Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Helena Wayne Huntress outfit

Which Helena Wayne Huntress costume is your favorite? I am a fan of all three versions of Helena Wayne, the pre-crisis is the one that introduce us to the daughter of the Golden Age Batman and Catwoman while the new 52 version is more tactical sound and my favorite that being said the Helena Wayne from the future so not a fan of that costume, which one is your favorite just curious.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

1st choice

2nd choice
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-20-2024 at 08:03 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The one and only acceptable Helena Wayne. All others are imitations.

huntress.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

huntress.jpg
    ^^^Yeah, this isn’t the most tactical costume ever created, but it just captures the Huntress vibe perfectly.

Amazing Member

DhhuP3EVQAAmrnF.jpg

Don't know much of the Helena Wayne version, just the post-Crisis version
    The Jim Lee design is the costume she was wearing when I was first introduced to her. I've been reading the Birds of Prey trade where she joins up, I just dig her character showing up, kicking ass and being all surly.
    Out of all her looks I thought this design would be the standard bearer, has this suit fallen out of favor due to it's impracticality/ the objectifaction factor?

Amazing Member

Original is the best - but sure, it could be subtly tweaked to feel more 'current'.

How many Helena Wayne's are out there right now? We have Helena from the original Pre-crisis Helena Wayne (Huntress), Helena Wayne New 52 Earth-2 (Batman), Helena Wayne Catwoman/Batman universe (Batman), Helena Wayne Alt-Future (Huntress).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

huntress.jpg
    That is my favorite by far, but it is too dated to be used today. A modern update on it would be welcome. I hate what she's currently wearing -- pee-yoo!

Pre-Crisis! It’s a perfectly curated costume from the colors, to the heels, and the mask. It also introduced staple design features that the other Huntress’ suits that followed took from. The current outfit look unfinished and lacks personality, compared to the pre-crisis where you can see that Joe Staton incorporated themes from Pre-Crisis Batman and Catwoman’s suits into Huntress’’, while making it completely unique. I think a good way to improve this new Helena Wayne's suit is by giving using the original color scheme (Purple, Blue, and Pink) and putting some type of emblem since Bertinelli notably has the Cross.

Helena Wayne Huntress Collage.jpg

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Dan Davis art. My favorite HUNTRESS costume.

DanDavisHuntress.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Pre-Crisis! It’s a perfectly curated costume from the colors, to the heels, and the mask. It also introduced staple design features that the other Huntress’ suits that followed took from. The current outfit look unfinished and lacks personality, compared to the pre-crisis where you can see that Joe Staton incorporated themes from Pre-Crisis Batman and Catwoman’s suits into Huntress’’, while making it completely unique. I think a good way to improve this new Helena Wayne's suit is by giving using the original color scheme (Purple, Blue, and Pink) and putting some type of emblem since Bertinelli notably has the Cross.

Helena Wayne Huntress Collage.jpg
    I'm not a huge fan of the current JSA Huntress's costume either. Having said that I think it fits with her darker future origin. I'm hoping after she's been stuck in our timeline for a little while she'll adopt a costume more fitting for the current JSA. Hopefully one that adopts more of the original Helena Wayne Huntress's costume elements. My favorite look for Bertinelli Huntress is the Jim Lee design. I think it's modern and interesting while setting her apart from Helena Wayne.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the current JSA Huntress's costume either. Having said that I think it fits with her darker future origin. I'm hoping after she's been stuck in our timeline for a little while she'll adopt a costume more fitting for the current JSA. Hopefully one that adopts more of the original Helena Wayne Huntress's costume elements. My favorite look for Bertinelli Huntress is the Jim Lee design. I think it's modern and interesting while setting her apart from Helena Wayne.
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the current JSA Huntress's costume either. Having said that I think it fits with her darker future origin. I'm hoping after she's been stuck in our timeline for a little while she'll adopt a costume more fitting for the current JSA. Hopefully one that adopts more of the original Helena Wayne Huntress's costume elements.
    Well according to Janin. the current JSA Huntress suit is supposed to have similar elements to the Pre-Crisis one, but more futuristic. I think Helena definitely needs something more present day, I agree. Ruby in issue #8 has a different look than we first saw her in the future. Hopefully the same thing happens with Helena at some point.

The Interview with Janin and Johns describing the new Huntress costume: https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...nin-interview/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Well according to Janin. the current JSA Huntress suit is supposed to have similar elements to the Pre-Crisis one, but more futuristic. I think Helena definitely needs something more present day, I agree. Ruby in issue #8 has a different look than we first saw her in the future. Hopefully the same thing happens with Helena at some point.

The Interview with Janin and Johns describing the new Huntress costume: https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...nin-interview/
    Other than the mask, I dont really see any connection to the original costume at all. I do think there would have been a better way to take the original costume and update it with something that more closely resembled it.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I love the Jim Lee costume (wish I could draw) & I like the New 52 costume to so if they were combined minus the cape it would be my ideal Huntress outfit because Helena Wayne from the future her costume is very drab
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse