Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bad Batch season 3

Coming February 21st...

And that last bit...to paraphrase Captain Kirk: "Aren't you dead"?

Then again her people are known to reanimate the dead....

2024 seems like it be light on SW TV stuff as Andor won't be out until 2025, ditto with the next movie (Which might be the Rey thing or the Mandalorian film depending on certain things?) and Skeleton Crew and Acolyte seem to be heading for a Fall/Winter release although I'm not sure. So this is pretty much welcome.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-22-2024 at 11:37 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Hell yeah! The ending really got me
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Holy @#$%

spoilers:
    Ventress!?
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

Is she a clone?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is she a clone?
    Could be. We know the Empire's interested in force clones although there's been no real connection between this, Gideon's pet project and Palpatine's resurrection.

I guess it's presumed that the force clones could be host bodies for a force ghost/spirit (How Palpatine managed to come back)

Mighty Member

The Ventress thing could totally work. Dark Disciple ends with her body being left in a magic pool on Dathomir which promptly begins glowing the green of Nightsister magicks. I think they could totally work a resurrection out of that.

I don't expect she'll be a clone. Could be, certainly. But I don't expect so. Because if she's a clone she won't be Ventress. (Consider, if Palpatine could already perfectly clone a Force wielder and transplant their "soul" this early then nothing in the rest of the saga makes the smallest bit of sense.) And if it isn't really Ventress then this looses a lot of it's oomph.

It was nice to see Fennec and Cad Bane but a part of me is still hoping for a Boba appearance.

Also I guess Phee is helping them partially because of Tech's death.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The Ventress thing could totally work. Dark Disciple ends with her body being left in a magic pool on Dathomir which promptly begins glowing the green of Nightsister magicks. I think they could totally work a resurrection out of that.

I don't expect she'll be a clone. Could be, certainly. But I don't expect so. Because if she's a clone she won't be Ventress. (Consider, if Palpatine could already perfectly clone a Force wielder and transplant their "soul" this early then nothing in the rest of the saga makes the smallest bit of sense.) And if it isn't really Ventress then this looses a lot of it's oomph.
    Somehow Ventress has returned...

They said Dark Disciple is still going to be canon so I don't think this is a case of them throwing out stuff like they did the Kanan comic or the Ahsoka novel. Or at least I hope it isn't.

Be nice to see Quinlan Vos though.

Kind of wonder what Palpatine means about "whatever is needed to accomplish this goal" means.

Could be the Empire further 'evolving' from the ROTS aesthetic to the OT's. Basically the Imperator/Imperial class Star Destroyers and TIE fighters were already out that year (after trial runs in the Clone Wars) replacing the Venators and V-wings.

New clip, looks like a bunch of "teen" clones that took to a jungle planet after Kamino's facility was destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHxPp44zcUg

So the three episode premiere features mainly Omega and Crosshair and how their plotline connects to "Project Necromancer"-mentioned in Mandalorian, and of course the idea to Palpatine to continue in a clone body should he die (In "Rise of Skywalker" of course) in the first and third stories.

In the scene where Palpatine inspects what is presumably an early attempt at a clone, I was half-expecting Snoke or something similar to appear. Ian of course once again voices him.

The middle episode deals with Hunter and Wrecker checking out an abandoned facility of Hemlocks for a lead, where they meet a Trio of younger clones and some sort of mutant monster the Empire left behind-which seems to be a mix of a Dianoga (The trash monster in ANH, also appeared in some earlier episodes) and a Sarlacc.

One thing I'm curious is that if Hux's father was involved in Necromancer why the First Order's leadership seems kind of surprised about the whole thing in ROS. Then again Snoke never mentioned it to Kylo either. (Hux, in the book PHASMA, is killed in a slight coup that put's Snoke's faction more in control of the FO instead of many of the old Imperials).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-21-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Seems strange that the Empire is phasing out their clones on the off hand that one might have a slight Force connection.

They couldn't just collect blood samples while they were in the field?

Think he wants to keep this one a bit extra-secret, as he said in dialogue.

Same with the Sith Eternal fleet/Exegol, Vader doesn't learn about it and get a wayfinder until after ESB according to the comics. The Death Star as well, although maybe a little less due to it's scale and maybe easier to 'sell' than trying to make one immortal or lead a Sith cult.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems strange that the Empire is phasing out their clones on the off hand that one might have a slight Force connection.

They couldn't just collect blood samples while they were in the field?
    Two unrelated concepts. The clones are being phased out in favor of conscripts because they are expensive and because conscript soldiers better reinforce the is vs them mentality at the heart of the Empire.

But since the clones are Imperial property anyway, the existing units have been repurposed for research purposes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Pretty decent start, I really enjoyed the Palpatine scenes.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's kind of amazing how many modern Star Wars shows have incorporated plots meant to tie-in and better explain one of the most controversial aspects of the sequel trilogy. Like, no one probably thought we needed to dive deeper into Palpatine's attempt to clone himself yet here it is as one of the key elements in this arc of the Bad Batch. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just kind of amusing how much mileage they're getting out of it.

So is Emerie what an adult female Jango clone is supposed to look like? Is that what Omega is going to look like when she gets older? Minus the hair color.

I like Omega with a ponytail, I hope they don't cut her hair back when she rejoins the team.

I honestly had totally forgotten about the young Clones. Really put into perspective what these cadets fresh from cloning and bred to be soldiers do when the war is over and they're in an even more precarious position than the adult Clones. But hey, Daniel Logan! I really want to see Boba though.

Well, yeah, Sidious probably wouldn't settle for a body that didn't have as much capability in the Force as his current one. He needs to be as eternally powerful as possible.

Finally completing Crosshairs' redemption by pairing him and Omega up and letting her win him over, to the point where they work together. I feel kind of sad that he must have learned about Tech's death off-screen but that scene where they talk about him meant a lot. It'll be interesting to see how Hunter and Wrecker react to him when they reunite, because there was a lot of bad blood but with Tech gone they're basically the only three left of the original Batch and Crosshairs helped get Omega out.

Figures the Republic Commando lasted longer than the normal Storm Troopers. Not by much, but still.