Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would love that but…

This is probably what will happen. Jon didn’t even appear in the first issue, I don’t think he got bottled. Plus:

Williamson really emphasized Lena’s importance in that interview.
    In your second response, do you mean Lana or Lena?

I know your third response is about Lena.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He kills Jon.

That's very interesting . I read the book and I thought where's Jon ? He's nowhere to be found and he's supposed to be Superman's biological son .
    I mean they show Lana as SuperWoman , when was she SuperWoman ? Wasn't that when we had New Krypton and Kal was a soldier for Zod ? If I remember right .
    Maybe Jon will show up eventually , I don't know . But both Lois & Clark don't seem concerned about him not being anywhere in sight .
    It's like he was just written out of continuity .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    That's very interesting . I read the book and I thought where's Jon ? He's nowhere to be found and he's supposed to be Superman's biological son .
    I mean they show Lana as SuperWoman , when was she SuperWoman ? Wasn't that when we had New Krypton and Kal was a soldier for Zod ? If I remember right .
    Maybe Jon will show up eventually , I don't know . But both Lois & Clark don't seem concerned about him not being anywhere in sight .
    It's like he was just written out of continuity .
    He’s obviously not in Metropolis at the moment. Which is a blessing for Clark and Lois as he would have been captured too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Where is Jon, anyway?
    Yeah that's exactly my thoughts on reading the book , where is Jon ?

I liked the first issue but I’m not a fan of the other Czarnians all dressing and talking like Lobo. Really takes away the character’s uniqueness. I’m also bummed that the LL-01 hologram wasn’t Lex’s idea. Turning himself into the Jor El like image that Superman has to communicate with was one of the most dickish things he could have done. I loved how evil it was. Unfortunately it was just Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I liked the first issue but I’m not a fan of the other Czarnians all dressing and talking like Lobo. Really takes away the character’s uniqueness. I’m also bummed that the LL-01 hologram wasn’t Lex’s idea. Turning himself into the Jor El like image that Superman has to communicate with was one of the most dickish things he could have done. I loved how evil it was. Unfortunately it was just Brainiac.
    To be fair that might be entirely why Lobo tried to kill them all .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Were the Czarnians stated to be a species of savage barbarians beofre or was Lobo considered an aberration among them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Were the Czarnians stated to be a species of savage barbarians beofre or was Lobo considered an aberration among them?
    Czarnia was a place a peace and harmony so of course Lobo had to destroy it for his high school science project.

It’s over the top and ridiculous but he was supposed to be a parody of the “extreme” 90s characters. Keith Giffen said: "I have no idea why Lobo took off... I came up with him as an indictment of the Punisher, Wolverine hero prototype, and somehow he caught on as the high violence poster boy. Go figure".

I think they could alter his origin to fit into the mainstream DCU so it’s not so cartoony but I’m still not a fan of all Czarnians being big violent dummies like the Main Man.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-11-2024 at 12:40 AM.

I suspect Jon's abscence is simply do to him likely showing up in Suicide Squad: Dream Team eventually, which I gotta say has been really good so far I intially thought Nicole Maines hiring was more a gimmick because she played Dreamer on Supergirl but no she has legit talent which is even more impressive considering she only recently started writing comics. Hell it's even looking like she might be the first person to make Jay an actually intresting character which would be a small miracle in of itself.

Editorial seems more commited of late to characters not showing up in books in a way that contradict each other (see Lor abscence in Kneel before Zod while he's off in Sinister Sons) and I imagine Williams was grateful to have one lesss Super person to worry about, I suspect Powergirl also would've been captured with everyone if she didn't have her own series at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I mean they show Lana as SuperWoman , when was she SuperWoman ? Wasn't that when we had New Krypton and Kal was a soldier for Zod ? If I remember right ..
    Think you're confusing Lana with Lucy Lane from the New Krypton era. Lana was Superwoman much more recently, first in the Rebirth Superwoman title and more recently in the Steelworks title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Think you're confusing Lana with Lucy Lane from the New Krypton era. Lana was Superwoman much more recently, first in the Rebirth Superwoman title and more recently in the Steelworks title.
    Didn’t she first turn into Superwoman during the New 52 era?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Didn’t she first turn into Superwoman during the New 52 era?
    Lana wasn't Superwoman until Rebirth where they set up the twist that it was New 52 Lois until the 1st issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He kills Jon.
    DC is not gonna bury one of their most prominent LGBTQ+ characters.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I wasn't really feeling the first issue at all, the continuity bugged me and the laziness of making all Czarnians Lobo-lite, but that last page has absolutely sold me! League of Brainiacs! Let's go!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Superman #13 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval