Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Rex in Rebels had a nightmare about Cody, if it is him, I doubt he survives the season.
    end of spoilers
    I mean, we already kind of knew that as he wasn't with Rex in Rebels and if he had survived you would have thought he'd be there.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I mean, we already kind of knew that as he wasn't with Rex in Rebels and if he had survived you would have thought he'd be there.
    Yeah, but I just assume because of the nightmare that something in particular happened.

Today's episode brings back Fennec Shand with Wrecker and Hunter looking for another bounty hunter on a swamp planet, while Omega and Crosshair try to fix Crosshair's unsteady hands.

Thought the Praying mantis Bounty Hunter was a Verpine, turns out he's a "Yam'rii" or Huk. They actually debuted way back in Star Wars, they're a blink and you'll miss it alien when Obi-Wan 'disarms' Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Book of Boba Fett may have been a bust but you can never have enough Fennec Shand! She's not the nicest and she's always out for credits, but she's at least consistent and competent.

Honestly I thought it would take longer for Crosshairs to get his hand looked at but I guess it would be harder for him to acknowledge he why of his hands twitching. Never expected to see him take on meditation.

I've never seen someone fight through so many stun bolts.

Fennec is a woman of her word...which isn't to say she won't also screw you over.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Today's episode brings back Fennec Shand with Wrecker and Hunter looking for another bounty hunter on a swamp planet, while Omega and Crosshair try to fix Crosshair's unsteady hands.

Thought the Praying mantis Bounty Hunter was a Verpine, turns out he's a "Yam'rii" or Huk. They actually debuted way back in Star Wars, they're a blink and you'll miss it alien when Obi-Wan 'disarms' Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan.
    Yeah, thought I recognized it from the Star Wars CCG, where I believe the one in the cantina was made into a characters with only 1 Ability Rating but a whopping 8 Power.

They also had a war with General Greivous's people. The way Sylar moves seems to be a nod to that, as we see with Grievous adopting similar movements when he flees Obi-Wan in ROTS after the army arrives. implying that Grievous learned some moves from his old enemies, or even had his cyborg body designed to mimic their movements. Greivous did after all adopt Jedi techniques to fight Jedi, so certainly he'd have a similar technique with his old enemies. It's a nice attention to detail by the writers/animators there.

This episode was the Ventress one, although it doesn't provide an explanation for her resurrection (probably doesn't want to alienate those who haven't read "Dark Disciple" which was the only media where she's written as having died in the first place) apart from her alluding that she has many lives left.

Other than that and a brief fight with the clones after they go after her for being an enemy (But then says the Empire's the real bad guy, we all lost etc) it's more or less standard Jedi training stuff, with Omega and Ventress accidentally provoking a sea monster but then calming it.

Ventress curiously also tests her "M count" by Omega's force skills, not by doing the blood sample thing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan did in TPM. Guess like the Mandalorian they mention Midichlorians in passing but don't want to go too deep into the whole 'science' of it all like TPM did, instead just showing the usual "Use the force" stuff. Having your cake and eating it too I guess.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-27-2024 at 01:13 PM.

This was one of my favorite episodes so far, I loved seeing Ventress again and I dearly hope this isn't the last we see of her.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I love the delightful irony of Crosshairs' character development where he can say "we're not giving her up" even though he was one of the people hunting them in season 1.

Man, it feels good to hear Nika Futterman as Asajj Ventress again and with the same level of sass. Only now she has hair .

I guess that's one way to handle reconciling Asajj still being alive with "Dark Disciple," by not addressing it at all! I guess it would have probably bogged down the show in heavy exposition if they directly addressed it or what Asajj had been up to (even if they probably could have mentioned she was recorded as KIA or mentioned Quinlan) and this was probably easier for anyone just watching the cartoons or the Bad Batch for the first time. I guess now they can do an "Asajj Ventress returns" novel or something...which would probably be ignored in another cartoon like most of the novels are at this point.

I was honestly wondering if anyone ever was going to say "midichlorians" out loud.

I don't care for the idea of Omega being Force Sensitive. I know she's had great empathy and ability to connect with people but she doesn't seem highly sensitive in the Force unless it's like Sabine where she just needs heavy training to be able to do anything. But I hope it's really just something inherent in her DNA rather than her being a Force Sensitive clone.

I love the delightful irony of Crosshairs' character development where he can say "we're not giving her up" even though he was one of the people hunting them in season 1.

Man, it feels good to hear Nika Futterman as Asajj Ventress again and with the same level of sass. Only now she has hair .

I guess that's one way to handle reconciling Asajj still being alive with "Dark Disciple," by not addressing it at all! I guess it would have probably bogged down the show in heavy exposition if they directly addressed it or what Asajj had been up to (even if they probably could have mentioned she was recorded as KIA or mentioned Quinlan) and this was probably easier for anyone just watching the cartoons or the Bad Batch for the first time. I guess now they can do an "Asajj Ventress returns" novel or something...which would probably be ignored in another cartoon like most of the novels are at this point.

I was honestly wondering if anyone ever was going to say "midichlorians" out loud.

I don't care for the idea of Omega being Force Sensitive. I know she's had great empathy and ability to connect with people but she doesn't seem highly sensitive in the Force unless it's like Sabine where she just needs heavy training to be able to do anything. But I hope it's really just something inherent in her DNA rather than her being a Force Sensitive clone.
    I'm confused, it was telegraphed pretty hard the whole way and we literally had an episode tieing into the whole smoke/cloning plot.

I'm confused, it was telegraphed pretty hard the whole way and we literally had an episode tieing into the whole smoke/cloning plot.
    What part?

What part?
    Omega being force sensitive was telegraphed from her introduction and then we saw the Emperor visiting the project at Mount Tantiss which cemented it.

Omega being force sensitive was telegraphed from her introduction and then we saw the Emperor visiting the project at Mount Tantiss which cemented it.
    I know it was telegraphed from the get-go, I think I mentioned as much in the premier, though I don't think they've been consistent about it and it probably isn't any kind of major sensitivity.

I know it was telegraphed from the get-go, I think I mentioned as much in the premier, though I don't think they've been consistent about it and it probably isn't any kind of major sensitivity.
    Yes, but you also mentioned hoping she wasn't a force sensitive clone but it seems obvious that's exactly what she is.

Yes, but you also mentioned hoping she wasn't a force sensitive clone but it seems obvious that's exactly what she is.
    I guess because most of the rest of the time she never felt like one?