Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    As always, it was Claremont work who made the character for me. Yes, he was a pretty one dimensional character before his death, it was the work done by Claremont after that made me a fan. Hopefully he gets to land in a team in the future.
    He would be totally wasted by this story alone. I would also want see to see him on a team or maybe make an appearance in Wolverine because they were rivals if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    John.
    Nice to see this moment was homaged in John's GIANT SIZE X-MEN issue

I would also want see to see him on a team or maybe make an appearance in Wolverine because they were rivals if I remember correctly.
    An anachronistic moment between John and Logan might be interesting. John still seeing the rivalry, such as it was, still fresh and Logan having long discarded the comparison.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    An anachronistic moment between John and Logan might be interesting. John still seeing the rivalry, such as it was, still fresh and Logan having long discarded the comparison
    What's anachronistic is the racist quips back in "Giant-Size X-Men #1."(between various members) I'm sure it came across as wise-cracks at the time, but reading it nowadays is a bit jarring.

James. Before he became a hero.

Jesus, Rogue
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Nice to see this moment was homaged in John's GIANT SIZE X-MEN issue

An anachronistic moment between John and Logan might be interesting. John still seeing the rivalry, such as it was, still fresh and Logan having long discarded the comparison.

First comment and scan: I think that's great that they homaged it, though can't say I'm a fan of his new look.

Second comment and scan: Logan being at a different place now and Johns some of his last memories are of them butting heads just before he died would definitely be interesting if he wanted to start something up again.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-25-2024 at 02:53 AM.

In all the adaptations of the X-lore, I've missed seeing the set for Ororo's attic brought to life. Partially because of this exchange between John and Ororo...

... a relationship that was intriguing...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

In all the adaptations of the X-lore, I've missed seeing the set for Ororo's attic brought to life. Partially because of this exchange between John and Ororo...

... a relationship that was intriguing...

May not be a popular opinion, but I love this edge John had about him. The insecurity and resulting bravado is something everyone can relate to.

I want to see Thunderbird John in the new X-Men project, whatever it is. He has never been depicted in live action yet. Time to give him some spotlight. And I'm uninterested in seeing him blow up on a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see Thunderbird John in the new X-Men project, whatever it is. He has never been depicted in live action yet. Time to give him some spotlight. And I'm uninterested in seeing him blow up on a plane.
    Uh? Actually, he has (granted, the portrayal was more a mix with James).

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    May not be a popular opinion, but I love this edge John had about him. The insecurity and resulting bravado is something everyone can relate to.
    It is what I like about him too. I really like what Claremont did to differentiate him from Logan in the little time he spent writing him.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

In the Krakoa era they glossed over John resurrection. Instead of just James John should have had a moment with the all New all different cast. Seeing him talk with Xavier and cyclops would have been awesome
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Im hoping they pop up in the mcu X-men.

Good scans. I wanted to post the Bolton ones by my scanner isn't compatible with my new computer. The ones I posted were old that I scanned with my old computer. Sigh!

I also enjoy this characterization.