Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The preview was amazing. The suit was amazing. The Shocker looks so cool!

I love that Earth-6160's Peter and Mary Jane wear these long trench coats. It looks really cool. Also, I am loving how she does a double-take on Peter. "Hmm....something's different."

She must notice the lack of glasses.

It's going to be a long, hard wait to late February. The preview looks incredible.

I haven't been this excited and looking forward to a new Spider-Man issue in a very long time.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Mighty Member

Can't wait for this! Artwork looks stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She must notice the lack of glasses.
    Or the addition on the toned muscles.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

The more I think about it, the more I kinda want a different Spidey suit, I know future solicitation of issues was released and we seen him in the traditional suit with a different spider emblem. But I kinda want to see what a new different Spidey suit would look like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I kinda want a different Spidey suit, I know future solicitation of issues was released and we seen him in the traditional suit with a different spider emblem. But I kinda want to see what a new different Spidey suit would look like.
    I'd like to as well because of Marco Checchetto's designs for Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Elektra/Daredevil, Green Goblin and Shocker.

The new suit looks badass. I wonder what's it with those plates under the shoes.

One thing about that art: there's a panel of Peter talking to Shocker while he's pointing a finger, and I feel as if I'd be able to tell it was meant to be Peter as Spider-man even if I didn't know already. And yet, it's not contorted or exaggerated at all. It's a weird feeling that an artist should be somehow able to do that when they don't have a long-established body of work on that character and when they're not imitating someone else's style.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    One thing about that art: there's a panel of Peter talking to Shocker while he's pointing a finger, and I feel as if I'd be able to tell it was meant to be Peter as Spider-man even if I didn't know already. And yet, it's not contorted or exaggerated at all. It's a weird feeling that an artist should be somehow able to do that when they don't have a long-established body of work on that character and when they're not imitating someone else's style.
    He had decades of frame of reference, I guess. Pretty sure most comic creators are fans.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 01-20-2024 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Chechetto's drawn plenty of Spidey in guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    Same. Keep the color scheme red and blue but a bigger shakeup design wise would be welcome. Course the 1610 suit was basically the same as the 616 suit, and 6160 does take some cues from the old Ultimate Universe even while it forces its own path.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I would prefer they keep the classic suit depicted on the covers. I don't really like most of the recent redesigns like Amazing Spider-Man 1, Insomniac. They just come off as bad imitations of a better design. Even in the MCU, the final swing suit from No Way Home is the best look Holland has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I would prefer they keep the classic suit depicted on the covers. I don't really like most of the recent redesigns like Amazing Spider-Man 1, Insomniac. They just come off as bad imitations of a better design. Even in the MCU, the final swing suit from No Way Home is the best look Holland has had.
    yup once i unlock that suit in spiderman 2 that was main suit i left on for the rest of the game. sucks there is still no new game plus yet would love to see how it looked in previous cutscenes
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fjmac View Post
    Bonah.

OK, I'll show myself out...
    I appreciate you.