Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It just smacks of laziness and is more of a bait and switch.

I've been low-key loving all this armour and vechiles they've been making for Clark lately, always thought the concept was tacky as a kid "Why would Superman even need something like that he can fly?" so it's nice I can just embrace the simple fun-factor of it as an adult.

Another fun issue Lobo and Clark's banter was good and Brainiacs machinations deepen though if I'm being honest I'm not sure if this particular story needed to be event, feels if this had just been the next arc in Williamson run it would've played out more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Because those YJ cartoon characters are being used elsewhere.
    I was assuming they would have come up with an original roster anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

I've been low-key loving all this armour and vechiles they've been making for Clark lately, always thought the concept was tacky as a kid "Why would Superman even need something like that he can fly?" so it's nice I can just embrace the simple fun-factor of it as an adult.

Another fun issue Lobo and Clark's banter was good and Brainiacs machinations deepen though if I'm being honest I'm not sure if this particular story needed to be event, feels if this had just been the next arc in Williamson run it would've played out more or less the same.

Ok tell me how you have the issue before tomorrow?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Kara being able to break free of her bottle because she knows Coluan tech from Brainiac 5 made me grin. Looking forward to her and Kon trying to survive in a ship full of Brainiacs. Clark is fuming mad here, it’s fun to see Lobo be the one with the cool head. This continues to be a fun read, Sandoval is killing it on art.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Very curious to find out what’s going on here. Lingering effect from what happened at the end of Death Metal? Or something else?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I probablly live in a diffrent time zone than you

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kara with the swagger .

Also that 4th panel would be very different if she was wearing a skirt .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Why Lobo was that a touch of sincerity I felt from you?

Getting soft in your advanced age old man?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That art looks pretty amazing!

It is really bugging me that the other Czarnians talk and dress just like Lobo. I hope there’s an explanation other than that’s just how Czarnians are now. Maybe Brainiac experimented with some of Lobo’s blood. He can spawn new Lobos from his blood.
    spoilers:
    It seems the explanation is that they are an infamous group of Czarnians. A group of raiders who hail from/conquered a particular city that mysteriously disappeared. Lobo himself didn't think General Chacal was real, thinking and he has his ilk was just stories his people told to scare kids.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-17-2024 at 01:15 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

In my area the local LCS gets the DC books days in advance . They're just not allowed to sell them before Tuesday.
    But if someone works in a shop then , who knows ? Or basically a good friend with the owner .

Incredible Member

One thing that I didn't know but was clarified , was that even Superman is not allowed off Earth per the United Planets .
    But I thought that only applied to Green Lanterns .
    I like to think that Superman can go anywhere when he wants , if it wasn't for him there would be no United Planets .
    Or maybe Jon if that's still canon .

A really fun issue. Sandoval is killing it on art!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why Lobo was that a touch of sincerity I felt from you?

Getting soft in your advanced age old man?

spoilers:
    It seems the explanation is that they are an infamous group of Czarnians. A group of raiders who hail from/conquered a particular city that mysteriously disappeared. Lobo himself didn't think General Chacal was real, thinking and he has his ilk was just stories his people told to scare kids.
    end of spoilers
    Well, we don’t know for sure what Lobo was going to say about having a kid.

“And now look at us. You got a kid. I got a kid. Families growing. Honestly? I—-“

In true Lobo fashion he may have said “I fraggin HATE IT!”

We have seen Lobo be sentimental at times and even a mentor (to Ryan Choi) but actually admitting it and saying it out loud to Superman doesn’t seem like something the Main Man would do. Though he did seem to respect this pissed off Superman so he may have felt like sharing. Haha. We’ll never know.

So by taking an ancient Czarnian city inhabited by the worst of their race, Brainiac may have inadvertently set their civilization off in a different direction. He stole a city that had been taken over by their worst murders and thugs which allowed the the peaceful Czarnians to turn the planet into a utopia. Until Lobo came along that is.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

That's the most toyetic Superman run ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's the most toyetic Superman run ever lol.
    Honestly he has been needing some of that energy. This is a collector’s hobby after all

Wearing it's S:TAS influence on it's sleeve .