Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh the irony that Guy Gardner is looking for Lobo in space and he's actually been in his bar on Earth this whole time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Think you're confusing Lana with Lucy Lane from the New Krypton era. Lana was Superwoman much more recently, first in the Rebirth Superwoman title and more recently in the Steelworks title.

Actually good point about Lucy Lane . I forgot all about her . Wow I think it was around 2008 when New Krypton started , so much has happened since then .

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh the irony that Guy Gardner is looking for Lobo in space and he's actually been in his bar on Earth this whole time
    That was priceless .

Also the first time we've seen Guy's bar in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman #13 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

That art looks pretty amazing!

It is really bugging me that the other Czarnians talk and dress just like Lobo. I hope there’s an explanation other than that’s just how Czarnians are now. Maybe Brainiac experimented with some of Lobo’s blood. He can spawn new Lobos from his blood.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Spoiler/Rumor - Brainiac's role in Dawn of DC and Absolute Power:

spoilers:
    Previously Bleeding Cool learned that it was actually the Council Of Light who found Amanda Waller on Earth 3 and brought her back. So she owes her allegiance to them. But not even she knows who they are. Well, Bleeding Cool has also been tipped that they are possibly the worst people that Amanda Waller could consider. She thinks they are on Earth, and they are not. They are Brainiac. All of him. And they always were.

He wants super powers. Amanda Waller wants superheroes to lose their powers. And Absolute Power by Mark Waid and friends is coming…
    end of spoilers

Source: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-...ight-spoilers/

Astonishing Member

Wait a second, spoilers:
    numerous Brainiacs from across the multiverse, is that... A synergy with Suicide Squad game? Seriously?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Wait a second, spoilers:
    numerous Brainiacs from across the multiverse, is that... A synergy with Suicide Squad game? Seriously?
    end of spoilers
    Oy. I was hoping that wasn’t the case since not only did that embarrassment of a game just do that but the multiverse angle has been done to death in recent years.

I’m hoping that they are all just Brainiac. a hive mind like the Borg. He branches off into new bodies/forms but it’s all just Brainiac.

spoilers:
    I hope The Light isn't some Multiversal Brainiac group.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope The Light isn't some Multiversal Brainiac group.
    end of spoilers
    At this point, I believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

spoilers:
    Previously Bleeding Cool learned that it was actually the Council Of Light who found Amanda Waller on Earth 3 and brought her back. So she owes her allegiance to them. But not even she knows who they are. Well, Bleeding Cool has also been tipped that they are possibly the worst people that Amanda Waller could consider. She thinks they are on Earth, and they are not. They are Brainiac. All of him. And they always were.

He wants super powers. Amanda Waller wants superheroes to lose their powers. And Absolute Power by Mark Waid and friends is coming…
    end of spoilers

No shot really? bah ha ha

spoilers:
    Wow a concept of basically the Villain Illuminati the was high off their Humanity Centric pride and view and they said nah let just do the Failure Squad plot oh well at least there not killing of the Justice league for shock value & quirky points

also up with Amanda Waller being puppet by Brainiac to fight another war with the superheroes? Like that already happen in DCU: The Government use all it power to try to combat the heroes-->A supervillain come along and catache the government with it pants down---> They ironic need the heroes to combat the supervillain
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Wait a second, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    with how that game went out like a pathetic fizzle i doubt that their plan now
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 04-14-2024 at 05:05 PM. Reason: got cut off writing

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

spoilers:
    In fairness this is probably going to be overall better handled than the Suicide Squad game. Like Brainiac is probably going to be menacing here unlike how he actually is in the Squad game. Plus its most likely more of a coincidence than any intentional synergy. I don't think anyone synergizes for games, thats the main point of comic tie-ins.
    end of spoilers

I doubt that this is going to go beyond "this is same Brainiac".

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Why would DC bring in a villainous conspiracy called the Council Of Light and it not use the Young Justice version? Seems like an open goal to me.

Also, just once, I'd love to see the Injustice Gang/Legion of Doom/Secret Society actually done well in the comics, and become a continuous equal to the Justice League.
    end of spoilers
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    spoilers:
    Why would DC bring in a villainous conspiracy called the Council Of Light and it not use the Young Justice version? Seems like an open goal to me.

Also, just once, I'd love to see the Injustice Gang/Legion of Doom/Secret Society actually done well in the comics, and become a continuous equal to the Justice League.
    end of spoilers
    Because those YJ cartoon characters are being used elsewhere.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Because those YJ cartoon characters are being used elsewhere.
    Then why not use any other name then? If they're not doing the thing, why call it the thing? Just seems an odd choice to me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!