Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Personally before they create another family member, like a sister in the fold, can we get a great Jimmy storyline. The X-men is so diluted character wise now. And Jimmy is barely being use. When was the last time he actually had a story arc. I have not read everything but I have seen John out their more and it makes sense with his abrasive personality. As a writer you want and need conflict and John's character will bring you a ton of that.

Ultimate Member

A Jimmy storyline to me that would be good for him is pair him up with Siryn romantically given that they bring out the best in each other for starters. Both could use a good run in a meaningful book.

Mighty Member

Jimmy vs the Winter Guard. This show how powerful Jimmy is. The speed he has in this page show that he is such a formidable opponent. You rarely he him written and drawn in such a dynamic way anymore. At least I have not seen it. If there has been good showings, please post the stories where he has a good showing in recent years.

warpath vs the winter guard 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Personally before they create another family member, like a sister in the fold, can we get a great Jimmy storyline. The X-men is so diluted character wise now. And Jimmy is barely being use. When was the last time he actually had a story arc. I have not read everything but I have seen John out their more and it makes sense with his abrasive personality. As a writer you want and need conflict and John's character will bring you a ton of that.
    Yeah, right now between John being the "newer, less developed character", and his personality being better for creating conflict, I can see Jimmy being sidelined for a while, which, although I am loving the way John is being written, is not something that I want to see happening. I do understand why the Steves decided to have John go on its own though, as I said Jimmy would act too much like a buffer for his brother and they want to develop those relationships for John on his own. He has a Cyclops/Wolverine dynamic already with Dani, and they are developing a nice rivalry with Shatterstar (although Shatty was definitely getting flirty with him too). I just hope there's enough to do for the both of them

Jimmy vs the Winter Guard. This show how powerful Jimmy is. The speed he has in this page show that he is such a formidable opponent. You rarely he him written and drawn in such a dynamic way anymore. At least I have not seen it. If there has been good showings, please post the stories where he has a good showing in recent years.

warpath vs the winter guard 3.jpg
    Between his strength, speed and skill Jimmy should be a powerhouse, he just needs to have a writer willing to write him as such. I said this before but I actually liked how the Steves portrayed both brothers fighting styles, and having the bigger brother show more agility and speed and John just be a tank. Somehow I liked the visuals of that, as it made for an unexpected fight.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 02-06-2024 at 02:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Between his strength, speed and skill Jimmy should be a powerhouse, he just need to have a writer willing to write him as such. I said this before but I actually liked how the Steves portrayed both brothers fighting styles, and having the bigger brother show more agility and speed and John just be a tank. Somehow I liked the visuals of that, as it made for an unexpected fight.
    Which book is that in? And is it worth picking up?

Mighty Member

More Warpath stabbing things in the Brubaker run:

warpath crushing.jpg

I love Warpath AND Thunderbird. Hope to see much more of both them!

Which book is that in? And is it worth picking up?
    The fight against Crule in Unlimited 122.

Mighty Member

For Jimmy, besides the Brubaker's X-men run and the old school 1990s X-Force runs, are there any good Warpath stories out there? I have the 2009 X-force run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A interview with the creatives behind the big return of John Proudstar and they detail the significance of some of the native details of his costume. Writer Nyla Rose and Artist David Cutler are both of American Indigenous tribes.

I am not a big fan of Johns's costume.

T-bird.jpg

And why would a character who is a durable as he is have on knee pads/protectors? I guess it's his ex miliary history. I don't mind the colors but the design is just meh.

For Jimmy, besides the Brubaker's X-men run and the old school 1990s X-Force runs, are there any good Warpath stories out there? I have the 2009 X-force run.
    You could check out the New Mutants issues where he and the Hellions appear. Theres also the X-Men anniversary issue (Uncanny X-Men 193) where he takes on the X-Men to avenge his brothers and actually manages to defeat them (he goes one on one with Wolverine).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 02-07-2024 at 04:50 PM.

I am not a big fan of Johns's costume.

T-bird.jpg

And why would a character who is a durable as he is have on knee pads/protectors? I guess it's his ex miliary history. I don't mind the colors but the design is just meh.
    I am, I think it is time for comics (and all media in general) to move away from stereotypical depictions of NA characters, and Thunderbird is straight out of the 70s with the long hair, headband, and Thunderbird motif that has nothing to do with Apache beliefs and traditions. And yes, they tried to incorporate some of his military background into the design, which I though it was cool to have as it represented another aspect of his identity. The kneepads? I take it as his costume might not be as indestructible as he is, so it is there more to protect it's durability than John's.

Mighty Member

You could check out the New Mutants issues where he and the Hellions appear. Theres also the X-Men anniversary issue (Uncanny X-Men 193) where he takes on the X-Men to avenge his brothers and actually manages to defeat them (he goes one on one with Wolverine).
    I have those classics. I was hoping there was some good stories with him in the past decade or so.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

... and Thunderbird motif that has nothing to do with Apache beliefs and traditions....
    Oddly enough, they're keeping the t-bird symbol for his belt buckle, at least in that image. I wonder if they ever considered renaming the character from Thunderbird to something else... like Black Sky or SoM (Slayer of Monsters)?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin