Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That Rictor art is definitely from Unlimited.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

I was legit so excited by this post that I kept screwing up my login. !!My man Shatterstar!! And given Rictor's kink for beards, it's my hope that they're a VERY happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Knight of X brings in Shatterstar already, but you have Rictor, maybe Brian and Meggan... Beis already with Sunspot so maybe that's how they even got looped in. Rachel is working with Xavier in Dead X-Men.

Dani brings with her Curse, Dust, Marrow, and probably not Mary since she's in Gang War with Kingpin. Magik is joining the X-Men underground/resistance.

Warpath, Somnus, and Cerebra are now acknowledged, but we have Wolfsbane, Karma, BoomBoom, Tempo, and the younger New Mutants squad unaccounted for in anything really. Along with a wealth of other characters just on the island this whole time. Magma, Cecilia Reyes, Pyro, Skin, Husk, Mondo, Chamber just to name a few... I didn't understand why you couldnt have some of this crew as a POV group within the WHR in Immortal, too. It's all just the most random mutants that went thru the gates.

Most of the current X-Force or those that survived Sabretooth will join the underground X-Men since we already have Colossus and Wolverine in that mix. Just like it seems Uncanny Unity squad is going to be working with them.

Unlimited should be a legit book or version of X-Corps ... there's too many X-Characters floating around not accounted for. We got some of the most obscure and random characters over in Dark X-Men, and just dumped out many characters featured in X-Books with no explanation and placed completely out of the FOX storyline
    Completely agree, the one title that would make 100% sense to have on a physical book and Marvel relegated it to Unlimited. Well, at least Unlimited finally has a story that is important to the current narrative, but I really wish it was a monthly title.

Mighty Member

I wish we saw more of Betsy using her position in the other books to make the point she’s out there, but I get it that there was a story to tell. Since I’m not subscribed to Unlimited, these recaps are great, but I would have been more interested in THIS being a mini instead Realm of X. That was so disconnected from anything and this could have been an even bigger storyline. I could have done without half those minis if they focused on this story, Alpha Flight and maybe Dark X-men and connected them all together.

This X- Corp storyline would have been a better place for Monet, Psylocke and Rogue than Uncanny Avengers which really just set up Stevil. War if Realm/Dark X-men could have been connected with a longer mini somehow and Alpha Flight would have been fine to connect with this storyline as it seems this is rescuing mutants.

Sorry… got so off topic because I’m happy to Betsy back and a lot of these old school X-force characters back together!
    Last edited by Rnap22; 01-22-2024 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I was legit so excited by this post that I kept screwing up my login. !!My man Shatterstar!! And given Rictor's kink for beards, it's my hope that they're a VERY happy couple.
    I know that's right.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I wish we saw more of Betsy using her position in the other books to make the point she’s out there, but I get it that there was a story to tell. Since I’m not subscribed to Unlimited, these recaps are great, but I would have been more interested in THIS being a mini instead Realm of X. That was so disconnected from anything and this could have been an even bigger storyline. I could have done without half those minis if they focused on this story, Alpha Flight and maybe Dark X-men and connected them all together.

This X- Corp storyline would have been a better place for Monet, Psylocke and Rogue than Uncanny Avengers which really just set up Stevil. War if Realm/Dark X-men could have been connected with a longer mini somehow and Alpha Flight would have been fine to connect with this storyline as it seems this is rescuing mutants.

Sorry… got so off topic because I’m happy to Betsy back and a lot of these old school X-force characters back together!
    Completely agree. Heck, Realm of X should have been a story for Unlimited and this should have been a mini in a physical book. It completely connects to what is going on in FoX and it's excellent to top it off.

Next issue is Shatterstar and Rictor focused Im assuming right? Its the one with the Shattybuns cover and we saw Rictor teased recently.

Wish Magma and Skin were in this mega arc.

That one Orchis agent hates fighting the "grown ones." *shudder* Some lines really cement what the creep level is for the kind of people that take this kind of job.

Great story! Great banter. Can be easy to mess that up.
    Great characterization.
    Shatterstar looks so cool!
    Looking forward to more!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Next issue is Shatterstar and Rictor focused Im assuming right? Its the one with the Shattybuns cover and we saw Rictor teased
    I hope they rescue El Aguila and he teams up with them as a second swordsman.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Next issue is Shatterstar and Rictor focused Im assuming right? Its the one with the Shattybuns cover and we saw Rictor teased recently.

Wish Magma and Skin were in this mega arc.
    The covers are sometimes just panels from that issue but it's very possible the next is Shatterstar focused. There's definitely a team book vibe with this story though.

Say what you will about X-Force in the 90s, but it was one of, if not the most diverse group of characters in a comic book team. I wouldn't mind having them back in a team book.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The covers are sometimes just panels from that issue but it's very possible the next is Shatterstar focused. There's definitely a team book vibe with this story though.
    Honestly, if this is a setup for a new X-force by one of the Steves in the next X-era, I'm actually interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Honestly, if this is a setup for a new X-force by one of the Steves in the next X-era, I'm actually interested.
    100% me too. I love the X-Corps concept and the floating island. If Krakoa is indeed going to be gone for good, I think it's a cool base for a team to operate from.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    100% me too. I love the X-Corps concept and the floating island. If Krakoa is indeed going to be gone for good, I think it's a cool base for a team to operate from.
    With Angel and M as guests, cofunding the island with Sunspot. The dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    With Angel and M as guests, cofunding the island with Sunspot. The dream.
    Oooh yes. I would love to see Warren and Monet connected to all of this again.