Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default "April's X-Titles Assemble the Avengers, Bring Back Magneto, & More"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=270819838

By now, fans have experienced the explosive debut issues of FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, but these twin series are only the beginning of the dramatic finale to the X-Men’s acclaimed Krakoa Era!

Across exciting new limited series and tie-in issues of ongoing series, this crucial war for mutantkind’s future will unfold in a grand tapestry of brave missions, shocking revelations, and heartbreaking defeats. With the X-Men embracing a new destiny this summer, fans won’t want to miss single moment of this epic ending to an unforgettable period of their 60-year history.

The most glorious moments of the Krakoan Age are still ahead and today, fans can learn about the various X-Men related issues hitting stands in April. A stacked team of powerhouse X-Men join forces against Orchis in X-MEN #33, the success of Storm’s divine mission to bring back Magneto is revealed in RESURRECTION OF MAGNETO #4, a group of fallen X-Men confront death again in DEAD X-MEN #4, and a threat only mutantkind’s greatest soldiers can handle is unleashed in CABLE #3. In addition, the Phoenix Force burns away the remaining mysteries of the Krakoan Age in X-MEN FOREVER #2.

The mythos-shattering events of FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X will also bleed out into the wider Marvel Universe as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes join the fray in AVENGERS #11 and AVENGERS #12 while Tony Stark confronts his technology’s own role in Krakoa’s downfall in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #17.

Also in April are new pulse-pounding chapters of SABRETOOTH WAR! With last week’s opening chapter, WOLVERINE #41, fans saw why SABRETOOTH WAR was billed as the most violent Wolverine story ever told! Wolverine and Sabretooth’s momentous showdown only gets bloodier as this 10-part epic rages on in WOLVERINE #47 and #48, and it’s all leading up to the milestone WOLVERINE #50 in May!

X-MEN #33
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and Cover by JOSHUA CASSARA
    On Sale 4/3

X-Men X-ssemble! If there were ever a time to rally the troops and take the fight to the enemy, it’s NOW! Stand side by side with the X-Men as they head for their final stand! They can’t stop all of us!

RESURRECTION OF MAGNETO #4
    Written by AL EWING
    Art by LUCIANO VECCHIO
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    On Sale 4/11

Return of the King! The Master of Magnetism has returned to the world… but it is not the world he left. Nor is Magneto the same man who left it. Has death changed him for the better, or for the worse? And when he sees what Orchis has done to mutantkind…will it change him again?

WOLVERINE #47
    Written by VICTOR LAVALLE & BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by GEOFF SHAW
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 4/11

Savage escape! "Sabretooth War" – Part 7! Laura Kinney must escape the clutches of the Savage Sabretooth! Will Victor Creed’s weapon spell the end for Logan? A can’t-miss issue!
    Last edited by JB; 01-17-2024 at 03:45 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

AVENGERS #12
    Written by JED MACKAY
    Art by FRANCESCO MORTARINO
    Cover by STUART IMMONEN
    On Sale 4/3

The Fall of X comes for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! The Avengers have hung in space over the Earth, a sword of Damocles over Orchis, for too long. But knowing they had only one chance to strike, they waited while Iron Man prepared. Now, on his signal, it is time, and the Avengers only know one way to strike: hard!

AVENGERS #13
    Written by JED MACKAY
    Art by FRANCESCO MORTARINO
    Cover by JOSHUA CASSARA
    On Sale 4/18

The Avengers versus the Stark Sentinel program! Orchis’ counterstrike puts the Avengers on the back foot as the true extent of the Stark Sentinel program is revealed. Can Earth’s Mightiest Heroes stand against impossible odds? Or will they fall against the metal onslaught?

DEAD X-MEN #4
    Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by BERNARD CHANG, DAVID BALDEÓN & VINCENZO CARRATÙ
    Cover by LUCAS WERNECK
    On Sale 4/18

Everything ends! Prodigy, Dazzler, Frenzy, Cannonball, and Jubilee have gone farther and have risked more than any X-Men team before. Now, at the end of everything, the final fate of Krakoa rests on these five mutants. Will the Dead X-Men save the seed of the future…or kill it before it can even be planted?
    Last edited by JB; 01-17-2024 at 03:45 PM.

CABLE #3
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art by SCOT EATON
    Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO
    On Sale 4/25

Protect the future – no matter the cost! Cable and his younger counterpart, Nate, are closer than ever to uncovering the origins of the Neocracy and putting an end to a bloody future before it can come to pass – but each step closer also brings them further into the crosshairs of the mysterious Parvenu! With the walls closing in, there’s no one else they can trust… but with the weight of the world on their shoulders, will Cable and Nate be able to bear the burden together, or will they crumble under the weight?

WOLVERINE #48
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY & VICTOR LAVALLE
    Art by CORY SMITH
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 4/25

Creed vs. Creed! "Sabretooth War" – Part 8! It’s a family affair as Graydon Creed, the maligned son of Victor Creed, AKA Sabretooth, brings the fight to his father. The winner gets Wolverine – or…what’s left of him…!

X-MEN: FOREVER #2
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCA MARESCA
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 4/25

Immortal means forever! The fight for Krakoa's future begins here! Since RISE OF THE POWERS OF X began, there have been a few mysteries unrevealed! Now writer Kieron Gillen fills in the gap of what happened between the end of IMMORTAL X-MEN and the beginning of the end of the Krakoan Age!

Ohmy april sounds sexy as hell

Spectacular Member

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/xmen2021033_cover.jpg

Cyclops leading the Extinction Team, but where's Rogue and Gambit in the crowd? Jubes have two cover appearances so far this April.

So X-Force is indeed done with March's #50. Part of that cast may then spill over into Wolverine.

Very happy to see Askani, Jubilee, and Cannonball on the cover of X-Men Forever!

Nothing in these featuring the real Beast after he comes back. That's rather worrying.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I'll be picking up:

1. Resurrection of Magneto
    2. Dead X-Men
    3. Wolverine
    4. X-Men Forever
    5. RotPoX

Once RoM and DXM are done, it's really gonna be slim pickings leading up to the July relaunch. Despite not always loving IXM, Gillen has been bringing his A-game and has shown a lot of appreciation for his fellow X-creators so my faith is in him to tie the loose ends of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Nothing in these featuring the real Beast after he comes back. That's rather worrying.
    I doubt they want to spoil the ending of X-Force #50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Its obvious is a marketing strategy.

Officially consider me a Magneto Babe. That cover is amazing. He looks young and sexy (and powerful).

WOLVERINE #48's cover is... nightmare material indeed. It's amazingly nightmare-ish.

X-MEN: FOREVER #2
    Is this Rachel? I hate-hate-hate how she's been rendered in TH's books, her looks just don't work for me - under Mark Brooks' pen she's amazing in that costume.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Shockingly I'm actually going to be reading all of the books in April.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Graydon Creed? Didn’t he die in the late 90’s? What a time to revive him…

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So X-Force is indeed done with March's #50. Part of that cast may then spill over into Wolverine.

Very happy to see Askani, Jubilee, and Cannonball on the cover of X-Men Forever!
    Cable #3 was in the March solicits last month. Weird. Did the date slip I wonder?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Graydon Creed? Didn’t he die in the late 90’s? What a time to revive him…
    He appeared last year in LaValle’s last Sabretooth series. This is just wrapping up that plot thread.

So Fall and Rise are over but the fall will still be going on and we're adding title. I'm so confused by X-Men Forever.

This starting to feel like they are rushing the reboot to tie in with X-Men 97.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/