BANNED

Default the Iron Man movies. was Pepper Potts that annoying in the original comic book?

Pepper Potts got really annoying and started being a total nag in Iron Man 2. then she got worse later on

was she always like that in the original comic book

She's an inconsistent character and has disappeared from the book for as much as a decade at a time. At her best, she's a highly skilled master of business and business law. At her worst, she's just kind of there. I wouldn't say she's annoying in the comics, but there are long stretches where she vanishes, and you don't even notice because nothing interesting has been done with her in ages.

Yeah, last time she was a regular in the book was Tom Taylor's Superior Iron Man run just before Secret Wars. The three runs since have used other love interests instead - Wasp, Hellcat, and Emma Frost - though Slott did also use Bethany Cabe, one of Tony's exes. I think Pepper has her own business now, but still operates as the superhero Rescue. But she's not been used in the best part of a decade. Her original 1960s tenure ended with her marrying Happy Hogan instead of Tony. He was killed off in Civil War, and that's when she started appearing regularly again - possibly because they knew she was in the movie which released a couple of years later. Ironically, Happy's actually still alive in the MCU despite Civil War being adapted, and wound up in Spider-Man's supporting cast after Tony was killed off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pepper Potts is just a side character. I always thought she would be better off with Tony Stark than with Happy Hogan.

I really liked Pepper in the Iron Man films. I don't know the comics though. I haven't read many Iron Man comics.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Pepper Potts got really annoying and started being a total nag in Iron Man 2. then she got worse later on

was she always like that in the original comic book
    ^^^She had cute freckles.

My favorite version of Pepper Potts will always be from the Iron Man Armored Adventures show. She stole the show every time she was on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Pepper Potts is just a side character. I always thought she would be better off with Tony Stark than with Happy Hogan.
    Yeah they wanted to have a love interest for Tony Stark, and she... sort of works there.