Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    My favorite look for Bertinelli Huntress is the Jim Lee design. I think it's modern and interesting while setting her apart from Helena Wayne.
    I don't love his design, but I did feel it was possibly inspired by her pre-Crisis look which I appreciated. I thought the one she wore previously as illustrated by Matt Haley was pretty good. The current outfit is easily the worst thing any version of Huntress (including the Golden Age villainess) has ever worn.

This thread reminded me about the design for the cancelled Pre-Crisis Huntress series that Jerry Ordway designed. Sad that this suit never saw the light of day, I think it's an interesting redo of the original suit Helena Wayne dawned.

Jerry Ordway Huntress.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    This thread reminded me about the design for the cancelled Pre-Crisis Huntress series that Jerry Ordway designed. Sad that this suit never saw the light of day, I think it's an interesting redo of the original suit Helena Wayne dawned.

Jerry Ordway Huntress.jpg
    I love Ordway but that's a weird design. I definitely would've bought a Huntress series by him though. Especially back then. If anyone could make this design grow on me it's Ordway.

HUNTRESS 3.jpgI liked this design as well and hopefully we'll get a redesign soon cause i'm not a Fan of the Current Costume she's wearing.

I love Ordway but that's a weird design. I definitely would've bought a Huntress series by him though. Especially back then. If anyone could make this design grow on me it's Ordway.
    I agree! Still bummed we never got that Huntress series back then, but hopefully Ordway can do something with the new version.

Original for me, not crazy about anything that followed.

Well according to Janin. the current JSA Huntress suit is supposed to have similar elements to the Pre-Crisis one, but more futuristic. I think Helena definitely needs something more present day, I agree. Ruby in issue #8 has a different look than we first saw her in the future. Hopefully the same thing happens with Helena at some point.

The Interview with Janin and Johns describing the new Huntress costume: https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...nin-interview/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Amazing Member

That Ordway design is... uhm, yeah, its a design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is the purple thing center of the abdomen supposed to be an emblem or pattern within the suit design?

Is the purple thing center of the abdomen supposed to be an emblem or pattern within the suit design?
    Looks like a pattern...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

It's inferior to Staton's design. Not sure what the goal was here -- aside from changing the neckline.

Not to get off topic, but I wish Dr. Mid-Nite would go back to black/yellow color scheme -- not the outfit -- just the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looks like a pattern...
    I like the attempts of symmetry with the lines, but the suit as a whole is bland.

SIX_D95174A9-4EDE-4B18-BE61-3B73F1A5E86A.jpg

What's the general thoughts on this draft suit for the new JSA series? I like the color scheme Janin chose for it, but there's also too much lines and oddities.

SIX_D95174A9-4EDE-4B18-BE61-3B73F1A5E86A.jpg

What's the general thoughts on this draft suit for the new JSA series? I like the color scheme Janin chose for it, but there's also too much lines and oddities.
    I like it better than the final version but it is also too busy.

Astonishing Member

I've liked some designs from Janin in the past -- he did a nice update on Enchantress that was basically discarded after the first few issues of Justice League Dark. This, however, is a complete failure. Have no idea how it got onto the comic book page! The original version ain't any better -- may in fact be worse, if that's possible.