Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulrkiii View Post
    Was a good episode but I just don't see how everything can be wrapped up in two episodes. I'm hoping they have another animated project they haven't announced yet that continues the story even if it includes a time jump and Omega is older. I didn't care for her character at first but she's grown on me.
    I think it's telling that the finale for Bad Batch is just a couple days before May the 4th (where a whole slew of things are being announced). I'm expecting the last couple episodes will just get Omega free, see the Empire move Necromancer to Exegol in an epilogue (or somewhere else provocative, and maybe introduce young Gideon as a project lead), and have Omega decide she needs to help get the Force sensitive kids to safety, which will be the subject of a future project.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, I'm really wondering how they wrap this all up, or barring that how they go forward
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's nice to see Echo back with the team for a full-circle moment but I wonder if they're going to find some way to bring Rex's team to Tantiss.

It actually looks kind of nice in sunlight.

Emerie is sympathetic but I feel like the only way she's going to directly help them is if she's put into making a decisive decision of choosing the kids and Omega over her job which she still feels a sense of pride in.

Omega plotting her next breakout like a criminal mastermind. I'm so proud .

I didn't expect Rampart to turn into the teams' "Sixth Ranger" in the last hour but I wonder what they're going to do with him on Tantiss.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrkiii View Post
    Was a good episode but I just don't see how everything can be wrapped up in two episodes. I'm hoping they have another animated project they haven't announced yet that continues the story even if it includes a time jump and Omega is older. I didn't care for her character at first but she's grown on me.
    I found her really annoying at first, and I do like her now but it's not because she's "grown on me" which usually means you just get used to them and so they don't grate as much, but because she's actually grown as a character. Her personality is simply not the same as it was at the beginning of the series.

Wonder if what's in the tank is going to be revealed. A proto-Snoke perhaps?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if what's in the tank is going to be revealed. A proto-Snoke perhaps?
    Wasn't the Emperor responsible for Snoke? I don't remember much about RoS, but maybe it's even a baby Palpatine, but the process can only work if the child is allowed to grow at a normal rate rather than go through the advanced aging thing most clones go through? Then the Emperor had been growing his little replacement in secret the whole time ... (not sure if that makes sense, my grasp of the lore and the timing of everything is super spotty at this point)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wasn't the Emperor responsible for Snoke? I don't remember much about RoS, but maybe it's even a baby Palpatine, but the process can only work if the child is allowed to grow at a normal rate rather than go through the advanced aging thing most clones go through? Then the Emperor had been growing his little replacement in secret the whole time ... (not sure if that makes sense, my grasp of the lore and the timing of everything is super spotty at this point)
    Everything about Snoke's origins are hazy right now, as far as I know. There are vats of Snoke-looking things on Exegol in Rise of Skywalker, and Palpatine suggests he was somehow controlling Snoke and his manipulation of Ben/Kylo. Other than that, who knows? Personally, I'm hoping we got baby Snoke released during the fight on Tantiss (that is, Snoke when he's young, since he'll be quite mature by The Force Awakens some 50+ years later).

As a matter of chronology, Dathan, Rey's dad, is "born" in 12 BBY (we're somewhere around 18-17BBY, I think), and if Snoke is from previous experiments, then he has to have been created either during Bad Batch or very shortly after.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

We saw proto snoke here already didn't we?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

There's also some beings in vats in the Exegol arc in the Vader comics, but it's kind of hard to tell if they're meant to be Palpatine or Snoke.

Luke's hand is also kept there as well. Y'know what would be kind of wild? If Dathan was actually maybe cloned from that hand and Palpatine's. Making Rey a sort of Skywalker after all.

Kind of like how the Conner Kent Superboy is pretty much a clone of both Superman and Lex Luthor.

Could explain why the character doesn't really resemble even a young Ian Mcdiarmid at all...

Another odd thing about Snoke, his cheek and head scars are said to be injuries from an encounter with Luke (Which we don't see) in the Kylo Ren comics, yet the Snokes in the vats seem to have those marks too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-23-2024 at 07:12 PM.

Fun penultimate episode today, a lot of it focusing on Echo who uses the classic stormtrooper disguise but adds a droid hand to his plug-in.

Also reveals Tantiss has another Zillo beast.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Luke's hand is also kept there as well. Y'know what would be kind of wild? If Dathan was actually maybe cloned from that hand and Palpatine's. Making Rey a sort of Skywalker after all.
    Wow - I don't read the comics, etc. so I didn't know they followed up on Luke's hand. What happened to Luke's lightsaber that he dropped? Did they make a whole story about that too?

Not as much-Luke looked for it during his return to Cloud City with Lando in the early issues of the current monthly. Think he recovered his X-wing (I guess he actually does use the same one throughout the films-hence Rey having his ANH callsign) but not his lightsaber, which is found by an Ugnaught, although how it wound up in Maz's possession is still a mystery, although in some of the EU there is a black market of sorts for Jedi and Sith relics so maybe it wound at one of those.

Luke uses a High Republic/Temple Guard yellow lightsaber (The yellow being a bit of a nod to the original action figure color) in the interim but it gets damaged (and actually was damaged in the first place-it's supposed to be a double-bladed Lightsaber pike but one part isn't working), and he's recently just completed the ROTJ saber.

It's unknown how the Emperor got Luke's hand to Exegol (although I think there's a picture of someone recovering it, although I'm not sure if that's current or Disney canon-in the old canon, it was used to make Luuke Skywalker at the end of the Thrawn trilogy), here's a bit more from a Nerdist article. https://nerdist.com/article/where-lu...oke-palpatine/
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-24-2024 at 09:18 AM.

I was not expecting Hemlock and his forces to act so competently in this episode. This felt more like Andor Empire instead of Filoni Empire outside Thrawn.

The Batch having to carry around Rampart despite the fact that they would rather he just croak but knowing they can't leave him alone was pretty amusing, though he ended up getting caught so that will probably end up screwing them over like they expected.

I feel bad for that Droid. He was just doing his job! But I guess now Echo gets to feel like he has two hands again for a bit.

Even in the final arc the Batch can't avoid fighting giant beasts. And there's another Zillo Beast too! How appropriate.

Crosshairs re-emphasizing his character development by noting what distinguishes him from Rampart.

There was something kind of surreal about Omega relying on a bunch of kids to help facilitate her brief escape but the kids helped as believably as they could.

Echo obviously isn't sympathetic to scientists who experiment on and use people, knowing what he experienced, but it seems like abducting and experimenting on kids was really a step too far for Emerie and she's ready to help. Though in fairness to her, despite being a clone, she seems to be doing what she was cloned by Nala Se for. Though I guess it's also a "Good Soldier Follow Orders" thing.

For all the Snoke and Palpatine speculation, wonder if the series will end on a cliffhanger about what's in the clone vat.

Also kind of wonder if maybe it's a canon version of C'baoth perhaps? (C'baoth was an insane cloned Jedi who ran Tantiss after ROTJ, Thrawn used him to help coordinate his fleet's attacks for a time but then put him on a sort of side mission of messing with Luke Skywalker. Thrawn kind of put him back in Tantiss which led to him taking over the facility and making clone Luke). Filoni is fond of taking EU stuff and putting it back into Disney canon with a few adjustments so I wouldn't put it past him.

He's also the center of Heir to the Empire's cover art with laser hands.

Mighty Member

I don't think C'Boath makes much sense for the Disney EU. For one, we know so many Jedi already that there are actually interesting options for the role of "crazy Jedi-turned Dark Side user running around being crazy." But more importantly, the thru-line from Bad Batch to Mando to Rise of Skywalker is that they never perfected cloning a Force-sensitive being. Once you take away C'Boath as a crazy clone or the possibility of Luuke, I think it makes a lot more sense to have the Nightsisters and Baylan/Shin running around in the Mando-portion of the timeline fulfilling that purpose.