Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Which male god would be the best father for Wonder Woman?

No one really wants Diana to have a father. Neither do I. However if you had to choose one who would it be? Zeus, Hades and Hercules have already been her dad in some continuities.
    I think maybe I would go for Hermes since he has the most history with Wonder Woman and the Amazons.

Hephaestus or Morpheus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hephaestus or Morpheus.
    That would be interesting options especially Morpheus if you go the Dream angle

Swiss army nerd

Not a God, but a Titan, Prometheus. Someone who defied the gods to aid humanity, and who in some versions of the myth molded humanity from clay. Prometheus is also something of a trickster deity, so if you absolutely had to give Diana a father, then part of the trick he plays is hiding his identity for so long. If humanity has a champion amongst the gods, it's Prometheus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Not a God, but a Titan, Prometheus. Someone who defied the gods to aid humanity, and who in some versions of the myth molded humanity from clay. Prometheus is also something of a trickster deity, so if you absolutely had to give Diana a father, then part of the trick he plays is hiding his identity for so long. If humanity has a champion amongst the gods, it's Prometheus.
    A Titan works just as well as a god. Prometheus would be a really good choice from what you are saying. Clay origin good history with humanity.

Incredible Member

Zeus is s fine with me (I liked the Azarello story arc) but the Prometheus suggestion is interesting.

If I had a gun to my head and had to choose a male god as her father?

I'd choose death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I'd choose death.
    Yeah, but that is not an option in this thread. Here it is only the long torture of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    That would be interesting options especially Morpheus if you go the Dream angle
    I think Lyta's son became the new Morpheus so that's something you could homage in the main continuity.

Hepheastus also works because he's a more tragic figure. He and Hippolyta could have a tragic end.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-17-2024 at 08:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I'd choose death.
    Hades...is a choice.

Eros. If she must have a father then he should be a lover not a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hades...is a choice.
    Common misconception. Hades just ruled over the Underworld, Thanatos was the Greek God of Death.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I vastly prefer the clay origin because I like how mythical and fantastical it is. If Diana needs to be blood with a male god, I'd prefer Ares as Hyppolyta's father. It also means Diana gets a dragon for an uncle.

However, if I were to take a swing at this:

I second Hephastus, but otherwise, I think a minor god is the better go, like a river god, but I also think Horkos is choice because he's the personification of a curse befalling people who swear false oaths. That's a good premise for a recurring character: it lends itself to pretty every tone from comedy to drama depending on to which degree you apply his deal.

Fantastic Member

To think there are so many good (better, none are good) choices in this thread and we have had maybe the three worst ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    To think there are so many good (better, none are good) choices in this thread and we have had maybe the three worst ones.
    Those 3 are the commercial ones you could market. Our choices would inspire "who?" From the audience.