don't remember how Nightwing and Blockbuster encounters actually went over the years. They were very unsatisfying. Nightwing never got that definitive win, his reader never got that satisfaction after years of seeing him struggle against him and his silly goons. And Nightwing was quite frankly worse for it. Taylor had Nightwing re-establish himself in Bludhaven by going through Blockbuster. The other guy Bludhaven was know for. Something we never got to see. Taylor finally gave Nightwing that. You guys can downplay it all you want, as long time Nightwing reader i felt the significance. And now Nightwing and Bludhaven can move on.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-20-2024 at 04:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, I really liked that confrontation with Blockbuster. The fight itself was visceral and when Dick won it felt great.

I'm not a fan of the ongoing presence of Heartless as he feels like a lame edgelord but everything else has been solid.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I would've preferred Seeley Blockbuster than trying to bring back Dixon Blockbuster without doing anything interesting with him and making him feel like an actual intimidating threat.

That scene of him just by complete coincidence catching Melinda as the mole because she tried to save the guy he tortured thinking was the mole was absolutely hilarious.

No she didn't, lol. Devin's run was a textbook demonstration in poor construction and the difficulties in navigating main stream comics. It was half baked with no pay off. Constantly interrupted. She haphazardly tore down everything the previous run created so Dick could join the mob. Forgetting Born Again was only 5 issue. Her story got completely lost in the spiral only for her to run out of time. She inadvertently sent the character reeling for a decade. That series never rebounded after that run.

Where Taylor saved this series. Taylor re-established the traditional statuesque of Bludhaven, which included traditional elements like Blockbuster at the top, after the slap in the face that was Ric and its rejection of everything Nightwing. It was clearly seen that Blockbuster had control over the city. I think a lot of you don't remember how Nightwing and Blockbuster encounters actually went over the years. They were very unsatisfying. Nightwing never got that definitive win, his reader never got that satisfaction after years of seeing him struggle against him and his silly goons. And Nightwing was quite frankly worse for it. Taylor had Nightwing re-establish himself in Bludhaven by going through Blockbuster. The other guy Bludhaven was know for. Something we never got to see. Taylor finally gave Nightwing that. You guys can downplay it all you want, as long time Nightwing reader i felt the significance. And now Nightwing and Bludhaven can move on.
    Need a like button for this. Well said.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Nightwing 096-014.jpg
    Even though DIck did defeat him....if a hero has help in defeating someone...that isnt a bad thing.

Extraordinary Member

I think execution matters more.
    The last time this iteration of Blockbuster was even remotely interesting was when he was an Impulse bad guy. And that's because he was written by Mark Waid.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.