Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

I thought the first issue was great!

spoilers:
    Gorgeous art from Sandoval (man those colors popped nicely here too), and it delivered on the “Sinestro Corps War” vibes I was hoping for. Actually cackled at the reveal that AI Lex was a Brainiac Trojan horse, no one saw that coming. Excited to see Superman fight a team of Multiversal Brainiacs!
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I need an entire issue of "Lois Lanes day off". If we could've gotten that and ended it with the invasion of Lobo knock-offs and Brainiac Bots....perfection
    Now that would fantastic. Especially with Sandoval.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jon Kent, Powergirl, and Val Zod weren’t even in this issue too.
    PG does have her crossover story coming up in her own book. Just too bad its "Paige."
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

“Because we go from this right into Absolute Power…and Superman is dealing with what happens in Absolute Power before he deals with anything else. Like, we won’t really see the ramifications of this story and Absolute Power until we get to issue #19 in the fall. A lot happens in the end. So it’s hard to answer how it impacts Superman right now because I don’t want to ruin it. Some stuff happens at the ending that has a major impact on a lot of the characters.

I was saying this before about how Superman is dealing with the idea of anger. Something happens that might really piss him off at the end…[something] that can make him even more mad. So it’ll definitely impact him and how he sees Brainiac moving forward.

Like, how do you have this moment where you feel compassion for this person? Superman is a person who gives everybody a second chance, and he feels like the only person he ever really let down was Lex Luthor; he couldn’t save Lex Luthor. Some of those feelings are going to also be involved with what happens with Brainiac at the end. There’ll definitely be a moment between Superman and Brainiac that will sort of harken back to some stuff with Jor-El and the idea of losing a parent or losing a child.”
    Is Brainiac going to kill a Superman's relative?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is Brainiac going to kill a Superman's relative?
    What if he kills Lena Luthor, pissing both Lex and Superman off at the same time?

He kills Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He kills Jon.
    Oh damn!

Regardless of who it is, could we be looking at another COIE moment?

He kills Jon.
    Nah let not start that discussion here

either way he has nothing to do with this event as he shown in previews of Absolute power so he safe
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 04-10-2024 at 09:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

He kills Lana no wedding

He kills Jon.
    I would love that

Extraordinary Member

He’ll most likely kill Lena Luthor.
    Reasons:
    Brainiac is already tied to Lena via storylines from 1999-2000.
    The Superman title recently has been building her up the last few months. Nothing on Jon or Lana lately.
    The death would give not just Superman but Luthor angst.
    Jon’s death or Lana’s death wouldn’t just impact Superman but Lois, Steel and the whole Superman family. No indication that any of that is coming.

It will change Luthor’s current status quo.

Meanwhile Superman’s status quo will more likely be affected by the upcoming Absolute Power storyline.

It wouldn’t surprise me if “Queen Brainiac” was made out of Lena’s body.

He kills Jon.
    Where is Jon, anyway?

He kills Jon.
    Would love that but…
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He kills Lana no wedding
    This is probably what will happen. Jon didn’t even appear in the first issue, I don’t think he got bottled. Plus:
    “The events of Our Worlds at War play [a role] because I read that when it was coming out and I was, ‘You know, it’s funny like Brainiac, he makes that deal with Lex and Lex basically sacrifices Lena and takes her to the future.’ And then it’s like, when Lena eventually betrayed him during Our Worlds at War, Brainiac says, ‘You’re the chosen one. You were meant to be the next step.’ And he was so offended that she was choosing to go back — choosing her father, choosing Lex, choosing Superman. And then Superman saved her. He saved Lena, gave Lena back to Lex,and was like, ‘Be better.’ And then it got forgotten completely.
    Williamson really emphasized Lena’s importance in that interview.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I did not expect to see Our Worlds at War referenced. Should've figured with Lena, but...deep cut, Williamson .