Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Code Name for Teresa Parker

In the first place, should she play an active role in Peter's life?

I would rather have her adventuring with Ben and Kaine!

Her codename could be Twisted Sister
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2024 at 09:14 AM.

I really like her. I hope she comes back to be a regular character in the series.

Didn't she have one in the Zdarsky run?

I would like to see her pop in intermittently.

Somebody explain it to me again. Is she older or younger? And if she's younger... (sigh).. never mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Somebody explain it to me again. Is she older or younger? And if she's younger... (sigh).. never mind..
    Younger.

Their parents had her after they left Peter with Ben and May, while they were on assignment or something (don't remember it in detail).

Of course, that's all assuming that's not all a lie. It was left ambiguous as to whether she is really Peter's sister, or some brainwashed operative trained by the guy who trained Chameleon.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I wish she was a permanent supporting cast character I want her to finally meet Aunt May, I’ve loved all the issues she’s been in.

I like Teresa as a character and I think that having someone in Peter's supporting cast that can drag him into adventures that he wouldn't otherwise go on especially if it means he needs to be in two places at once is a useful plot role.
    (I have never been a fan of the idea that Peter's parents were spies or otherwise heroic, but I must admit it explains a lot about Peter's thinking about his secret identity.)

As for a codename, she has wings, but I don't think there are any birds with an obvious partnership with spiders. There's a genus of sunbirds called spiderhunters but that maybe conveys the opposite idea.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    In the first place, should she play an active role in Peter's life?
    No, I'd honestly be happy to never see her again. Family Business is legitimately excellent but the character should have been left there.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member

Hmm... what about taking that girl from Untold Tales Of Spider-Man, Sally Avrils old guise of Bluebird when she tried to be a hero? I mean, she's deceased... a little updating of the costume, Theresa already uses wings...

That could have trademark issues in real life, as one of Batman's sidekicks is called Bluebird (Harper Row, who debuted in New 52, and lately has been new Joker sidekick Punchline's nemesis).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I like Teresa and would like to see her more often - her history and backstory mean she'd work decently in a book starring Peter, but also one w/Ben, Kaine, or even Jessica Drew. As to a codename, Condor is a Marvel character name that could get repurposed.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I’d go with Peregrine. It works great for her since it’s essentially Falcon without using the name since it’s already taken all while being deadly bird of prey.

Dragonfly could work if you change her wings to a buglike design.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I like Teresa and would like to see her more often - her history and backstory mean she'd work decently in a book starring Peter, but also one w/Ben, Kaine, or even Jessica Drew. As to a codename, Condor is a Marvel character name that could get repurposed.
    Jessica Drew makes the most sense. It would help connect Jessica to Peter more, despite spider woman being her name it feels out of place when she is around since she seems so divorced outside of spider verse things

On the code name topic:
    I think Teresa is good without a code name. She should be as grounded as a spy can be in a superhero universe. It is a nod to their parents. A story with OG Nick Fury would be interesting