Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Maybe even too difficult for another writer to follow up after she’s done. Not really feeling it. Really want us to feel more like Hickman Spider-Man.
    Maybe if they try doing something similar, but I have a feeling her story will be so self-contained that the next writer will have a lot of X-concepts and characters left to introduce.

This is the only Ultimate title that caught my interest.
    I hope it stays away from the classic X-Men and tells its own, original X-Men story.
    That would be nice if characters like Zero and Surge were part of it too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

No interest in this. A surprising direction for the new Ultimate line (which I also have no interest in). Hope those who are excited enjoy!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Surprised to see so many people out on this series, this seems to be the kinda out there big swing people say marvel doesn't do anymore. Regardless, im hyped to see how Momoko reinvents the x-men in this new universe

This isn't my cup of tea (or coffee), but I wish Peach much success with the book and hope those looking forward to it enjoy it.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Incredible Member

Why are they still pushing Armor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Since when is Hisako's "armor" sentient? I've always thought it was just an extension or her body, but here it's acting kind of like Madara's Susano'o (Naruto). Actually it looks like it's acting own its on.
    If memory serves me right, she claimed in her first that the armor is actualy the spirit of her ancestors taken form. Which might be the inspiration for how it works in this version and would also explain the charm she pulled out of her skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Why are they still pushing Armor?
    Perhaps because the writer simply liked or found her interesting and therefor pitched a story with her?
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-22-2024 at 11:45 AM.

As others have said, I’m not sure what to think about this because it’s so unrecognisable from regular X-Men. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but as the main thing I loved about Ultimate Spider-Man was how it subverted a familiar and loved concept, it does make this hard to get a read on. I’ll wait for more information before committing either way.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Peach Momoko isn't an X-Men fan, but that is precisely why I want to check out her work.

She isn't going to do the "same old, same old" one more time. Rather, she will try to tell new stories with a few mutant characters. That is all. Which is why this interview seems premature.

Risky, maybe, but I like it. You need to keep an open mind and leave your preemptive biases and personal tastes at the door or at least within the 616 universe. This isn't just changing the clothes and uniforms while trying to ape Claremont or whatever. It's a wholly separate idea.

There is no obligation for her to make a traditional mutant book and we are not forced to read it either.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    Peach Momoko isn't an X-Men fan, but that is precisely why I want to check out her work.

She isn't going to do the "same old, same old" one more time. Rather, she will try to tell new stories with a few mutant characters. That is all. Which is why this interview seems premature.

Risky, maybe, but I like it. You need to keep an open mind and leave your preemptive biases and personal tastes at the door or at least within the 616 universe. This isn't just changing the clothes and uniforms while trying to ape Claremont or whatever. It's a wholly separate idea.

There is no obligation for her to make a traditional mutant book and we are not forced to read it either.
    Agreed with all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post

Honestly I would be more interested if someone who has never read X-men was put on a title with the premice "school for mutants hated and feared, also use these characters with basic point on personnality and powers."
    But maybe that's actually what she's doing, I should probably read the interview XD
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 01-22-2024 at 02:29 PM.

The potential winner of the worst X-Men comics of 2024!?

Spectacular Member

Some people will drop this book over the choice of characters Momoko is writing. (And i'm not referring to anyone on this thread) I'm already interested in this reboot take on Ultimate X-men and as a fan of Hisako last month.

AIPT: Finally, you’ve created so many breathtaking covers and commissions of both classic and obscure X-Men characters. Is there an X-Men character you never get tired of bringing to life?

Peach: I have never thought about that. I enjoy drawing so many X-Men characters.
    Just now, I love her artwork on Daredevil and Eleckra. This week on Topps Collect is her feature on Artist Spotlight.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ultimate X-Men sounds more of a Peach Momoko comicbook than an X-Men comicbook, which could be fine if it's great. I haven't really read her Demon Days but her art is very pretty so I will check Ult X out and try to enjoy it on its own merits rather than any expectations I might have.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Making Storm non-black is a choice.
    The art is wonderful though.
    That's not Storm, Ororo is in the new Ultimate Black Panther book.

This character is Maystorm, someone who idolizes Storm