Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This was so rushed and I did not like this issue. Everything came off like an after thought.
    Agreed. This was a speed run of an issue, to address how things get into place for Fall of House of X.

What is ridiculous is that Duggan (along with Gillen) is involved with the development of the event. It's not like he is just some writer whose story is being disrupted by needing to be an event tie-in. He is in charge of pacing and developing the event.

He could have developed any of these ideas in X-men #25 to #30. Heck, he should have developed Synch/Talon relationship more even further back, instead of wasting time trying to genocide the Brood.

The page where it tells us how they fell in love, falls into the same problem that Wells' Spider-man run ran into - having characters fall into hetero romance/love just because they are the only two opposite gendered individuals surviving an accelerated timeline, does not feel like real romance/love. You can bet that if Cyclops and Wolverine were trapped in the Vault for thousands of years, fighting side by side, that they would not automatically pair into lovers (no matter how much -shippers and Hickman-throuples would want). In fact, people would immediately dismiss that as bad writing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm really confused about the timeline. The last issue ended with Wolverine, Ms. Marvel and Kate returning from Latveria and seeing the base trashed and everyone missing. Synch and Talon were both there for the beginning of that mission. FotHoX starts with Cyclops' trial underway, with Wolverine and Colossus under the facility trying to get him out. This issue is pre-trial, the base is fine and no mention of it being attacked, Ms. Marvel is present, and then Talon "dies" on the mission to Counter-Earth. The base is intact when Synch returns, and Ms. Marvel is there acting like everything is fine.

Am I wrong or is this timeline completely borked?
    It is pretty confusing.

X-men 28: Presumably, Firestar passed on information on how to deactivate the poisoned drugs, but the X-men team only discuss information on Cyclops bomb and Doom's mutants.
    X-men 28 shows Synch and Talon assigning Kamala and Kitty to go to Latveria (and meet up with Wolverine).
    X-men 29 ending shows the 3 of them returning to a destroyed base.
    X-men 30 starts (with the issue saying it is Present Day) in an intact base with Synch, Talon, and Ms. Marvel.
    X-men 30 ends with Ms. Marvel asking Synch who is is talking to, with the base still intact.

As you said, things that happen in FotHoX are likely happening after all these issues. But it is still confusing about how the trashed base vs intact base and Synch present vs Kamala wondering where Synch and Talon are.

Duggan is just getting rid of all those pointless plots he created during his run in the most uninspired way.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Agreed. This was a speed run of an issue, to address how things get into place for Fall of House of X.

What is ridiculous is that Duggan (along with Gillen) is involved with the development of the event. It's not like he is just some writer whose story is being disrupted by needing to be an event tie-in. He is in charge of pacing and developing the event.

He could have developed any of these ideas in X-men #25 to #30. Heck, he should have developed Synch/Talon relationship more even further back, instead of wasting time trying to genocide the Brood.

The page where it tells us how they fell in love, falls into the same problem that Wells' Spider-man run ran into - having characters fall into hetero romance/love just because they are the only two opposite gendered individuals surviving an accelerated timeline, does not feel like real romance/love. You can bet that if Cyclops and Wolverine were trapped in the Vault for thousands of years, fighting side by side, that they would not automatically pair into lovers (no matter how much -shippers and Hickman-throuples would want). In fact, people would immediately dismiss that as bad writing.
    The main thing I dislike about the ship is its odd endorsement of co-dependency. Synch started off having an interesting dynamic with Jean and Scott, but by year 2 they make it clear that he’s depressed/ not doing well largely because of the Laura situation. And instead of reconnecting with olds friends or doing anything to work through those feelings in a healthy way the book just pops out Old Laura so he doesn’t have to deal with those underlying issues (which May have been there since he was resurrected the first time). And this version of Laura seemingly doesn’t want anything to do with her family or HER old friends, so the two have essentially created a situation where they’re the only ones who matter to each other. And now they’re literally one person. MAYBE the book is going to address it, but I don’t trust Duggan to add anything meaningful to the conversation.

Well, this is the start of Synch's villain story. I'm here for it.

Also, of all the powers you can use against HE, you pick Claws....
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-17-2024 at 02:57 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I didnt get that at all from anything I read today

I don’t know much about HE but is he immune to telepathy? Synch just embarrassed Luminous so why not do the same thing to Herb? Even if he is immune use some TK/Magneto powers and crush him like a soda can. I understand why it went down the drain at it did but it was kind of odd. The best bit was the stuff with Scott and Jean,I am very curious to see where that is going. I definitely think this issue should’ve come out before Fall of X. This definitely seems like it takes place before those events.

I did enjoy the book overall and even though Noto isn’t the best at action, I think he fit this story pretty well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Also, of all the powers you can use against HE, you pick Claws....
    The way I read it post-reveal, is that those frames are the spoilers:
    fabricated story he tells Talon in his head making it look like they easily won just by slugging it out
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t know much about HE but is he immune to telepathy? Synch just embarrassed Luminous so why not do the same thing to Herb? Even if he is immune use some TK/Magneto powers and crush him like a soda can. I understand why it went down the drain at it did but it was kind of odd. The best bit was the stuff with Scott and Jean,I am very curious to see where that is going. I definitely think this issue should’ve come out before Fall of X. This definitely seems like it takes place before those events.

I did enjoy the book overall and even though Noto isn’t the best at action, I think he fit this story pretty well.
    HE has fought entire teams of X-Men and Avengers before, he's in a whole different league

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can understand Spidey being here but NORMAN!?
    Yeah Spidey has been in Bobby's, Kurt's, and Logan's books so he's aware of what's going on. I didn't know who Gold Goblin was. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    HE has fought entire teams of X-Men and Avengers before, he's in a whole different league
    And Adam Warlock recently.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah the whole setup is contrived.

Synch/Talon think they’re enough to take on HE?
    Maybe if Duggan had put in the work to show some of the powerful foes they faced in the Vault that would give them the overconfidence to take on HE. But no, instead the opposite is shown, where they both barely survive.

Also, just believing that HE would let them take the device, is so dumb. Synch is acting like he can get a free birthday cake whenever he wants just cause he said no when it was offered to him last time it was his birthday.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Yeah the whole setup is contrived.

Synch/Talon think they’re enough to take on HE?
    Maybe if Duggan had put in the work to show some of the powerful foes they faced in the Vault that would give them the overconfidence to take on HE. But no, instead the opposite is shown, where they both barely survive.

Also, just believing that HE would let them take the device, is so dumb. Synch is acting like he can get a free birthday cake whenever he wants just cause he said no when it was offered to him last time it was his birthday.
    Since most of the X-men were split up and there are only a few underground to form a team specifically for this suicide mission. Kamala isn't enough either, but she's going to be in Mile's book later on. I knew Vault Laura is going to die the moment they're about to tie up loose ends on her and Ev's relationship. Give Hebert some credit as he's been handicapped against Infinity Watch earlier and couldn't expect Everett and Vault Laura to make it out of Counter Earth easily. Everett gravely overestimated himself with Vault Laura and that's a valuable lesson to this pyrrhic result.

This issue was such a let down:
    1. Noto's art is boring. He has a very unique style, but it lacks energy.
    2. I love Ms. Marvel, but hate her in X-books. She's so "forced" now. I just want her to stretch her legs and walk her ass back to Jersey City.
    3. WTF is happening with Synch? Now this thing with Talon...this was just too much.
    I know all of this is negative, but after last week's "Rise of the Powers of X" this was a let down. And X-Men started off so strong with that first team lead by Jean and Scott with Pepe Larraz on art. *Sigh*
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is the Resurrection Engine even coming back after Fall of X?

lol
    I hope not, that cheat code took away so much of my interest in them.