Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There are so many great toys to be made here.

Love me some good merchandizing.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

"Merchandising... where the real money from the movie is made."

Spaceballs-Yogurt-Merchandising.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl #8 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

This is why people don't like telepaths.

So are we ever going to find out who Kara was on a date with? Sounds like it was a rando.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It was weird just having Brainiac 13 casually being part of the Legion of Brainiac. Like, that thing was a MAJOR threat and was ultimately only defeated by getting what it wanted. Ah well, alt-Universes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

If they made a range of Brainiacs I would absolutely collect them!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ha! Ms. Tribb was responsible for corralling Chacal. Wasn’t as lucky trying to stop Lobo.

I like how Williamson is fleshing out Czarnia by giving it a cultural history and creating a reason why it became a peaceful utopia.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-26-2024 at 12:28 AM.

Ugh. Waller .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ha! Ms. Tribb was responsible for corralling Chacal. Wasn’t as lucky trying to stop Lobo.

I like how Williamson is fleshing out Czarnia by giving it a cultural history and creating a reason why it became a peaceful utopia.
    In my head canon, I always assumed that there was some sort of secret about Tribb that made her a morally acceptable target for Lobo straight-up murdering her at the end of the first Lobo mini. 'Cause really, in a shared universe, you kind of have to sand down a *few* edges on Lobo if you don't want to constantly explain why Superman hasn't chucked him in space-prison.

I'm happy to see that my head canon may be drifting towards actual canon. Maybe it'll turn out to be Tribb, not Lobo, that was actually behind Czarnia's destruction. And Lobo killed her - not for vengeance, but to protect his rep. Or , at least, that's what he says.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    In my head canon, I always assumed that there was some sort of secret about Tribb that made her a morally acceptable target for Lobo straight-up murdering her at the end of the first Lobo mini. 'Cause really, in a shared universe, you kind of have to sand down a *few* edges on Lobo if you don't want to constantly explain why Superman hasn't chucked him in space-prison.

I'm happy to see that my head canon may be drifting towards actual canon. Maybe it'll turn out to be Tribb, not Lobo, that was actually behind Czarnia's destruction. And Lobo killed her - not for vengeance, but to protect his rep. Or , at least, that's what he says.
    Oh, I'd hate that. Sanding down the edges makes everyone less interesting.

The 'Bo was a true agent of chaos in his original run and Superman didn't chuck him in prison because he couldn't. They rarely interacted and when they did it was usually a fight until a greater threat rocked up.

Superman should despise everything Lobo stands for, and vice versa.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

If Lobo will be important character in Gunn's universe then it is likely that Lobo's crimes will get retconed to some extent. After all, general public might have some problems with psychotic mass murderer being portrayed as a cool badass. Unlike comics readers.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Lobo will be important character in Gunn's universe then it is likely that Lobo's crimes will get retconed to some extent. After all, general public might have some problems with psychotic mass murderer being portrayed as a cool badass. Unlike comics readers.
    That feels like something Gunn would do...don't pay attention to Yondu being a human trafficker, remember him being Peter Quill's daddy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That feels like something Gunn would do...don't pay attention to Yondu being a human trafficker, remember him being Peter Quill's daddy.
    I thought OG Yondu was a member of the 30th century Guardians of the Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought OG Yondu was a member of the 30th century Guardians of the Galaxy?
    He was, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, Momoa playing a badass over the top bounty hunter who kills for money would be acceptable to mainstream audiences (see Mandalorian) but comic book Lobo has committed genocide on his own people. That would be way too much for the average moviegoer to laugh off.

Lobo stomping his own dog to death was retconned by Johns when he appeared in an issue of Green Lantern. Other writers have had Dawg come back just to really cement the fact that that horrible scene didn’t happen in main continuity.

Kinda surprised Williamson didn’t have Dawg show up. Would be funny to see him team up with Krypto.

But going back to your point, I wouldn’t be surprised if an upcoming story shows that Lobo didn’t really kill all Czarnians for fun.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-30-2024 at 11:51 PM.