Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Ultimate Spider-Man' #2 First Look

There's something fitting about his first villain being a new Ultimate Shocker, though he seems like less of a joke. Man, Herman must really work out here.

MJ's slaying in that outfit.

Also some old men in a sauna.

Fantastic Member

What are we thinking for the webs? Part of the spider powers or built into the suit?

Art wise it looks phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    What are we thinking for the webs? Part of the spider powers or built into the suit?

6160 Peter doesn’t seem to be very into science given he works at the Bugle and was confused by Tony’s techno babble. I think he’ll have organic webs. Unless Tony made webshooters for him and included them in the suit
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

So far I think this is part of the suit. Can't rule out the possibility of it being 1610 Venom yet. Not after the Maker lobotomized it.

Ultimate Member

So, this Spider-man's default suit is similar the 616 black suit.

I like that.

Astonishing Member

SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED

Man, it feels so great to be excited about a Spider-Man comic again. I don’t know where this going and I don’t want to know, I don’t have any preconceptions, I’m just over the moon to have a preview that makes me thrilled instead of rolling my eyes and dreading just how bad the actual issue will be.

SO EXCITED!
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

That sauna scene was made for Ben x Jonah shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if we are going to see John Jameson at all.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    6160 Peter doesn’t seem to be very into science given he works at the Bugle and was confused by Tony’s techno babble. I think he’ll have organic webs. Unless Tony made webshooters for him and included them in the suit
    I think Tony would've probably mentioned the web-shooters along with the spider and the suit, so I agree with you that this Peter most likely has organic webs. Especially considering the Checchetto concept art variant cover for USM #1 shows post-bite Peter having these bulging veins along his hand and forearm that stem from the bite.

I do think there's a good chance though that this "picotech stealth suit" might actually be a 1610 symbiote though, considering that the Maker managed to turn them docile and "perfected" the formula during Donny Cates' Venom run and there's at least a handful of rather notable callbacks visually to the 616 and 1610 Symbiotes here. The tiny black orb inside Tony's metallic ball that becomes the suit in issue 1 looks pretty identical to how the 616 symbiote first looked when Peter acquired it in the original Secret Wars and this all black, logoless suit in issue 2 looks pretty spot on to how the symbiote suit initially looked when Peter first put it on in 1610.

Also, as an aside, it looks to me like Mary Jane's new business that she started last year is either some sort of bar or a pub restaurant.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Bonah.

OK, I'll show myself out...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we are going to see John Jameson at all.
    There was an implication in the first issue that Jonah wasn't married. Nothing to say he couldn't be divorced or widowed though

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The preview was amazing. The suit was amazing. The Shocker looks so cool!

I love that Earth-6160's Peter and Mary Jane wear these long trench coats. It looks really cool. Also, I am loving how she does a double-take on Peter. "Hmm....something's different."

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by fjmac View Post
    Bonah.

OK, I'll show myself out...

This artwork is fantastic . Can't wait.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

I hope he tells her, as I mention before Peter and MJ should be a team, no secret.