Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tron 3

Default Tron 3

Tron 3 is finally happening I hope it's more like the frist 1.

https://screenrant.com/tron-3-movie-...tart-official/

With Jared Leto, after the year of bombs they just had? Got to be some kind of “The Producers” style scam, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    With Jared Leto, after the year of bombs they just had? Got to be some kind of “The Producers” style scam, right?
    Are you saying they shouldn't make anymore big budget movies for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Huh? What do you have against Leto? Morbius wasn't that good, but wasn't a bomb, and I don't think it was bad because of him. I doubt his presence will swing this either way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's really happening!?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Huh? What do you have against Leto? Morbius wasn't that good, but wasn't a bomb, and I don't think it was bad because of him. I doubt his presence will swing this either way.
    Leto is a creepy cult leader who has an ego too big considering he is kind of a sub par actor.
    He was the worst part about films I do like such as Requiem for a Dream and Fight Club.
    His music has always been terrible, being at best generic 00's trash and his name is kind of meme for People to laugh at.

Kind of wonder if this will continue the Flynn story but there's no sign of Bridges or Hedlund, although I suppose they could've recast.

Of course there's also Tron himself who got sidelined in the movies bearing his name (Although "Tron" in general just seems to just be the name for the franchise/world at this point).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I liked the Tron legacy and Uprising cartoon spinoff so I'm curious what they do with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Leto is a creepy cult leader who has an ego too big considering he is kind of a sub par actor.
    He was the worst part about films I do like such as Requiem for a Dream and Fight Club.
    I guess the Academy disagreed, since he won the Oscar for DBC. I did hate his Joker though.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I did like Legacy. Hopefully this one is on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder if this will continue the Flynn story but there's no sign of Bridges or Hedlund, although I suppose they could've recast.

Of course there's also Tron himself who got sidelined in the movies bearing his name (Although "Tron" in general just seems to just be the name for the franchise/world at this point).
    What they did to Tron in Legacy was absolutely heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I guess the Academy disagreed, since he won the Oscar for DBC. I did hate his Joker though.
    He does look like Jesus right now, lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I’ve liked both Tron movies, but I can’t say I was particularly invested in any of the characters, including Tron or Flynn or Flynn Jr. Based on the new logo, maybe they’ll introduce a new character, TREN. Threes should replace E not O.

My gut reaction to Leto in the lead was surprise. I don’t think of Leto as a lead actor or a guy who can carry a blockbuster, but I’ve never given him much thought. Maybe that’s just misperception.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I’ve liked both Tron movies, but I can’t say I was particularly invested in any of the characters, including Tron or Flynn or Flynn Jr. Based on the new logo, maybe they’ll introduce a new character, TREN. Threes should replace E not O.

My gut reaction to Leto in the lead was surprise. I don’t think of Leto as a lead actor or a guy who can carry a blockbuster, but I’ve never given him much thought. Maybe that’s just misperception.
    I thought he was fine in Blade Runner 2049. Leto might work better as a character actor. Making him Sark or the Great intelligence would be ideal.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm a passive fan of the Tron franchise. I've seen each film and the cartoon Uprising.
    I like that Tron, though weakened, still had a significant role in Uprising. That was I think due to fixing the issues form Legacy but anyway. The threads left dangling for S2 should've happened.
    Don't let us down with Tron 3 Disney(cause I know you could).

While Tron is an actual character it is becoming a defacto stand in for Franchise also I suppose. Recasting Tron is also very likely and could be achieved with the right techno jargon I suppose.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime