Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Amazing Fantasy Friday: What if Thor and ______ had a baby?!??

What if Marvel decided to introduce a new character that is the child of the almighty Thor? Who would you like to see as the mother of this child and what powers, if any, would you give said child?

Simple Rules: Given that children can be conceived through both mystical and scientific means in this amazing fictional universe, there are almost no limitations as to who the other parent is. But there is one limitation: Thor cannot conceive the child by himself; there must be at least one other co-parent that contributed to the creation of the child in some way.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

"You have given me a lot to think about" [standard answer when you don't want to say something else]

The obvious idea is to create some combination or synthesis of powers. So an idea or two.

Spider Woman, Jessica Drew. Since her genes were modified by the High Evolutionary (her origin has not been changed?)
    I'm not sure what 'new' powers might derive. I suppose the strength of this child could be increased.
    Since Thor's weather abilities are more or less innate/magical would this child have controls over other things, like

spiders or those with spider dna? That's all I got. Flying, speed are indicated for sure, and maybe power blasts that are much stronger.

MoonDragon once wanted to mate with Thor, quite a while back. MD strikes me as about the closet a human can get to godhood.
    But it was through what happened on Titan, even before other increases to her ability. She already rivaled Prof X or pretty close.
    Such a child would probably be trained as both Thor and Heather were, some way that again enhances mental powers but also the ability to learn extreme martial prowess.

When I think about it, the main ingredient is that Asgardian genes/DNA probably give a more invulnerable and stronger physiology and that will always be the main power of these children.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Haven't come up with any good Thor offspring of my own, but here is what I could find on what has already been published!

Most of thor's children are assumed to be durable and super-humanly strong, so I will focus on what sets them apart.

Modi (w/Sif), Magni(w/Jarnsaxa, a giantess) and Thrud (w/Sif). Thor's children from mythology, whose names translate roughly to "Wrath", "Mighty" and "Strength"

Baldur Blake (w.Amora). [Earth 9811]. Thor's son from a timeline where the heroes and villains of Secret Wars never returned to Earth. While unable to lift Mjolnir, he has a talent for sorcery inherited from his mother.

Brigid (w. unknown). [Earth 20368]. Thor's Daughter from a dystopian earth that had been turned into a radioactive ruin. Tall and powerfully built, she worked as a blacksmith.Proved herself worthy of Mjolnir.

Daughters of Thunder (Frigg, Ellisiv, Atli). [Earth 14412] Thor's grandaughters from a far-future timeline.

Magni (w/Amora). [Earth 3515]. Thor's Son from a timeline where Thor and the Asgardians have conquered earth. Despite coming from a darker timeline, Magni is heroic, and proves himself worthy of Mjolnir.

Modi (w. Hela). [Earth 1610]. Thor's son from the original Ultimate timeline. A villainous sorcerer, mentored by Loki and sent to earth as a conqueror, wielding the Mind infinity stone.

Thena (w. unknown)[Earth 982]. Thor's Daughter from the M2 timeless. Has powers of flight and weather control. Does not wield Mjolnir, preferring to use her own unique hammer instead.

Torunn (w/Sif).[Earth 55326]. Thor's Daughter from the Next Avengers timeline. Arrogant and prideful, she learns humility after coping with her own mortality. Wields an enchanted sword and can control lightning.

Woden (w.Sif). [Earth 691]. Thor's Son from a far-future timeline. Gains Mjolnir once his father becomes a out of shape drunken shadow of his former self.

If Thor and She-Hulk’s short lived relationship were followed up on in some alternate reality…

…I imagine their daughter would be a pretty, asskicking, fun loving character.

I always wondered what kind of a kid Thor and Sersi would end up having.... an Asgardian Eternal of either gender would be pretty epic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-20-2024 at 02:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    What if Marvel decided to introduce a new character that is the child of the almighty Thor? Who would you like to see as the mother of this child and what powers, if any, would you give said child?

Simple Rules: Given that children can be conceived through both mystical and scientific means in this amazing fictional universe, there are almost no limitations as to who the other parent is. But there is one limitation: Thor cannot conceive the child by himself; there must be at least one other co-parent that contributed to the creation of the child in some way.
    I was a huge fan of the Young Avengers conceit of introducing some new young heroes who *looked,* on the surface, like legacies of certain characters, but were in fact legacies of completely different characters. (Asgardian and Hulkling, actually legacies of the Scarlet Witch and Captain Mar-Vell!)

So, I created Longbow. A tall super-strong archer with the ability to shoot up to 9' tall and be about 3-4x stronger and tougher in that form. Her outfit has a Kirby-esque design esthetic that wouldn't look out of place on a Hawkeye legacy (and the size-changing even hints at his time as Goliath!).

But she's a Thor legacy. Her mother was the half-giant/half-Vanir Skadi, goddess of archery, winter, hunting and, uh, skiing? Her mom, ages and ages ago, before Thor had even earned the right to carry Mjolnir and still ran around with a sword and his three drinking buddies, getting into shenanigans, hooked up with Skadi when she was in Asgard selling the goods (furs, drake hides, etc.) she had gained hunting on the frontiers. Being young Thor, he was off on a new adventure the next day, and Skadi was not thrilled to have been a pump and dump.

A thousand or more years later, time flows differently in Asgard, her hunting buddy Uller came back from Asgard with a *hilarious* tale about how that punk Thor had so pissed off his dad with his irresponsible frat-boy ways that he'd been stripped of Mjolnir, banished to Earth and, get this, *turned into a mortal!* A crippled mortal! A *healer!* Forced to tend other mortals with hurts like a shepherd tending his flock! They laughed and laughed.

Skadi had to see this humiliation for herself. Not that she had been holding a grudge, for like centuries, not at all... So she called on an old arrangement with Heimdall, who would allow the hunt-gods who manned Asgard's frontiers to travel the rainbow bridge to other realms, such as Midgard, in pursuit of some drake or frost wolf or giant who had strayed from their places, and traveled to Earth to see this for herself, calling upon the old magics when she arrived to spin herself a glamer as a mortal woman. She faked a skiing injury, and arranged a meeting with this 'Dr. Donald Blake,' who had no idea that an angry ex of Thor's was in his exam room, faking a sprain. In the journey of a thousand seemingly reasonable steps, which leads us to totally unexpected places, she decided to 'get him back' by seducing this fragile mortal frame Thor was trapped within, and laughed as she returned to Asgard.

The joke was less funny when she turned out to be pregnant. And the hits kept coming, as the healers determined that her child was fragile, a weak half-human, barely able to thrive in her half-giant / half-god frame. She gave birth to a tiny pale daughter, barely any hint of her own blue pallor (from her frost giant heritage), and she knew right away that the child was too weak to survive the rigors of the Asgardian hinterlands, where Skadi lived and hunted, and after Heimdall forbade her to return to Earth full-time to raise her child, as she had duties on the borderlands, left her child with a pair of ex-biker Asatru, living on a farm in Minnesota. A visit from one of their *gods,* and a gift of mild winters over their farm, Asgardian leathers, a gold coin and an apple of Idunn to split between them each year, heartily convinced the Stevensons to raise Saga, the daughter of Skadi, as their own.

Every winter, Skadi would come to Earth to visit, and when Saga was old enough, would take her on hunting trips, first to places on Earth, but later to other realms entirely. Now clad in a mixture of frost wolf pelt cape and ice drake scale tunic ('mom' won't let her wear anything she hasn't killed herself), and with a bow crafted from the antlers of an Asgardian stag, Saga can call upon her giantish heritage to slightly increase her size from it's already impressive six feet, and her already superhuman strength and durability, so much that she can shoot an Uru-tipped arrow with enough force to penetrate a battleship's hull when grown! Using 'the old magics,' she can also whip up a whirl of snow that obscures her for a second and summons her armor, knives and longbow, with hip-quiver filled with uru-tipped arrows. A reversal of that charm, and she's back to jeans, boots and flannels, no hint of the giant blue demigoddess!

And Saga Skadisdottir (Stevenson, on Earth) still has no idea that the 'weak' father that mom never talks about was the mortal identity of Thor!

(Cause there aren't enough super-powered archers out there! And it tickles my funny bone to have a Thor legacy who inherits nothing from Thor, but pale skin and blonde hair!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-20-2024 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

If Thor and She-Hulk’s short lived relationship were followed up on in some alternate reality…

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was a huge fan of the Young Avengers conceit of introducing some new young heroes who *looked,* on the surface, like legacies of certain characters, but were in fact legacies of completely different characters. (Asgardian and Hulkling, actually legacies of the Scarlet Witch and Captain Mar-Vell!)

So, I created Longbow. A tall super-strong archer with the ability to shoot up to 9' tall and be about 3-4x stronger and tougher in that form. Her outfit has a Kirby-esque design esthetic that wouldn't look out of place on a Hawkeye legacy (and the size-changing even hints at his time as Goliath!).

But she's a Thor legacy. Her mother was the half-giant/half-Vanir Skadi, goddess of archery, winter, hunting and, uh, skiing? Her mom, ages and ages ago, before Thor had even earned the right to carry Mjolnir and still ran around with a sword and his three drinking buddies, getting into shenanigans, hooked up with Skadi when she was in Asgard selling the goods (furs, drake hides, etc.) she had gained hunting on the frontiers. Being young Thor, he was off on a new adventure the next day, and Skadi was not thrilled to have been a pump and dump.

A thousand or more years later, time flows differently in Asgard, her hunting buddy Uller came back from Asgard with a *hilarious* tale about how that punk Thor had so pissed off his dad with his irresponsible frat-boy ways that he'd been stripped of Mjolnir, banished to Earth and, get this, *turned into a mortal!* A crippled mortal! A *healer!* Forced to tend other mortals with hurts like a shepherd tending his flock! They laughed and laughed.

Skadi had to see this humiliation for herself. Not that she had been holding a grudge, for like centuries, not at all... So she called on an old arrangement with Heimdall, who would allow the hunt-gods who manned Asgard's frontiers to travel the rainbow bridge to other realms, such as Midgard, in pursuit of some drake or frost wolf or giant who had strayed from their places, and traveled to Earth to see this for herself, calling upon the old magics when she arrived to spin herself a glamer as a mortal woman. She faked a skiing injury, and arranged a meeting with this 'Dr. Donald Blake,' who had no idea that an angry ex of Thor's was in his exam room, faking a sprain. In the journey of a thousand seemingly reasonable steps, which leads us to totally unexpected places, she decided to 'get him back' by seducing this fragile mortal frame Thor was trapped within, and laughed as she returned to Asgard.

The joke was less funny when she turned out to be pregnant. And the hits kept coming, as the healers determined that her child was fragile, a weak half-human, barely able to thrive in her half-giant / half-god frame. She gave birth to a tiny pale daughter, barely any hint of her own blue pallor (from her frost giant heritage), and she knew right away that the child was too weak to survive the rigors of the Asgardian hinterlands, where Skadi lived and hunted, and after Heimdall forbade her to return to Earth full-time to raise her child, as she had duties on the borderlands, left her child with a pair of ex-biker Asatru, living on a farm in Minnesota. A visit from one of their *gods,* and a gift of mild winters over their farm, Asgardian leathers, a gold coin and an apple of Idunn to split between them each year, heartily convinced the Stevensons to raise Saga, the daughter of Skadi, as their own.

Every winter, Skadi would come to Earth to visit, and when Saga was old enough, would take her on hunting trips, first to places on Earth, but later to other realms entirely. Now clad in a mixture of frost wolf pelt cape and ice drake scale tunic ('mom' won't let her wear anything she hasn't killed herself), and with a bow crafted from the antlers of an Asgardian stag, Saga can call upon her giantish heritage to slightly increase her size from it's already impressive six feet, and her already superhuman strength and durability, so much that she can shoot an Uru-tipped arrow with enough force to penetrate a battleship's hull when grown! Using 'the old magics,' she can also whip up a whirl of snow that obscures her for a second and summons her armor, knives and longbow, with hip-quiver filled with uru-tipped arrows. A reversal of that charm, and she's back to jeans, boots and flannels, no hint of the giant blue demigoddess!

And Saga Skadisdottir (Stevenson, on Earth) still has no idea that the 'weak' father that mom never talks about was the mortal identity of Thor!

(Cause there aren't enough super-powered archers out there! And it tickles my funny bone to have a Thor legacy who inherits nothing from Thor, but pale skin and blonde hair!)
    Cool pitches.

I'm surprised that an alternate future version of the children of Thor and Scarlet Witch haven't been explored yet. Both longtime Avengers, some circumstance could bring them together. The children would have natural affinity for magic (and mentored by their mother), reminding Thor of his brother Loki, but he would encourage them to train heavily in battle as he had to. And Uncle Loki would be scheming to turn their magic skills in a potentially destructive direction.

All-New Member

That looks like fan art of She-Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by anansi View Post
    That looks like fan art of She-Dragon
    ^^^Because it is.

A child from Thor and spoilers:
    Female Loki
    end of spoilers!?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Female Loki
    end of spoilers!?
    Eww barely covers that concept

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Female Loki
    end of spoilers!?
    Ah, from spoilers:
    when Loki was in Sif's body.
    end of spoilers
    hmmm... depends on how raised I guess? Genetically should be the same as several of the others.

One that occurred to me: Who in Thor's stories has had reason to want to seduce him that's not Hela or Amora? The Svartalfr queen: Alflyse

Alflyse once tried to marry Thor, but that went wrong because the man she thought was Thor was actually Hercules. It's kinda said that Thor had a much different opinion of her than Herc, and thus no interest in marrying her, but... Alflyse had interest in making Thor her consort. The bit about how Alflyse only got mad at Herc for lying to her was interesting, but that's because she was genuinely trying to forge an "alliance" with Thor.

I still question if Hercules's interactions with Alflyse may have given her a child. Yeah Greek demi-god mixed with a Dark Elf... that could be fun. But in an alt-timeline... maybe Alflyse could find a way to get Thor to give her a child?

Hmmm the only example we've seen in canon is a guy who was born with an innate gift for shapeshifting, but I don't think that'd be typical... since neither parent does that. But it is common for Dark Elves to have illusion magic. Hmm... a child of Thor with similar strength, but also Svartalfr magic to create illusions in combat? hmm... that's got potential. Also the Svartalfr weakness to cold iron seem weakened with mixed blood lines.

All-New Member

^^^Because it is.
    It's funny you use fan art of her since she started as a parody of She-Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eww barely covers that concept
    Nothing wrong with it as long as both are consenting adults. (and unless Loki tricks Thor by pretending to be somebody else)

I can imagine some child with the ability to turn themselve into rain, into storms, into blizzard...
    They would use their power to do mostly harmless pranks to humans, like raining on a party, or turning into snow during a summer at the beach.
    Occasionnaly, they would also help people and save the day.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way