Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I’m pretty excited!
    I'm pretty excited too, but can't get my wife to feel anything.

She is determined to not see this movie because she feels they've had every chance to make a good one.

I can't get her interested no way.

I was really hoping that '4' stuff would be seeded through other movies (like the BP 2 perhaps)

and this would be the stealth way to make her see that the MCU will make us proud of the FF.

But nooooooo!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm pretty excited too, but can't get my wife to feel anything.

She is determined to not see this movie because she feels they've had every chance to make a good one.

I can't get her interested no way.

I was really hoping that '4' stuff would be seeded through other movies (like the BP 2 perhaps)

and this would be the stealth way to make her see that the MCU will make us proud of the FF.

But nooooooo!
    Wait for a trailer. A good trailer is usually enough to convince people. If the film is good (hopefully) then word mouth will spread and she might hear from other people that it’s worth a watch.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    The new Fantastic Four issue was great for Sue fans, I wont spoil it but read it. and a nice surprise villain from way back.
    From way back!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Did you know Sue was named after Jack Kirby's pop star daughter?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jack...ar-in-britain/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With Sue's Doctorate in Archaeology now fully revealed, I wonder if we'll ever have a "Doctor Fantastic" moment when the team is shown choosing their heroic identities. I can see Sue taking the wind out of Reed's "MISTER Fantastic" by teasing using her formal prefix or at least "Invisible Woman, pHd"
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-14-2024 at 09:45 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Don't forget, she changed her name to Invisible Woman later. So you mean Invisible Girl, Phd.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With Sue's Doctorate in Archaeology now fully revealed, I wonder if we'll ever have a "Doctor Fantastic" moment when the team is shown choosing their heroic identities. I can see Sue taking the wind out of Reed's "MISTER Fantastic" by teasing using her formal prefix or at least "Invisible Woman, pHd"
    This is somewhere around the late '60s or so. I remember this because it was from my first subscription to the FF when I was around 13.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't forget, she changed her name to Invisible Woman later. So you mean Invisible Girl, Phd.
    Ohhhhhh! "SUE STORM, The Invisible Doctor"...plays with the feminist notion toyed with in the FF movies with Jessica Alba's Susan's powers being a metaphor for her being invisible in the field of science that she worked in because of gender glass ceiling issues.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I think North is the best writer for Sue (a low bar to clear), with the way he writers her as a competent leader and powerful hero. In this issue I love how creative and powerful her powers have become.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think North is the best writer for Sue (a low bar to clear), with the way he writers her as a competent leader and powerful hero. In this issue I love how creative and powerful her powers have become.
    What I love about this is that the horse creations aren't a wild new development. I recall a very early Kirby scene where Sue first got her powers and had made some sort of force field table thingy which Ben was commenting she was ready to go head to head with Marvel Girl's telekinesis. North is definitely up on his history.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Speaking of the X-Men, I liked a line in this week's FF. Sue mentioned making meteorites invisible. The cop she was talking to asked her if she wanted to be hated and feared - citing the reason a lot of people hate mutants!

He reminds me a lot of Paul Tobin's FF writing in Marvel Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of the X-Men, I liked a line in this week's FF. Sue mentioned making meteorites invisible. The cop she was talking to asked her if she wanted to be hated and feared - citing the reason a lot of people hate mutants!
    I took that as North with a meta comment about heroes in general, although he did use the mutant book phrase. The overarching theme with people disappearing for a year and this does make that last page seem very much understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What I love about this is that the horse creations aren't a wild new development. I recall a very early Kirby scene where Sue first got her powers and had made some sort of force field table thingy which Ben was commenting she was ready to go head to head with Marvel Girl's telekinesis. North is definitely up on his history.
    All along Sue has done some cool stuff. Somewhere in the Skrull-Andromeda war (early #200) they were inprisoned by Skrulls and Sue formed a 'key' to get them out with her FF.

Sue has done FF parachutes, and other things.
    At some point it was said that it was what she could visualize. If she can see a 'table' or 'key' in her mind, she can create a FF replica.

It can be created to screen out nuclear blasts (the very Fantastic # 40 or thereabouts, a battle against Doom).

I think Perez' brief stint before #200 had some nice uses of her power too.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    All along Sue has done some cool stuff. Somewhere in the Skrull-Andromeda war (early #200) they were inprisoned by Skrulls and Sue formed a 'key' to get them out with her FF.

Sue has done FF parachutes, and other things.
    At some point it was said that it was what she could visualize. If she can see a 'table' or 'key' in her mind, she can create a FF replica.

It can be created to screen out nuclear blasts (the very Fantastic # 40 or thereabouts, a battle against Doom).

I think Perez' brief stint before #200 had some nice uses of her power too.
    So true. I'd forgotten most of those.