Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    For Jean Paul Red & Gold, the Red & White costume is the Michael Lane version.
    Ok, they've got to stop giving so many different characters the same code name - it's too confusing.

I take it the Michael version is retired? I only ever saw him in the Arkham games anyway, not the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I take it the Michael version is retired? I only ever saw him in the Arkham games anyway, not the comics.
    The one in the Arkham games was iirc Jean Paul, but in the comics that costume was afaik only worn by Micheal Lane.

Personally I would love to see this version of Batman's costume make a return. I really enjoyed it.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

I mostly agree, but I also think that suit looks way to bight a for someone who is part of the Batfamily.

Also not a Fan of the Armored look, that's something they have mostostly moved away from with the rest of the Batman characters after the new 52.
    For me personally I hate Duke's look, but it also just does not make sense with his powers and the whole dayshift thing. If the point is that he's operating in the daytime, then he doesn't need to be super bright right? Cause its already bright. And he has light based powers, I just think that would work better or be a stronger contrast when used at night since there's less light.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The one in the Arkham games was iirc Jean Paul, but in the comics that costume was afaik only worn by Micheal Lane.
    The Arkham games used Lane. And was in fact the last time he was seen since JPV has been Azrael since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The Arkham games used Lane. And was in fact the last time he was seen since JPV has been Azrael since.
    Yep, definitely confusing.

Of course - go for it.

I think Red Hood could do with an update. The Mortal Combat suit, as everyone calls it, has overstayed its welcome.

^^^I never even welcomed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I never even welcomed it.
    Was there ever any explanation editorial-wise as to the change? I know the story reason - it was after Bruce kicked Jason out of Gotham. I'm just wondering because his previous look with the helmet is so recognizable and generally liked, so there doesn't seem like there was a lot of reason to switch to the mask. I mean, it's not like they needed to differentiate him from the rest of the Bat-Fam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh I thought that was JPV, but I haven't played the games.

Extraordinary Member

Was there ever any explanation editorial-wise as to the change? I know the story reason - it was after Bruce kicked Jason out of Gotham. I'm just wondering because his previous look with the helmet is so recognizable and generally liked, so there doesn't seem like there was a lot of reason to switch to the mask. I mean, it's not like they needed to differentiate him from the rest of the Bat-Fam.
    I think the costume made sense for the story arc back than, but it doesn't make much sense that he is still using it. (Like it doesn't make sense that Cass still uses the stiched mask from No Man's Land)

Yeah it’s like, I know DC doesn’t live in a bubble, they have to know the costume’s not very well liked.

I think the costume made sense for the story arc back than, but it doesn't make much sense that he is still using it. (Like it doesn't make sense that Cass still uses the stiched mask from No Man's Land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah it’s like, I know DC doesn’t live in a bubble, they have to know the costume’s not very well liked.
    Hm, yeah, it's weird. It's like I don't recall seeing any complaints about Batwing's old suit, but they gave him a redesign anyway - although his new look is cool so I'm glad they did, but it wasn't strictly needed.

Old Suit:

New Suit:

Extraordinary Member

Hm, yeah, it's weird. It's like I don't recall seeing any complaints about Batwing's old suit, but they gave him a redesign anyway - although his new look is cool so I'm glad they did, but it wasn't strictly needed.
    That's more small update than real redesign.
    I mean it is not that usual that if they start a new run that they let design a new suit, that is basically their iconic look with some details changed, I mean they are doing that with Batman (and a lot of the other Bat Characters) all the time.

I would say me, but my girlfriend has been taking care of that lately, so improvements are underway.