Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1064 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

When Lois Lane goes on vacation, she makes the most of it. And somehow runs into all the people she knows .

Wait, who does Kara have a date with !?

Ah, Lena has her own uniform now .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When Lois Lane goes on vacation, she makes the most of it. And somehow runs into all the people she knows .

Wait, who does Kara have a date with !?

Ah, Lena has her own uniform now .
    Dunno, but the Epic High Five will most def help, heh.

I also love Lois’s note, lol
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1064 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

Heh. I just noticed it was Osul that said that rely to Lois. That’s funny.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Frozen so popular now they've traded Clark's classic freeze breath for Elsa hands it seems.

Decent start with some beautful art, it's weird I think was enoying the Lois's day off portion more than the sudden switch to the invasion, the czarnian army seemed like such a horrifying unstoppable force in that prelude from a few months back but here they felt like any random group of mooks, maybe that's the price of juggling both them and Brainac in one story?

Dissapointed but not surprised the Superfamily are once again fodder that's quickly captured and taken off the board, hopefully Kara and Conner get some shine in Action Comics #1065 and the covers aren't just misleading but with the mention of them being joined by "unexpected and deadly allies!" I get sense they're gonna be sidelined once again. I think at this point they just need to ditch the Superfamily, it's clear writers don't know what to do with it (not that I blame them it's bloated as hell) and fans of these characters are left perpetually unsatisfied and those who never liked the concept of a Superfamily probablly find them waste of space that detract from Clark as they never end up doing anything of note.
    Last edited by walk; 04-08-2024 at 06:47 PM.

spoilers:
    With that last page reveal, it seems that the many Czarnians in this event are a multiversal legion of Lobos :P On another note, I am really surprised to see Future's End God-Brainiac there! Hopefully it isnt just a cameo
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I need an entire issue of "Lois Lanes day off". If we could've gotten that and ended it with the invasion of Lobo knock-offs and Brainiac Bots....perfection

Extraordinary Member

Me not caught up on the world of metropolis
    Jimmy Olsen is dating silver banshee!!!
    Also the superfamily is bigger then I thought 10 members they even have a outer ring like the batfamily

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Me not caught up on the world of metropolis
    Jimmy Olsen is dating silver banshee!!!
    Also the superfamily is bigger then I thought 10 members they even have a outer ring like the batfamily
    Jon Kent, Powergirl, and Val Zod weren’t even in this issue too.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Pretty badass start here, Sandoval's art is Goddamn immaculate. Lotta badass scenes, and those double-page spreads of Superman over the water and the Czanarian's and drones dropping are perfect wallpaper material.

Looking forward to the rest of this, hope its an all around good time.

Extraordinary Member

That Czarnian leader keeps reminding me of Captain Spaulding from Rob Zombie movies.

spoilers:
    This was a pretty solid start to the House of Brainiac event.

Rafa Sandoval has been delivering some of his best work on Superman lately.

Casual chic Lois running into all the people she knows was great as was goofy husband Clark showing up for the "double date" and Williamson catching up on all the plotlines and characters from his run and other books (hello Superwoman Lana).

Lena looks good in her uniform.

Who was Kara going on a date with?

Maybe Lobo did the universe a favor trying to be the last Czarnian seeing as how his people on a general basis seem to be him but in multiple.

It's funny how Lex gets blamed for everything wrong that goes on in Metropolis and he keeps needing to be freed from custody. I like the light construct warsuit.

Look at all the Brainiac's at the end there!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Reminder that the Guy Gardner backup in this week's Green Lantern is a tie-in to House of Brainiac, specifically the Czarnian/Lobo plot thread.