Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I'm not sure that you can even make a big event out of Jon being deaged. DC would get lots of backlash with people claiming that they are erasing progressive Superman.

Sinister Sons book looks like an obvious setup for VS story or new title for Super Sons. I think it is unlikely that it will happen now, but it is about as good time as any to bring back kid Jon.

Astonishing Member

DC guys really put themselves in a corner with Jon. They can't kill him, there is just a vague (really vague) possibility that he will be de-aged and they can't create a de-Joned Superman reboot just because of him.
    For some time I thought that the only way out could be by de-Jonifiyng him, that is by revealing that he had never been Superman's son at all, but everyone thought he was because of time shenanigans - in my mind, I always thought of him as the previously unknown son of Ultraman, who reached the main earth when he was just a kid, lost his memory and everyone thought of him as Superman's son because of interdimensional crap or stuff like that. It wouldn't necessarily make him a bad guy - quite the contrary, it would prove that Superman's education could make him a likeable hero even if his father was a monster -, would explain even Ultraman's obsession with him, and it would somehow erase his direct connection with Superman should they decide to put him aside for a long period of time. Something similar to what has already happened with Chris Kent. But yeah, it won't happen.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Read the descriptions, doesn't sound exciting. However, I'm curious what Williams will be doing with Crush and Power Girl.

I gave up on Jon after Taylor fought me tooth & nail on Twitter because I told him his injustice mini was pointless. Beside the point Braniac ain’t had a chance to shine in quite a while I’m hoping he does something major.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And if my theory is correct, Waid taking control of the DCU post Absolute Power while Snyder does Ultimate DC on the side is only going to push Jon further to the sidelines. The most likely way to get Jon back is if they kill his adult version off for a bit then resurrect him as a kid. I mean it worked for Bart. Again though: I don’t think Gunn is using Jon in the DCU, so no reason for DC to push him anymore.
    FWIW, Waid said he liked aged-up Jon Kent which surprised me.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 03-12-2024 at 09:34 AM.

The easiest way around this...is just to reveal that Teen Jon is an anomaly created by the Time Trapper. Have Kid Jon return and expose the whole plot...and the Super Family defeats him in a massive showdown. Kid Jon returns to his parents...Teen Jon continues to exist as an anomaly that continues to occasionally appear.

I regret engaging with the Kid Jon subfandom again lol. Every thread devolving into being about Jon is super annoying, it’s the same complaints and theories every time (and this isn’t just aimed at garazza, it’s multiple people all of whom seem to want to ONLY talk about Jon - except inside his actual Appreciation thread because I guess even they realized it had become an echo chamber). Hopefully Jon doesn’t show up at all in this event, which he probably won’t since Williamson hasn’t used him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    It's much more fun to talk about Conner "freakin" kent,and all the badass and fun things he can do with spaceship full of brainiac robots and knockoff lobos to punch.

Let the tactile telekinesis out
    There was a tease about Kon potentially returning to his old costume (t-shirt and jeans) and now I’m wondering if this event is going to facilitate that. Perhaps we might see new miniseries for Kon and Kara spin out of this? It’s those two (in addition to Superman of course) who I suspect might see big shakeups as a result of this story.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-12-2024 at 10:23 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Panels from Green Lantern 10/11 (House of Brainiac tie-in):

I regret engaging with the Kid Jon subfandom again lol. Every thread devolving into being about Jon is super annoying, it’s the same complaints and theories every time (and this isn’t just aimed at garazza, it’s multiple people all of whom seem to want to ONLY talk about Jon - except inside his actual Appreciation thread because I guess even they realized it had become an echo chamber). Hopefully Jon doesn’t show up at all in this event, which he probably won’t since Williamson hasn’t used him at all.
    Hey, it's annoying having to be this kind of fan. I would love to shut up but that is entirely dependent on DC.

ANYWAYS,

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Hey, it's annoying having to be this kind of fan. I would love to shut up but that is entirely dependent on DC.

ANYWAYS,

-Williamson was surprised by the Amalgram Omnis announcement, since he doesn’t go into the DC offices as much anymore it’s harder to find out what the big secret plans are
    -He’s taken a step back from guiding the line, he isn’t the architect anymore, but he does consult a bit for other DC creators
    -Wants to respect what’s been going down in Action
    -Doesn’t want Conner or Kara or the Twins to suddenly take a backseat in their own book, but also wants to respect what he’s been focusing on in Superman
    -Writing Superman and Lobo together is a blast
    -At one point Superman & Lobo go to Hardcore Station (apparently that was an obscure DC series I have no knowledge of it)
    -Reread the Lobo Bloodlines Annual as prep
    -Wants to make sure HoB stands alone but also acknowledges that what happens here will have ramifications for the wider DCU, such as BQ appearing in Absolute Power
    -4th Grade is when Williamson knew he wanted to do comics
    -Williamson will be touching on some DC Magic stuff soon
    -Morrison was the first person Williamson told he was writing Superman and when he got the Superman book he made a note in his notebook “no Grant, no Geoff” which meant that he didn’t want to touch too deeply on stuff that Morrison or Johns had already done with the character
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Could Waid be the new DC architect?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Waid to DC:

Seems quite likely, although tbh I wouldn't be a fan of it. Williamson was the architect during 2021-2023 but it was clear he was scaling down his DC work (although it's still three monthly books...).

Though we also have the rumoured Ultimate DC line and Taylor also mentioned he is working on another main continuity project now that he left Nightwing.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 03-12-2024 at 03:06 PM.

If Williamson wants to acknowledge what’s been going on in Action, maybe Superman having Bizarro whispering in his head will be how he’s able to resist whatever Brainiac has done to him. Poor Clark’s head is getting very crowded these days.
    Waid and Taylor seem to be the ones holding the reins now. Taylor’s big event in Beast World seems to have been a flop though, if Absolute Power tanks too, we will probably see another big shakeup at DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Seems quite likely, although tbh I wouldn't be a fan of it. Williamson was the architect during 2021-2023 but it was clear he was scaling down his DC work (although it's still three monthly books...).

Though we also have the rumoured Ultimate DC line and Taylor also mentioned he is working on another main continuity project now that he left Nightwing.
    Hopefully he’s leaving for Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

I'm fine with Waid as potential DC architect. His events can't be worse than Williamson's.

Waid and Taylor seem to be the ones holding the reins now. Taylor’s big event in Beast World seems to have been a flop though, if Absolute Power tanks too, we will probably see another big shakeup at DC.
    Absolute Power has Batman and Dan Mora. Doubt it'll tank.

If Williamson is shying away from Morrison and Johns, will his Brainiac retain the elements those two added? Morrison portrayed Brainiac as a misaimed savior, Johns made Brainiac obsessed with knowledge. Waid seems to be a big influence BTS nowadays and his Brainiac is straight out of the Silver Age.
    I'm fine with Waid as potential DC architect. His events can't be worse than Williamson's.

Absolute Power has Batman and Dan Mora. Doubt it'll tank.
    Gotham War didn’t do great iirc.