Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The last few issues of X-men have been the Kitty and Kamala show. Those two have been super prominent in the ongoing narrative while Ev has been confined to the sewers. I can definitely see the X-office using this development as a way to sideline Synch. Just say he decided to go away into self imposed exile to mourn Talon and call it a day. Like it has been said, they named him leader but he's done no leading.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The last few issues of X-men have been the Kitty and Kamala show. Those two have been super prominent in the ongoing narrative while Ev has been confined to the sewers. I can definitely see the X-office using this development as a way to sideline Synch. Just say he decided to go away into self imposed exile to mourn Talon and call it a day. Like it has been said, they named him leader but he's done no leading.
    To me, it's more like Duggan's nostalgia and Marvel continuing to push Kamala hard due to her MCU movie. It'll be nice of the High Evolutionary been a two parter. They've been rushing the end of Krakoa era for Tom B.'s X editorial mandatory. Synch will survive the fall of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    To me, it's more like Duggan's nostalgia and Marvel continuing to push Kamala hard due to her MCU movie. It'll be nice of the High Evolutionary been a two parter. They've been rushing the end of Krakoa era for Tom B.'s X editorial mandatory. Synch will survive the fall of Krakoa.
    Ive seen people say they are rushing the end but i dont see how? They've been dragging out Fall of X and the new era aint coming to till the summer (We're still in January with months to go). I cant see them as havign been rushing things when it feels like nothing much has really happened. The overall plot has not progressed a whole lot since the HG and you could have eliminated several of those minis and issues we got to tell a tighter more coherent story. The end of the Krakoa era will have taken a whole year when all is said and done which is far longer than I expected it when the news was initially announced

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive seen people say they are rushing the end but i dont see how? They've been dragging out Fall of X and the new era aint coming to till the summer (We're still in January with months to go). I cant see them as havign been rushing things when it feels like nothing much has really happened. The overall plot has not progressed a whole lot since the HG and you could have eliminated several of those minis and issues we got to tell a tighter more coherent story.
    Half the superhero community are wasting time with a super villain civil war on Wells and Lowe's ASM hubris. Do we need to know everything that's going on in the superhero community? O5 mini had nothing to do with FOTHX/Rise, Dark X-men been set to have Gambit return to rejoin the Extinction Team against Orchis, but that O5 book wasn't worth following consistently. The one mini I'm looking forward to the most is Dead X-men as it strongly ties together with Rise(And the fact that I'm a Jubilee, Cannonball fan). Any book I keep an eye on has Everett in it (Ms. Marvel, Dark X-men, Iron Man) along with COTV. But the pacing right now on the flagship book been obvious to me. I'm curious what's all the fuss about Tom Brevoolt's direction this summer since he complains about the 'lack' of black mutants while looking the other way on Synch's death in Gen X #70 a long time ago(When he was an Avenger Editor).... So Everett is going to make it out of Fall with ease this year, but I'm not completely sold on the new direction this summer yet. What's the hurry man?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive seen people say they are rushing the end but i dont see how? They've been dragging out Fall of X and the new era aint coming to till the summer (We're still in January with months to go). I cant see them as havign been rushing things when it feels like nothing much has really happened. The overall plot has not progressed a whole lot since the HG and you could have eliminated several of those minis and issues we got to tell a tighter more coherent story. The end of the Krakoa era will have taken a whole year when all is said and done which is far longer than I expected it when the news was initially announced
    I would say things felt rushed because of the arbitrary deadlines of having to kick of HOX/POX 2.0 by Jan. Books like Dark X-Men, CotV, and even Red felt like they could have used more issues to reach a satisfying conclusion. Simultaneously you have Duggan waddling through plot threads because he knows he has 3 books to tell his FoX story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I would say things felt rushed because of the arbitrary deadlines of having to kick of HOX/POX 2.0 by Jan. Books like Dark X-Men, CotV, and even Red felt like they could have used more issues to reach a satisfying conclusion. Simultaneously you have Duggan waddling through plot threads because he knows he has 3 books to tell his FoX story.
    I dont know. Im not up to date on Red yet, but that Genesis War felt likt its ben dragging on with where i left off

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I know. After X-men: Red, Al Ewing abruptly ended the Arrako Civil War there. Could have been a draw, but the arc couldn't last a year. Meanwhile, the aftermath with Sunspot was wrote on X-men Unlimited two weeks ago.

As I said before, only the books with Everett in it matters to me. Original X-men is a hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    There's definitely a sense that Ev will either die or be sidelined when all is said and done. I will forever be grateful for the Krakoa era for bringing me back to the X-Books as well as bringing back my favorite character. That said I am not ready to say goodbye to Synch so soon so I hope he makes it out of this era. Truth be told Synch's status post Krakoa will determine if I even bother with the Breevort era.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

If they curb or kill of Ev (again), I’m done with X-Men again. What made me reinvested was seeing one of my fav’s back, but this will be the last straw for this lingering X-fan.

I mean, I loved the idea of Synch coming back, but it didn't quite happen. Hickman sent him off to the Vault and it's been a whole different character since.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

At least Everett's origin and core being haven't been changed to suit a forced narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, I loved the idea of Synch coming back, but it didn't quite happen. Hickman sent him off to the Vault and it's been a whole different character since.
    Yeah, I have to agree. I love the idea of Synch being so prominent and getting to be an X-leader, but he's unrecognizable in this book.

My Ev would have made a b-line straight for Monet upon resurrection...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My Ev would have made a b-line straight for Monet upon resurrection...
    And, abandon Laura after decades of imminency?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-18-2024 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, abandon Laura after decades of imminency?
    I'm talking when he was originally resurrected. Screw the Children of the Vault. Another ridiculous concept that has zero interest for me.

Him dying was a huge plot point in the original Generation X run. It destroyed the team's trust in Emma. It destroyed Monet. All of that got ignored.

As soon as he woke up, she should have been right there. She should have given him his mind back.

The writers fumbled that completely.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-18-2024 at 02:19 PM.