Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Alright its confirmed, all 6 parts are listed as being drawn by Sandoval.

Baller.

Well damn no Conner or Kara on any covers this time around,sucks for me ugh
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Alright its confirmed, all 6 parts are listed as being drawn by Sandoval.

Baller.
    Hope that holds true come release! Great to have an entire “big” arc done by one artist. Hasn’t been the case for most of the recent Superman events.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/dc...n-comics-1064/

"So with Brainiac, I sat down with Brainiac and I started just really thinking about why does Brainiac do what he does? Why is he obsessed with this knowledge? Why does he destroy these planets and why does he take the one city? Why does he try to hoard all this information? Why is he collecting? And then I started thinking about myself as a collector and as a big old nerd who loves to buy stuff and hoard things, I started looking at that and I started being like, 'Well, why? Why does Brainiac actually do this?' And I feel like some of it was about his obsession, but you can keep asking why and why and why. It's like, 'Oh, he's obsessed. Why is he obsessed?' You start getting into it," Williamson said.

And I know that Grant had touched on it a little bit during his run, but I was like, I think there's just more to this story if you actually look at his history.' And that was really it. I was like, "Well, why does he do this? What would happen if he got it all?" If Brainiac finally had all the knowledge, he feels like he had it all, what would happen next? Would he find there was something missing? Will he find there is a missing piece of his knowledge that he can never fill? And so I started exploring that of what is the thing that he can't bottle up? What is the thing that you can never bottle? What is the thing that you can never control? And I started looking at those pieces and that's really where the story started to come together," Williamson said. "And part of showing him differently in this, because what's happening with him, you have this character that's always been about a kind of order, the idea of the collecting and everything being put where it's going to be and the way he wants things. And it's like, What if he embraced chaos a little bit?"
    I am intrigued. Also it sounds like Williamson considers Morrison Action to be canon still? Maybe we’ll see some references to that run beyond just the centipede Brainiac body showing up. Would be cool. There’s a bit more at the link for anyone who wants to read.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This is a very minor gripe but is anyone else a little disappointed that they didn’t update Brainiac’s design/costume for this big story arc? He looks exactly the same as he has since the Johns/Frank run in 2008. I definitely wouldn’t want them to go overboard with this look but a small updated design would be fun.

Sandoval deserves his own Superman event .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is a very minor gripe but is anyone else a little disappointed that they didn’t update Brainiac’s design/costume for this big story arc? He looks exactly the same as he has since the Johns/Frank run in 2008. I definitely wouldn’t want them to go overboard with this look but a small updated design would be fun.
    Maybe they'll update it by the end of the story arc, though I feel like the Brainiac Queen might steal the show.

If it’s any consolation it looks like we’re going to see every Brainiac design/“body” show up here based on last month’s solicited cover. We’ll get plenty of variety where Brainiac is concerned if that holds true for the interiors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If it’s any consolation it looks like we’re going to see every Brainiac design/“body” show up here based on last month’s solicited cover. We’ll get plenty of variety where Brainiac is concerned if that holds true for the interiors.
    That’s very cool. Hopefully it’s a great showcase for the character.

Extraordinary Member

Is that Lois?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is that Lois?
    Yep that’s her in the top pic. Bottom pic is the Brainiac robots and his Czarnian servants.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm the opposite. I'm glad they are sticking with one look and not changing him everytime he shows up. I hate when artists change him up just to change him up. Giving him a standard look also helps with branding.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm genuinely curious if they're gonna sneak this guy into the crossover. I believe he was legit last seen in the clutches of Brainiac. Lol.

e982234a5025298c39024e46cc8ecd6763763e4a_00.jpg
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Casual chic Lois is the best .

Ah yes...another Brainiac invasion...this time with more Lobo's!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That bottom spread is Goddamn immaculate. If the book is going to be filled with shots like this, this is going to be a drop dead gorgeous event.

Perfect wallpaper material.