View Poll Results: Should They’ve Have Kept Norman Dead?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - They Should’ve.

45 56.96%
  • No - They Shouldn’t have. He’s too interesting to Remain Dead

28 35.44%
  • I’m Not Sure

6 7.59%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's mostly because no one ever permanently replaced Norman's role as archenemy (in spite of guys like Harry and Kingsley having cult followings), while Gwen's role as the main love interest was completely successfully replaced (and eventually surpassed) by MJ.

After that, the only way Gwen could have came back was if you brought her back in a new role like with Red Hood and Winter Soldier. Like, if Felicia was never introduced, maybe you could've brought Gwen back as Black Cat and have her be the love interest that's completely disconnected from Peter's life. I guess that could have worked? It would even fit with the "one that got away" feelings that Black Cat eventually started having for Peter.

But they didn't do that. Plus Spider-Gwen now exists. She already is "Gwen in a new role". Which just further reduces any need to bring back the original Gwen.
    And when Norman was revived, MJ was Peter's wife.

I think Gwen could have been revived for BND. And though I'm opposed to these types of revivals, I think it would have been a far more interesting change to say that Gwen never died than what we got instead. Not because Gwen would usurp MJ. But because it would have essentially rebooted the Peter and MJ romance and allowed writers like Spencer to re-explore the development of their relationship in a completely new context.

OMD didn't effectively reboot the Peter and MJ relationship. It just made idiots out of the both of them and trapped them in an endless loop.

But anyway that ship has long sailed.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-02-2024 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    You don't think there is a general consensus in the fanbase that MJ is the main/best love interest?
    Had you said "general consensus" from the get go, I wouldn't have said anything, but you said "completely successfully replaced", which isn't true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Had you said "general consensus" from the get go, I wouldn't have said anything, but you said "completely successfully replaced", which isn't true.
    I mean, if you want to be pedantic, sure.

BANNED

Likewise, if you want to exaggerate....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Likewise, if you want to exaggerate....
    I would define Gwen having no chance (short of a miracle) at this point of replacing MJ to count as a complete and successful replacement. It's complete in the sense there's no going back.

Also, I think you're being way too emotional about this.

BANNED

Am I? How?