Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Default Post-Krakoa Speculation Thread

As we begin the end of this five year era, I think it's time to start speculating seriously about what comes after Krakoa ends this Spring.

We know that:

Gail Simone is writing a Jubilee post-Krakoa story for the FCBD issue.

Adam Kubert appears to be working on some kind of Wolverine story.

"Prisoner X" is locked up inside the Danger Room.

What appears to be Magneto bound to Xaviers old hoverchair.

Some have said the timeless teases may not be literal, but historically they usually are. The Treehouse burning, Wolverine becoming Ghost Rider, and Kurt being Spider-Man were all set up in Timeless.

The eventual return/relaunch of Uncanny X-Men after a 5 years absence (since Brevoort & Duggan already brought back Uncanny Avengers during the previous months), with UXM #700 or/and UXM #1 (Uncanny X-Force next ?).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 01-17-2024 at 08:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think Krakoa and Arakko remain, but Krakoa not as the only location the X-Men or mutants in general are located.

We will most likely get 2 X-Men teams again. One with A-listers, proly like the crew we saw with the X-Liberators (which are Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus, they should get their 3 guys team title back, Shadowkat, Rogue, Gambit. The other build around Cyclops and Jean with probably champs like Havok, Polaris, Bishop and Jubilee on it.

We might get X-Corps back with Sunspot, Mirage, Warlock, Thunderbird and others.

Solo adventures of Cable and Wolverine
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

If Rise of Powers of X#1 offers any clue , we have Enigma, the White HR, and No-Place as existing out of time. So there are different possibilities depending on who the 'traitor' is..at this point I doubt they mean Moira (not in the sense of the whole context of the Hixverse ) in the sense that someone does not pull through with a full re-set for whatever reason. Doug and Rasputin IV look like equally plausible candidates. What I find interesting is on panel we see a lot of eggs in Krakoa despite it being out of time. This makes me think that this shadow of Krakoa may continue existing out of time kind of like in an alternate reality ,perhaps with a smaller population of mutants 'displaced or marooned' in that reality not too different from the Arraki in Amenth. Giving Marvel its 'earth 3' if they ever need dark counterparts to some of the mutants we know in the here and now.

Meanwhile the WHR sojourners will eventually all come back to start a life in whatever eventual timeline sticks. Since I imagine a remnant of Krakoa will be in no-place going forward,I don't think Krakoa on earth will remain as it was pre -gala. It may even be declared a contaminated zone, cordoned off (if Doug's techno-organic infection is the excuse) Although I think Arrako will remain as is. Some mutants will probably choose to go to Arrako ,others will remain on earth although living in different enclaves as was the case before.

I think Xavier with the destruction of timelines, by being in no-place will likely try to upload his own knowledge into the Xavier of the past.How well that will go is anyone's guess..It is also possible the actual Xavier of no-place may get pegged to a timeline that becomes our constant after learning of Doug's/Rasputin's betrayal. It may fundamentally change him.

The Enigma- Phoenix battle will ensure Enigma is erased, but I think typical to Sinister's survivability,Enigma will activate in Rasputin IV( I just don't believe Sinister diamond installed new 'software')

So yeah Arrako remains in the star system, a remnant of Krakoa remains in no-place(alternate reality to feed into future stories). Other than that we go back to the pre-Krakoa status quo with Magneto-Xavier animus festering over the failure of Krakoa.With resurrections gone Exodus perhaps resorts to continue resurrections by his own power among his coterie of mutants who believe immortality is a mutant birthright. Apoc perhaps puts a premium on Arrako over Krakoa as the fit lot(admittedly haven't read anything with 'A' since XoS so hard to know where his head is at)

Only time will tell what I got right.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-18-2024 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think Krakoa and Arakko remain, but Krakoa not as the only location the X-Men or mutants in general are located.

We will most likely get 2 X-Men teams again. One with A-listers, proly like the crew we saw with the X-Liberators (which are Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus, they should get their 3 guys team title back, Shadowkat, Rogue, Gambit. The other build around Cyclops and Jean with probably champs like Havok, Polaris, Bishop and Jubilee on it.

We might get X-Corps back with Sunspot, Mirage, Warlock, Thunderbird and others.

Solo adventures of Cable and Wolverine
    I can see Ms. Marvel and female Wolverine getting books as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My predictions based on the little we already know:

- The return of Uncanny X-men with a very nostalgic vibe and Magneto in charge
    - A second flagship X-men with a different team
    - X-force, starring Cable, Wolverine, Deadpool and others
    - Wolverine solo, first arc drawn by Capullo (basically confirmed)
    - Deadpool solo (already announced)
    - A new school book, possibly with Jubilee as the lead if she’s not in UXM.
    - An edgier ancillary X-team (could be Dark X-men, Hellions or Marauders)
    - One book where Sunspot gets a leadership role
    - Hopefully the return of Excalibur and X-factor, but this one is wishful thinking and not a guess.
    - Rogue and Kitty will be big focuses
    - Ms Marvel will be the most prominent X-teen.
    - We’re in for A LOT of MCU synergy.
    - Wolverine will be everywhere again (2-3 teams) and Deadpool will be in at least 1 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

- Hopefully the return of Excalibur and X-factor, but this one is wishful thinking and not a guess.
    - Wolverine will be everywhere again (2-3 teams) and Deadpool will be in at least 1 team.
    I see all of this very posible and not out of the reality

Ill add.

Krakoa Stays but not as the principal location
    The Mansion is back with Mags at Charge with Emma in Krakoa leading the gov.
    The Uncanny Avengers will be back with Rogue-Deadpool-Cap and Scarlet witch in charge (also she is a mutant again)
    Maddy will be part of the "Dark" side of the Xside
    The Avengers will be more featured in the book- Having TIE-INS about what happening in the x-universe so as the X-universe will be featured in theirs.
    The line between Avengers and Xmen will be more blurry they will not be "mutants or human problems" they will be just problems and both Franchise will work towards that.
    Eventualy will lead to conflict but not as something dumb as AVX or AXIS o even dumber like IVX something more civilizated like that mini Bunn wrote to Civil War 2 about the Xmen
    Emma and Tony will be the "FLAGSHIP" couple of both franchise
    Emma will be in both Franchise so as Tony
    Xavier will be reddemed in year 3 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I see all of this very posible and not out of the reality

Ill add.

Krakoa Stays but not as the principal location
    The Mansion is back with Mags at Charge with Emma in Krakoa leading the gov.
    The Uncanny Avengers will be back with Rogue-Deadpool-Cap and Scarlet witch in charge (also she is a mutant again)
    Maddy will be part of the "Dark" side of the Xside
    The Avengers will be more featured in the book- Having TIE-INS about what happening in the x-universe so as the X-universe will be featured in theirs.
    The line between Avengers and Xmen will be more blurry they will not be "mutants or human problems" they will be just problems and both Franchise will work towards that.
    This sounds great, but take emma out of Krakoa... make mutant politicians (not xmen) lead the goverment... heck have some mutants that have really lowkey stupid powers but find there 'voice' on kroka become leaders of a telepathically elected concil that when big non emergency issues come up can telepathically poll the whole community... have emma or jean or charles just run the elections, but not be canadits.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    This sounds great, but take emma out of Krakoa... make mutant politicians (not xmen) lead the goverment... heck have some mutants that have really lowkey stupid powers but find there 'voice' on kroka become leaders of a telepathically elected concil that when big non emergency issues come up can telepathically poll the whole community... have emma or jean or charles just run the elections, but not be canadits.
    Emma as a political leader has some much more experience and abiltys than Charles and Erick in their lives.

I See Emma Kate or Douglas as Krakoan President. But Emma as the Krakoan President and Stark as his First Man ill be a glorious new status quo that literaly marries the X and the A

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think it's an unspoken rule when there's a major editorial reshuffle and a new direction is needed, for the new era to do some things the opposite of the previous one.

- The Krakoa era was all about breaking the mould and doing something different, so I would expect the new era to be much more back to basics.

- We've had very close connectivity with the books for the past several years - I'm expecting the From the Ashes titles to stand more on their own. There will still be continuity but I expect a larger number of books that will be self-contained and some others with closer connectivity.

- Marvel is going all in across various media on the 90's X-Men look and feel. I think Brevoort will similarly look at the most commercially successful era in the comics, when Bob Harras was the line editor, and likely take inspiration in terms of books and team rosters. I think going for something readers are familiar with and adding a number of twists here and there would be a sensible approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

All of this has me excited. Especially Capullo on Wolverine, which I do think is happening. And Cable, Wolverine and Deadpool all on X-Force would be awesome, but I'm skeptical. They've just all never been on the team at the same time.

And while I do feel like a return to the 90s aesthetic is likely for MCU synergy, I do hope they all get updated costumes, even if only slightly. Modernized a bit. That's always fun. Particularly when Marvel puts out a sketch book or something like that, showcasing them all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Rob Liefeld had a few things to say on the upcoming era, as per Bleeding Cool:

I think Marvel's got a whole new rebrand, refocus on the X-Men, that's what they are shutting down the Krakoa stuff… the new X-Men stuff will be good enough to warrant some legit excitement and if anyone of those planes legit lands, that they're going to have something…

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Rob Liefeld had a few things to say on the upcoming era, as per Bleeding Cool:
    This says it all really.

1. Print some #1s
    2. ???
    3. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This says it all really.

1. Print some #1s
    2. ???
    3. Profit
    That's basically been Marvel's strategy since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That's basically been Marvel's strategy since 1996
    Haha, truth. I thought “we’re doing to let Hickman make the X-Men grab their ankles” was pretty good marketing copy though.