Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Huntresses future JSA

Is it just me but, after reading the first issue of Justice Society of America that Helena Wayne aka Huntress that her Justice Society of the future looked more like a version of Justice Society Dark with members like Solomon Grundy, the Gentleman Ghost and Doctor Fate
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

It also had The Mist, Power Girl, and Ruby, who are more traditional super hero/villain types. Apparently all of the obvious choices were already dead or refused to rejoin except for Kara. Stargirl and The Boom (who by that point would be Starwoman and The Flash), being young enough to still be active (they're teens now so would only be in their early 40s at the oldest even then) but not rejoining, for example. Jay and Alan are implied to be dead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-19-2024 at 06:59 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Is it just me but, after reading the first issue of Justice Society of America that Helena Wayne aka Huntress that her Justice Society of the future looked more like a version of Justice Society Dark with members like Solomon Grundy, the Gentleman Ghost and Doctor Fate
    I prefer JSO- Justice Society of Outsiders but JSD works too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-19-2024 at 04:57 PM.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I did re-read the Justice Society of America & the New Golden Age and they do seem to be more of a Justice Society Dark team
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

They struck me as a version the Marvel Avengers Cap's crazy quartet. Reformed super-villains as part of a super-hero team.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    They struck me as a version the Marvel Avengers Cap's crazy quartet. Reformed super-villains as part of a super-hero team.
    Nice comparison!

Extraordinary Member

Why is this Mist always lumped in with the other reformed villains?
    He’s the son of a Starman and the grandson of the original Starman.
    He’s more of a JSA legacy than this version of the Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    His story wasn't shown beyond his connection to Jack. So there's a possibility he had a checkered past in Helena's timeline. In the current timeline, he's said to be around 5 years old.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-20-2024 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jack's son and Helena have a lot in common with their parentage. Hero father, villain mother. I also think that Kyle is Johns' way of connecting Jack Knight to this JSA without going against any kind of a hands off approach to Jack.Knight.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    They're usually called the Kooky Quartet, not Crazy. But yeah, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch did indeed all start as villains, in Iron Man and X-Men, and that is a lot like the future JSA where everyone except PG and Huntress (and maybe Mist) are ex-villains.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Huntress' future JSA had none of the confirmed Justice Society Dark members (Mister Miracle, Oberon, Zatara, and Diamond Jack). The connection to the Justice Society Dark was Solomon Grundy who was successfully recruited by the Huntress, but Doctor Fate, Salem, and Mister Terrific ended up fighting in issue #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    I'd be into a JSD spinoff.