Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last edited by juan678; 01-17-2024 at 05:12 AM.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I think they need someone to take a big swing with them. I'm not sure what that would look like but we've seen the alternative. Most series featuring them in 616 always revolves around relationship drama and I feel like it's played our by now. My favorite versions of them are the 1610 and tv show incarnations and the lack of relationship drama definitely helps I feel. I hope there's a 6160 version of them that shows up this year and maybe helps re-energize the characters.

Y doesn't mean & in English. Could someone fix the thread title please?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought the placement of the X badges etc from their DARK X-MEN period odd since their pendant medallions seem to be the clearest appropriate spot without cluttering the designs.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BLOOD HUNTERS #1 (OF 4)
    Written by MARK RUSSELL, CHRISTOS GAGE & ERICA SCHULTZ
    Art by BOB QUINN, JAVIER GARRÒN & BERNARD CHANG
    Cover by GREG LAND
    On Sale 5/8

With Cloak missing in action, Dagger strikes out in search of new and surprising allies. Witness the genesis of Marvel’s wildest team yet: the Blood Hunters in the start of a multi-part story by Erica Schultz and Bernard Chang that will run across all four issues! Who will Dagger recruit? You’ll have to wait and see!

"It’s really exciting to write Dagger and see her assemble a team of fantastic fang hunters!" Schultz shared. "You’re going to love the dynamic between these characters, and see where the drama is!"

"It’s an honor to be contributing to BLOOD HUNTERS and the BLOOD HUNT event, and to collaborate with Erica Schultz, who’s crafted a bloody exciting story; and the masterful magician, Marcelo Maiolo, whose color work is amongst the bloody best in the medium," Chang added. "I hope the work will live up to fan expectations, as well as those of previous creators who have tackled the very same characters from when I was reading and collecting comics in my teens, like the legendary Rick Leonardi and Mike Vosburg."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=321376169

Time to save your boyfriend from vampires!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

BLOOD HUNTERS #1 (OF 4)
    Written by MARK RUSSELL, CHRISTOS GAGE & ERICA SCHULTZ
    Art by BOB QUINN, JAVIER GARRÒN & BERNARD CHANG
    Cover by GREG LAND
    On Sale 5/8

With Cloak missing in action, Dagger strikes out in search of new and surprising allies. Witness the genesis of Marvel’s wildest team yet: the Blood Hunters in the start of a multi-part story by Erica Schultz and Bernard Chang that will run across all four issues! Who will Dagger recruit? You’ll have to wait and see!

"It’s really exciting to write Dagger and see her assemble a team of fantastic fang hunters!" Schultz shared. "You’re going to love the dynamic between these characters, and see where the drama is!"

"It’s an honor to be contributing to BLOOD HUNTERS and the BLOOD HUNT event, and to collaborate with Erica Schultz, who’s crafted a bloody exciting story; and the masterful magician, Marcelo Maiolo, whose color work is amongst the bloody best in the medium," Chang added. "I hope the work will live up to fan expectations, as well as those of previous creators who have tackled the very same characters from when I was reading and collecting comics in my teens, like the legendary Rick Leonardi and Mike Vosburg."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=321376169
    so, Hawkeye and Man-Wolf John Jameson? Wow.

it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Amazing Member

I'm on board any time Cloak & Dagger get a series, adding Man-Wolf is just the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so, Hawkeye and Man-Wolf John Jameson? Wow.

it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Meanwhile Steve forms a new Avengers team, which includes the other Hawkeye. Kate's actually on a bigger platform than Clint now!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

[

Fake Wolverine cover (InkTober) By Frédéric Steinmetz

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Love Cloak and Dagger but I haven't been as up to date. Didn't like the TV show though.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fake Wolverine cover (InkTober) By Frédéric Steinmetz
    Those are pretty cool. I think Cloak and Dagger are great characters that are sorely underused these days. I know they came out during the War on Drugs era, and thus are probably just not as relevant today (though really, drugs are always a relevant issue, no?). But there's still so much to explore with them, I think, and there powers are cool! I feel like they are both such multi-layered characters! They had a co-dependent relationship, not only emotionally, but literally. They felt trapped, alone, together, wanting to escape but also comfortable with each other. There's something there, too, allegorically, with dependence on drugs and the withdrawal one has when they try to quit. And then there's the romance factor. Yes, the themes were explored years ago, but it wasn't finished, and their growth to where they are now didn't feel organic to me, and it should have been. Most of it happened in between actual comic series. Like, now they don't actually need each other, right? And they're in a romantic relationship (or is that done...I don't even know). Tandy's personality has changed, and sure, that happens when people get older and grow up, but again, I'd rather have seen the progression happen than jump to an all-new Tandy.

Anyhow, I hope their upcoming story in Blood Hunt is good. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Newsarama: Erica, you're writing the lead story in the anthology Blood Hunters, with Dagger assembling a team of vampire hunters. What can you tell us about her mission and how it ties into the larger crossover?

Erica Schultz: I’ve been calling this the “everyone’s a vampire!” crossover event. Obviously that’s not entirely true, but you get the point. One of the victims of the vampire’s plot is Cloak. Being a Darkforce user, Cloak is possessed and forced to blot out the sun. This gives Dagger a whole lot of motivation to want to take down whatever vampires she can in order to restore Cloak to himself.

Dagger will have to focus on her own skills and what she can bring to the table as an individual to help heal as many vampires as she can. Unlike some of the other members of the team, Dagger is more focused on the person who was turned rather than the fact that they’re a vampire. She wants to restore order, and, in her mind, that means restoring the humanity of the victims.

Cloak and Dagger are fan-favorite characters with long Marvel histories, but we've rarely gotten to see them apart. How are you digging into Dagger on her own in this story?

I feel like Tandy and Tyrone are two great heroes that go great together. Because they’ve always been linked to each other, it’s very difficult to think of one without the other, but that’s the fun in writing comics. You get to challenge characters and see where those obstacles take them.

Despite being on her own for this series, you won’t be seeing a Dagger solo series any time soon. She and Cloak are linked no matter what.

We've seen her recruiting Elsa Bloodstone in solicits, but who else is Dagger bringing into the mix for her Blood Hunters team?

So, joining Dagger and Elsa Bloodstone will be Hallows’ Eve and White Widow (Yelena Belova). Each of these women brings their own special set of skills to the table. White Widow is the sister of Natasha Romanov, so she has a very pragmatic and street level focus on everything. Hallows’ Eve has an endless bag of Halloween masks that grant her all kinds of abilities. The masks are cursed with chaos magic from Limbo, so they don’t always work the way she expects.

There are a lot of big personalities on this team, so they’re not likely to get along all the time. No spoilers, but Elsa will also discover someone she’s going to bring along for the ride, too.

https://www.gamesradar.com/blood-hun...-rescue-cloak/