Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The dialogue is soooo good. I can't wait for Rictor to show up!

My theory so far: We know Selene was able to get her hands on the External Gate in Immortal so she likely resurrected the 4 sacrificed Externals and I think they may be working for her. Way back at the beginning of Immortal she was working with Coven Akkaba. They siphon magic off of powerful figures to power their own magic. They lost Morgan Le Fay in Betsy's book and then they lost Genesis after the Genesis War. I think they may have struck a new deal with Selene, serving under her now. How the kidnapped mutants might play into this is that we learned in Bishop War College (and somewhere else I forget atm) that Coven was looking to obtain a large quantity of mutant blood to power some unknown spell. That could be why the Externals, by way of Selene, are collecting mutants. We shall see!
    Oh shiiiiit that is some deep dive detective diligence! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh shiiiiit that is some deep dive detective diligence! I love it!
    Haha thanks! I sleep soundly under my theory board.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And the art wasn’t too bad either. But imagine if a bigger name was attached to this mega arc.

Dialogue and pacing is pretty damn good.

I hope they go into why Betsy is getting leeway after ORCHIS very extreme threat.

That Shatterstar panel looked sexy af though.

Very good theory JB.

This story just keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    X-Corps Island?!, I am hyped!!!

The writer must have been a fan of the original X-Force series, as he included, Warpath, Mirage, Crule, Gideon and Shatterstar. All big stars in that 90's series and I am loving it!
    And Sunspot's probably behind the scenes. Maybe Rictor, too. (Are he and Shaterstar still together? I've lost track.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn. This is a stealth OG X-Force book! Gonna have to check this out now. Just needs OG Cable.
    He's busy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And the art wasn’t too bad either. But imagine if a bigger name was attached to this mega arc.

Dialogue and pacing is pretty damn good.

I hope they go into why Betsy is getting leeway after ORCHIS very extreme threat.

That Shatterstar panel looked sexy af though.

Very good theory JB.
    The art's improving, imo. A bigger name would have been nice, though.

Shatterstar's looking good, I agree, and I don't even like beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn. This is a stealth OG X-Force book! Gonna have to check this out now. Just needs OG Cable.
    That is the first thing I thought as well, X-Corps by way of X-Force. This is what an X-Force title should look like instead of that monstrosity that Percy gave us.

Man, this title keeps getting better and better, to the point that I will be sad when it comes to an end because I don't think His concept will survive into the Brevoort era.
    This is what I want out of John, the reluctant team player who is just ferocious in battle. He has that potential to be this generation Wolverine, but with a personality that makes sense and is not just put on because it makes the character edgy, since he was the X-Men's original bad boy. I can see though that Jimmy was sidelined on purpose to just let John go into this little adventure and allow him to interact with new characters without him as a buffer. I understand why it was done, I just hope that Jimmy is allowed to come back later. Their banter was gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Man, this title keeps getting better and better, to the point that I will be sad when it comes to an end because I don't think His concept will survive into the Brevoort era.
    This is what I want out of John, the reluctant team player who is just ferocious in battle. He has that potential to be this generation Wolverine, but with a personality that makes sense and is not just put on because it makes the character edgy, since he was the X-Men's original bad boy. I can see though that Jimmy was sidelined on purpose to just let John go into this little adventure and allow him to interact with new characters without him as a buffer. I understand why it was done, I just hope that Jimmy is allowed to come back later. Their banter was gold.
    The only issue I would have with a team with both Proudstars is they have VERY similar power sets.
    I wish John reacted to Jimmy flying though that would have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    This story just keeps getting better.

And Sunspot's probably behind the scenes. Maybe Rictor, too. (Are he and Shaterstar still together? I've lost track.)
    Yeah I would bet money that Sunspot had a hand in putting this together. I almost wonder if the floating island was something he was working on utilizing, back when he told Storm he was handling some future business which was why he missed the gala.

X-Men Monday recently teased art of Rictor that I'm 99% sure is for Unlimited. He and Shatterstar should still be together unless something happened off-panel. I think the last time we saw them together was during that New Mutants reunion story on Sunspot's space yacht.

I'm digging the art. Nick Roche and Phil Sevy will be alternating on and off and I like both of their styles. I'm so happy this story is 20 parts and it's just getting started!

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    That is the first thing I thought as well, X-Corps by way of X-Force. This is what an X-Force title should look like instead of that monstrosity that Percy gave us.
    Reminds me of the team under Morrison. They had Siryn, Rictor, Feral etc.

Its great to see Shatterstar (and looking great) and more Externals. Its interesting just how many mutants did NOT go through the gates.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Many of them probably werent close the gates which makes sense IMO

Knight of X brings in Shatterstar already, but you have Rictor, maybe Brian and Meggan... Beis already with Sunspot so maybe that's how they even got looped in. Rachel is working with Xavier in Dead X-Men.

Dani brings with her Curse, Dust, Marrow, and probably not Mary since she's in Gang War with Kingpin. Magik is joining the X-Men underground/resistance.

Warpath, Somnus, and Cerebra are now acknowledged, but we have Wolfsbane, Karma, BoomBoom, Tempo, and the younger New Mutants squad unaccounted for in anything really. Along with a wealth of other characters just on the island this whole time. Magma, Cecilia Reyes, Pyro, Skin, Husk, Mondo, Chamber just to name a few... I didn't understand why you couldnt have some of this crew as a POV group within the WHR in Immortal, too. It's all just the most random mutants that went thru the gates.

Most of the current X-Force or those that survived Sabretooth will join the underground X-Men since we already have Colossus and Wolverine in that mix. Just like it seems Uncanny Unity squad is going to be working with them.

Unlimited should be a legit book or version of X-Corps ... there's too many X-Characters floating around not accounted for. We got some of the most obscure and random characters over in Dark X-Men, and just dumped out many characters featured in X-Books with no explanation and placed completely out of the FOX storyline

Very glad these characters are getting a chance to shine, and i’m glad that they’re establishing that all these resourceful mutants haven’t just been relegated to faceless background mutants in the WHR.

Good call on Bei, Bgred37. If Sunspot is one of the architects of the new X-Corps I can see Bei joining him after their exchanges in the last Unlimited story. She also had a budding friendship with Rictor and Shatterstar in Excalibur/KoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The only issue I would have with a team with both Proudstars is they have VERY similar power sets.
    I wish John reacted to Jimmy flying though that would have been fun.
    I mean, yes, but the Avengers have 2 or 3 heavyhitters at all times, so having both Proudstars in a team doesn't bother me, especially a team like X-Corps that could potentially split them into different unit depending on missions.