Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What are your favourite Julia and Vanessa moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are your favourite Julia and Vanessa moments?
    Hmm...
    For Vanessa pretty much any of the times her and Diana have hung out and just act like siblings for one another. Oh and that time Nessie went on a vacation to Paradise Island

For Julia, I especially adored the story that told us of her life and established the Amazonian mind meld she had with another of the Amazons

Incredible Member

The mind melding I wasn't too big on. I liked Julia first giving Diana a sense of being understood. Then later, introducing Diana to her parents in Greece, and of course Julia shooting at Circe, which was badass, then using the moly to protect herself.

From Wonder Woman volume 2, Annual #1

It kind of rubs me the wrong way that Vanessa is a psycho lesbian villainess now.

RCO016_1705420234.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It kind of rubs me the wrong way that Vanessa is a psycho lesbian villainess now.

RCO016_1705420234.jpg
    I don't think he means romantic love. At least, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think he means romantic love. At least, I hope not.
    Is it a thing (or at least, not an uncommon thing) to use the words "falling in love"/"I am in love" in the context of non-romantic love between two people? I know that it is quite normal to use those words when people talk about their passion for movies ("I completely fell in love with Barbie!" or Hollywood celebs/performances/screen personas ("I just watched Wonder Woman, and I am utterly in love with Gal Gadot") or whatnot. But I have never heard the words "falling in love" in the context of looking up to someone, seeing them as siblings, or loving them platonically. Obviously, I could be wrong. Language after all is a constantly shifting, evolving thing...

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is it a thing (or at least, not an uncommon thing) to use the words "falling in love"/"I am in love" in the context of non-romantic love between two people? I know that it is quite normal to use those words when people talk about their passion for movies ("I completely fell in love with Barbie!" or Hollywood celebs/performances/screen personas ("I just watched Wonder Woman, and I am utterly in love with Gal Gadot") or whatnot. But I have never heard the words "falling in love" in the context of looking up to someone, seeing them as siblings, or loving them platonically. Obviously, I could be wrong. Language after all is a constantly shifting, evolving thing...
    Like I said, I hope it isn't romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yes, it is used.

But, if you want a sadder copium: Tom King isn't precisely known for writing LGTB characters. Like, i think he has written two in his entire career? Can't see it happening here because it would mean to bring up Diana's sexuality, something that is a no-no for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Yes, it is used.

But, if you want a sadder copium: Tom King isn't precisely known for writing LGTB characters. Like, i think he has written two in his entire career? Can't see it happening here because it would mean to bring up Diana's sexuality, something that is a no-no for DC.
    I think it's even creepier if it's non-romantic

Incredible Member

Is DC seriously ignoring the fact that Diana is a confirmed bisexual? After all the positive press it got?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Is DC seriously ignoring the fact that Diana is a confirmed bisexual? After all the positive press it got?
    Yes, they are. Greg Rucka wanted her to be bisexual but DC forbade it. They can't and won't advertise Diana as LGBTQ due to political and business reasons. That's why they made Nubia queer or lesbian and her brother Jason bisexual, to have a member of Diana's supporting cast be LGBT instead.
    Last edited by Veni; 02-04-2024 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Yes, they are. Greg Rucka wanted her to be bisexual but DC forbade it. They can't and won't advertise Diana as LGBTQ due to political and business reasons. That's why they made Nubia queer or lesbian, to have a member of Diana's supporting cast be LGBT instead.
    Diana has been with women in else-worlds but DC seems allergic to her being with a woman in the cannon universe.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Diana has been with women in else-worlds but DC seems allergic to her being with a woman in the cannon universe.
    Cowardice, pretty much.

Fantastic Member

I do think he means romantic love in the case of Vanessa. A big part of the fandom ship Diana with some of her female villains especially Cheetah. So I could see King wanting to bring in some more LGBT in the series since Etta isn't being used and he doesn't view Cheetah as a villain. Obviously Vanessa isn't something that isn't going to happen though. Which might play in to King's writing which can be a little sullen, with a unachievable love from Vanessa.