Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Those 3 are the commercial ones you could market. Our choices would inspire "who?" From the audience.
    Sure, but they are still probably the worst ones.
    If they absolutely need to have her be connected by blood to a (male) god. She already have it mythologically in granddaughter of Ares. To be clear I don't want that to be the case.

Amazing Member

If she needs to have a divine father, it may be more interesting to make it a strange one, for story purposes.
    examples:
    Fetket, Egyptian god of bartenders
    Koalemos, Greek god of stupidity
    Äkräs, Finnish god of fertility, cabbages, and turnips

or perhaps Darkseid, God of Tyranny.

I'm opposed to any father for Wonder Woman, but if she absolutely must have one, Prometheus is honestly the most interesting suggestion I've seen. He works thematically--to a degree--and he won't overshadow or diminish Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Sure, but they are still probably the worst ones.
    If they absolutely need to have her be connected by blood to a (male) god. She already have it mythologically in granddaughter of Ares. To be clear I don't want that to be the case.
    I don't disagree but I get why they did it. I'm fine with her having a father but I'd make it a human. I had a pitch for Dr.Midmite as an ex lover for Hippolyta during the 1940s so that would be my pick.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

None. Having a father is not a good it for WW lore.