Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Williamson is shying away from Morrison and Johns, will his Brainiac retain the elements those two added? Morrison portrayed Brainiac as a misaimed savior, Johns made Brainiac obsessed with knowledge. Waid seems to be a big influence BTS nowadays and his Brainiac is straight out of the Silver Age.
    Looks like Brainiac wants to become a family man .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm fine with Waid as potential DC architect. His events can't be worse than Williamson's.
    I think Waid at the helm could be good for a while. I like Williamson’s ongoing work way more than his events. Prob not what you’d call a controversial opinion I suppose, lol.

Frankly, less events overall would make me happy.

If Williamson is shying away from Morrison and Johns, will his Brainiac retain the elements those two added? Morrison portrayed Brainiac as a misaimed savior, Johns made Brainiac obsessed with knowledge. Waid seems to be a big influence BTS nowadays and his Brainiac is straight out of the Silver Age.
    I like the characteristics that Morrison and Johns brought. Maybe Waid could have something resembling a bit of all their respective takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Brainiac wants to become a family man .
    Everyone else in DC is, maybe he feels left out.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I think Waid at the helm could be good for a while. I like Williamson’s ongoing work way more than his events. Prob not what you’d call a controversial opinion I suppose, lol.

I like the characteristics that Morrison and Johns brought. Maybe Waid could have something resembling a bit of all their respective takes.

Everyone else in DC is, maybe he feels left out.
    Vril Dox II must be feeling pretty dejected right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Vril Dox II must be feeling pretty dejected right now lol
    Indeed, unless the inclusion of Lobo means something. He also has certain history with the Dox family.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm fine with Waid as potential DC architect. His events can't be worse than Williamson's.

Absolute Power has Batman and Dan Mora. Doubt it'll tank.
    I think what will also help Absolute Power is if the antagonists have a more direct role in the story.

Cause when I think about Beast War, I think it suffered from the fact it was mostly fluff. Dr Hate and Waller were the main antagonists but they were barely in the main event, leaving the actual story fairly directionless because it just a lot of the the Titans reacting to a bunch of mindless animal transformations with little story presence.

It might be in Absolute Power's advantage that the inclusions of actual antagonists like Zur and Brainiac Queen might make the whole thing feel more eventful than BW ended up.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gotham War didnÂ’t do great iirc.
    GW didn't have Dan Mora.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I think Waid at the helm could be good for a while. I like WilliamsonÂ’s ongoing work way more than his events. Prob not what youÂ’d call a controversial opinion I suppose, lol.

More events make DC even happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I think what will also help Absolute Power is if the antagonists have a more direct role in the story.

Cause when I think about Beast War, I think it suffered from the fact it was mostly fluff. Dr Hate and Waller were the main antagonists but they were barely in the main event, leaving the actual story fairly directionless because it just a lot of the the Titans reacting to a bunch of mindless animal transformations with little story presence.

It might be in Absolute Power's advantage that the inclusions of actual antagonists like Zur and Brainiac Queen might make the whole thing feel more eventful than BW ended up.
    The premise alone of AP doesn't seem that exciting: superheroes deprived of their powers. But it has the Trinity front and center and it's the culmination of 2 years of storylines. That make it feels more important to the overall DCU than Beast War.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Upcoming Jimenez variant.

IMG_2608.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Zdarsky/Jimenez is probably a bigger team than Waid/Mora.

GW didn't have Dan Mora.

More events make DC even happier.

The premise alone of AP doesn't seem that exciting: superheroes deprived of their powers. But it has the Trinity front and center and it's the culmination of 2 years of storylines. That make it feels more important to the overall DCU than Beast War.
    Most of the recent events for DC haven’t delivered any real changes. Only exception was Action 1050 which I thought was excellent and did change the status quo. Hopefully this event will deliver a similar shakeup because DC needs that right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Zdarsky/Jimenez is probably a bigger team than Waid/Mora.
    Hmmm I’m not sure. Zdarsky is popular as a Marvel/indie creator, but I don’t think DC fans are that enthusiastic about his tenure at DC thus far. Sure he sells more than Waid does but he’s on Batman. If the two swapped books, Waid would sell better.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Most of the recent events for DC haven’t delivered any real changes. Only exception was Action 1050 which I thought was excellent and did change the status quo. Hopefully this event will deliver a similar shakeup because DC needs that right now.

Hmmm I’m not sure. Zdarsky is popular as a Marvel/indie creator, but I don’t think DC fans are that enthusiastic about his tenure at DC thus far. Sure he sells more than Waid does but he’s on Batman. If the two swapped books, Waid would sell better.
    Zdarsky is 100% a bigger name than Waid right now. A lot of Batman fans don't read any non-Batman DC comics (as evidenced by the huge gap between Batman and the rest) so that argument is a tad pointless.

Batman's main ongoing obviously is bigger than any of them. New issue full of blank pages would probably sell more than W/F or whatever else Zdarsky is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Zdarsky is 100% a bigger name than Waid right now. A lot of Batman fans don't read any non-Batman DC comics (as evidenced by the huge gap between Batman and the rest) so that argument is a tad pointless.
    Not sure what you’re arguing. My argument is that Zdarsky is “bigger” than Waid because he’s on Batman, and Batman is the biggest book in the industry. Take Zdarsky off of Batman however and I dunno how well his sales would match up to Waid’s. We’d need to see him take over WF to compare the two right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

DC Comics has got a literal house of Brainiac on their hands, as seen in the April news, and the crossover event continues into June. Today, AIPT can share details surrounding the “House of Brainiac” story arc, which ties into Action Comics, Power Girl, Green Lantern, and more!

Starting with Action Comics #1066, it’s all hands on deck for the Man of Steel and the Superman Family now that the Brainiac Queen is alive! Brainiac has created his masterpiece, and all bets are off as Superman and his teammates witness a cosmic horror unlike anything they’ve ever seen! And after learning the true history of Brainiac, Lobo will have to choose what side he is on before all hell breaks loose!

On sale June 18, part five of “House of Brainiac” is written by Joshua Williamson, with art by Rafa Sandoval also provides art for the issue’s main cover. Action Comics #1066 also features variant cover art by Jorge Jiménez, Paolo Rivera, and Mark Spears, plus a Pride Month variant spotlighting Steel (Natasha Irons) by Betsy Cola.
    The stakes get raised even higher on June 25, as this incredible story reaches its climax in Superman #15, also written by Williamson with art by Sandoval. Superman is allied with Lex Luthor, and together they’ve figured out how to stop Brainiac and his queen, but it will take a great sacrifice. The Man of Steel and one of his greatest enemies will have to do the unthinkable to save their family and friends. This all leads directly into DC’s blockbuster summer event, Absolute Power.

Superman #15 features a main cover by Rafa Sandoval, plus variant covers by Stjepan Šejić, Joshua “Sway” Swaby, Danny Earls, and Miguel Mercado, plus a Pride Month variant featuring Jon Kent by Angel Solorzano.
    Brainiac’s bid for total control continues to impact other DC superheroes as the Green Lantern Corps and Power Girl deal with the fallout of the Czarnian horde. On June 11’s Green Lantern #12, Guy Gardner’s bogus Lobo adventure gets even crazier, courtesy of series writer Jeremy Adams, with art by Xermánico and Kevin Maguire. Xermánico also provides the main cover, with variants by Evan “Doc” Shaner, Gleb Melnikov, and Keron Grant.

Extraordinary Member

On June 25, writer Leah Williams and artists Eduardo Pansica and Júlio Ferreira team up Power Girl and Crush with the Holliday Girls in a last-ditch effort to take down Goblin and his goons, take back their neighborhood and shut down the Czarnian threat on Earth once and for all. Power Girl #10 features main cover art by Yanick Paquette, with variant covers by Nicola Scott and Daxiong.

Looking forward to it!