Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like framing Jai as the kid who doesn't want to be a superhero. Like its a good bit of distinction, not automatically making every single family member into a hero. Not that it means Jai won't be apart of the action but it means that he's not going to be a full time hero like his sister will.

While Irey will follow her father's legacy and succeed him, Jai will be content finding his own path and doing his own thing. And his father couldn't be prouder, all he would want is to make sure they are happy in the paths they follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like framing Jai as the kid who doesn't want to be a superhero. Like its a good bit of distinction, not automatically making every single family member into a hero. Not that it means Jai won't be apart of the action but it means that he's not going to be a full time hero like his sister will.

While Irey will follow her father's legacy and succeed him, Jai will be content finding his own path and doing his own thing. And his father couldn't be prouder, all he would want is to make sure they are happy in the paths they follow.
    For sure, if there's one thing this arc's been great at, it's showing Wally's strength as a father. While it's taken some jolts to bring him back to the present, Wally's talk with Irey last issue and his talk with Jai this issue were some great character moments
    Last edited by Tomkatie; 01-27-2024 at 01:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

It's a bit unusual because Adams' run showed him, in the future, doing superheroics and such.

But, hey, when was the last time a show the future plot actually came to fruition anyhow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's a bit unusual because Adams' run showed him, in the future, doing superheroics and such.

But, hey, when was the last time a show the future plot actually came to fruition anyhow.
    It's possible Jai will change his mind one day, too.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its also likely that Jai likes to join in when needed and is more of a part-time hero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's possible Jai will change his mind one day, too.
    For sure. Though most of the time I'm happy those snapshots to the future don't come true even if I like Adams'. Who wants a Future State or Futures End or whatever, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    For sure. Though most of the time I'm happy those snapshots to the future don't come true even if I like Adams'. Who wants a Future State or Futures End or whatever, amirite?
    If Jai isnt getting married to Gold Beetle, I'll riot